No Drilling Required

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Well, that's actually the name of the company, I guess. This nifty line of bathroom accessories and safety/grab bars requires no holes drilled in the pristine fiberglass of your Oliver, according to their videos. And, they're removable... not as easily as Command hooks or suction cups, but removable.

I saw these on HGTV or Diy network a year or so ago, but, hadn't run across them on a website. Here's a link, in case you'd like to see them. Even if you're not interested in towel bars at the moment, the video is rather entertaining. http://www.fixtureuniverse.com/hooks/no-drilling-required-hu241-chr-robe-hook-chrome_6906066.html

Anyone else ever tried them?

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

I've been checking out the expanded line of these "no drilling required" products on their website, home depot and atg stores. A number of my suction cup hooks have finally given out, and I'm not finding many command hooks in chrome anymore. Two of the robe hooks might be a good solution for the heavy coats that always hang just inside the door, and in the shower to dry. Even after six years, I'm still not loving the idea of drilling into the fiberglass for a mere hook.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Good report Sherry !

ScubaRx modified a suction cup hook to work as the coolest bathroom door "holder opener" . For those that have their cat's litterbox by the commode, that is a nifty thing. Hey Steve, got any pix left ?

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)