2023 Oliver Trailer Rally at Lake Guntersville Registration is Now Open (And Attendees List)

Steve Morris

I feel like the forums have been a tad quiet for the past week.  Everyone must be out spiffing up their trailers. I know I have.

😉 

• Like 2

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

44 minutes ago, Wayfinder said:

Everyone must be out spiffing up their trailers.

I was out getting mine muddy! Four days with TearJerkers at Lake Loramie State Park (Ohio), and three with my brothers at Indian Lake State Park (Ohio).

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Care 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

Folks, it looks like a chance of rain for much of my 5 hour trip and throughout the week of the rally.  Don't forget to clean and apply Rain-X to at least your front windshield.  Be safe out there.

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

Steve,

Great work as the “keeper of the gate or list” for the Oliver Rally attendance. I know it will sure help Kathy and I as we meet, greet and visit other Oliver owners around LGSP.

Thank you!

Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

So, without a bike, and it in section G (G28), how much of a walk is it to the main hall daily?  Also, it looks like good chance of rain at least one day.  Thoughts?  This will be my first time.

I've been fighting plantar fasciitis since last summer.  I'm sure I will aggravating the foot without a bike. But, I am considering bringing it. I'll need to get old-school peddles as I only have my clip-in peddles.

Thanks,

Chris
Augusta, Georgia

• Moderator+
11 minutes ago, Wayfinder said:

So, without a bike, and it in section G (G28), how much of a walk is it to the main hall daily? 

The lodge is 500 feet above us and about 2-3 miles.  You will drive to it. The pavilion may be within walking distance of your trailer. That will be up to you. But you will be able to drive anywhere you want to go. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

53 minutes ago, johnwen said:

If you are looking for a place to "clean up",  Guntersville has a car wash (Lakeside Carwash) that will accommodate an Oliver.  Use the center stall as you won't be able to make the left hand turn to get out.

John

Thanks John, 

It seems we have been through the Tennessee and Alabama monsoon season in the last few days. We may need to pay a visit to Lakeside carwash. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RVera_10 said:

Unfortunately we had to cancel last minute do to death in the family. Site E40 

We are very sorry for your loss. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

9 hours ago, RVera_10 said:

Unfortunately we had to cancel last minute do to death in the family. Site E40 

@RVera_10 Our thoughts and prayers are with you. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 3

IMG_2879.jpeg

@Steve Morris

Thanks for you site-to-name list you maintained for this year's rally. It was very helpful to have it bookmarked on my phone to cross reference who I was face-to-face with. Hopefully someone will take up the torch for next year's rally. 

I know many of us have already reserved out site for next year. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

Chris
Augusta, Georgia

Made it home to Indiana from the rally safe and sound today. Nine hours driving straight through with three stops. Traffic was heavier than I would expect on a Sunday but manageable. My neighbor mowed my grass because he's such a great guy! 

Site reserved for next year and can't wait. It was such a blast! Safe travels everyone!

• Like 8

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

15 hours ago, Wayfinder said:

@Steve Morris

Thanks for you site-to-name list you maintained for this year's rally. It was very helpful to have it bookmarked on my phone to cross reference who I was face-to-face with. Hopefully someone will take up the torch for next year's rally. 

I know many of us have already reserved out site for next year. 

Thank you, Chris. I was genuinely surprised at how many people we saw using the list! I’m glad that it came in handy. 

It was funny, because when I’d handout a contact card, invariably, the response would be “Oh, you’re the list guy” or “ Oh, you’re Curiously! I loved the story”

We met so many wonderful people and already look forward to next year. You’ll again find us on G23. We’ve also made plans with several Ohio, Indiana, and at least one Illinois owners to get together in Indiana late September or early October.

Thank you all for making our first rally so memorable!

Steve and Deb

• Like 8

-----
Facebook - Instagram

map.jpg

BTW, I’ve already started gathering names/site number/state/hull number for next year. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

-----
Facebook - Instagram

map.jpg

23 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

Thank you, Chris. I was genuinely surprised at how many people we saw using the list! I’m glad that it came in handy. 

It was funny, because when I’d handout a contact card, invariably, the response would be “Oh, you’re the list guy” or “ Oh, you’re Curiously! I loved the story”

We met so many wonderful people and already look forward to next year. You’ll again find us on G23. We’ve also made plans with several Ohio, Indiana, and at least one Illinois owners to get together in Indiana late September or early October.

Thank you all for making our first rally so memorable!

Steve and Deb

Steve,

What pleasure to meet you and Deb! We look forward to seeing you both again at next years Rally! The sites are filling up quickly!
We are already booked at site G 06! 😊

Mr and Mrs Patriot🇺🇸

David & Kathy Hull #634

North Carolina

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Patriot said:

We are already booked at site G 06!

Hi neighbor!  I've got site G-10 for next year.  Just maybe I'll get a chance to see more of you two!

Unfortunately, a number of long time Rally goers are NOT going to have their "usual" sites next year because they were beaten to the punch by others.  This will make finding people a bit more difficult thus making "the list" even more important.

My apologies to all those people that I wanted to meet but, somehow, I don't even recall seeing them there.  Hopefully next year I'll be a bit more organized and the weather will be a bit better.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shawna and Scott said:

Looking forward to the get together this fall!!

We’re eager to hear the plans once things get finalized!

• Like 1

-----
Facebook - Instagram

map.jpg

• 4 months later...

Note to organizers:

I recently recommended the Oliver Rally to a couple who will be picking up early next year (2024). I attended in  2022 as a new owner, and it was fantastic. My top reasons to recommend attendance are meeting fellow owners, and attending the excellent seminars that were organized by OTT staff.
Looking at the calendar — this schedule coincides with graduation ceremonies, and might impact people’s ability to attend. I wonder if you would consider shifting the schedule? Just a thought… 

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYMONENDOKSDTNWYDDDDDDmed.