SOLVED! Heater keeps shutting off

SOLVED!

This subject must have been covered, but the search bar is not easy!

Went camping this past weekend and the heater worked for one day. After that, I could restart the thermostat, then heater would blow heat for less than a minute before shutting off. Had plenty of propane and it was plenty cold. I was near sea level too. Anyone know what's up and how to fix it?

Very easy once you know what and where the sail switch is. Mine was stuffed with dog fur (by-product of my Akita).

Dave & Terri Mazone

2022 LII Hull #1019

TV: 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD diesel, Crew Cab (4WD)

Dave,

Are you sure it produced heat?  If the blower shuts off 20 secs after startup with no heat it's most likely the sail switch.  If the igniter lights and you feel heat and then shuts off, it's another problem.  That's my experience.  The sail switch, if that's the problem, is fairly simple to remove from outside the trailer and see if it's gummed up with lint, etc.  Oliver service was very helpful with instructions.  Best of luck :)

John

• Like 1

Oliver II #996 "Bessie", 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

https://wenandjohnsadventure.com/

• The title was changed to SOLVED! Heater keeps shutting off

Hi, me again. Maybe it's not solved. Worked once, stalled again. Opened it up and cleaned it again, but saw no debris. It worked again...once. It would intermittantly work if I reset the thermostat, but continues to fail. Any ideas on what to do with this problem?

Dave & Terri Mazone

2022 LII Hull #1019

TV: 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD diesel, Crew Cab (4WD)

1 hour ago, Mainiac said:

Shut off both propane tanks. Wait a few seconds. Then SLOWLY turn a tank on. Sometimes(?), turning on tank to quickly will jam the regulator. 

This has happened to me with propane tanks not in my trailer.  Easy to try and see if it works.

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg