NC Camping

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Our summer travels have been limited by circumstances (read life) the last two summers. The furthest north we've been driving is North Carolina, a number of times. The trees, breeze, cool temps and shade have made the (relatively) short trips worthwhile . Ten degrees in temp and humidity make a world of difference in attitude/latitude.

Hope all of you have had a great summer. Where are you?

Sherry

PS I miss Canadian summers.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I can hardly wait to head out of Florida to pick up my, new to me, Oliver in Utah. I will be headed up to Glacier for a week or so, down to Yellowstone and the Tetons, then maybe to Moab and the San Juans in western Colorado for some fall colors. On the way home I will spend some time in the Smokeys and then head up to northern W Va for some more fall colors. Eventually, I will have to head back down to SW Florida but by then it should have cooled off significantly. By the time I arrive home the Oliver will have had a serious shake down cruise, as it has less than 5,000 miles and has been used for only 32 days during its first 4 years. I will come close to doubling that mileage and use on my first trip.

These last three weeks have been like a whirlwind. After arriving home from a 5 week adventure out west in my AS Bambi 16, I sold the AS and managed to buy an Oliver. Now I will leave in a week to pick up the Oliver and spend another month out west. Retirement is GREAT! I don't know how I ever had time for a job.

• Moderators

SteveP,

Paul and I often wonder how we had time to work... as you said. Retirement is wonderful.

That said, welcome to the Oliver Forum, as well as the Every Day is Saturday Club... :D

We wish you a wonderful trip out and back with the new Oliver.

Sherry and Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.