Interiors

amerhansen

My wife would like to see a couple of captain's chairs and a dining table that did not have to become part of the bed. As there are just two of us, we would not need the extra space afforded by a drop-down dinette that becomes an integral part of the bed.

We may not use the trailer in very cold weather; but I personally appreciate the insulation in the space between the inner and outer shells.

My wife would like to see a little more wood-grain instead of white fiberglass surfaces; but from my standpoint, the fiberglass would be easier to keep clean. Vinyl floors are fine with me; but she might like to have some carpet under her (usually bare) feet.

Where can we go to see an Oliver near Torrance, California?

Best regards,

Amer Hansen

Amercorp@dslextreme.com

• Moderators

Hello, Amer, and welcome to the forum.

I looked on the olivertraveltrailers.com calendar.... Oliver is showing at the Pomona RV show in California this week, thru the 6th. I think that is very close to you.

I understand that there are more interior options available now than when we ordered our Oliver, and the representatives will be there to explain them all. I'm sure a carpet kit was an option when we ordered, but I didn't want one. Instead, I use a nice runner and two small throw rugs that I can easily remove and launder. I love the fiberglass interior both for appearance and easy cleanup.

Sliders on the cupboards are available in a number of colors, and I think some more table top options are available. I have not seen the twin bed Oliver yet, so I can't comment on it. In our Legacy Elite, we leave the rear dinette set up as a bed most of the time. The side "dinette" is comprised of two seats & a small table that can be made into a narrow twin bed if needed.

Hope this helps. We enjoy our Oliver very much.

Regards,

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi Amer, welcome,

By all means if you can, check out the Pomona show. One thing about the side dinette is that the back cushions can be arranged so that you can face two ways, essentially turning as in a chair.

The cushions are very thick and comfortable. Plus a lot can be said for the clean-up factor. Further, seeing one "in the flesh", may alter her perception about a wood-grained interior.

I have learned that the sliding cupboard doors can be in different colors as well as mirrored and the color of the table tops can be changed. In short it is very impressive, and the Oliver family is open to new ideas.

:)