Springtime in Florida... and the Easter Parade

SeaDawg

• Moderators

For all of our Oliver friends who like to camp, I think there should be plenty of spaces in Florida for awhile.

We drove up I-95 Monday in an Easter Parade of motorhomes, fifth-wheels and travel trailers with out-of-state, and Canadian plates. First prize for most (and largest) floats in the parade goes to Quebec. 2nd prize to New York, with runner up Ontario. From there, the population spanned out everywhere from New Jersey to California, with one lonely Alaska plate in the segment we drove.

In the entire trip, we saw one lonely Casita among the sunblockers.

I'm guessing that now we're back home in Florida, traffic will be a little lighter without our winter guests.... and some camping spaces should be available for awhile. Our weather is beautiful, but then again, it's an early spring around most of the country

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Well, my guess is accurate. The two-hour wait for a table has become a ten minute wait. If you haven't been here this winter, it's a great time to visit Florida. Nights are cool, days are warm, and the highways are less crowded, outside rush hour, of course...

Sher

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.