Microwave/Convection Ovens

dougi

I think many of us got these ovens in our trailers because they were supplied by Oliver in the Elites. Untill recently, I got very little use from our oven, which is a Sylvania SC-11100. I really didn't know how to use my oven, nor did I realize its capabilities. Fortunately, I have my Owners Manual, which is essential to learning how to operate the oven.

I was referred to a web site about using these ovens in our RV's and our homes. It is: http://www.microwaveconnect.com. I recommend going to this site and reading it thoroughly. I have purchased the necessary things to use my oven. I have started cooking in the oven and I'm very impressed at what it can do. These ovens have the capability of cooking with a combination of microwave AND convection at the same time. This allows us to cook things, like a roast, in almost half the time it takes in a conventional oven, and it is more flavorful to boot, and don't think it can't brown your foods because it can, just as good, or better, than a conventional oven.

So, if you have one of these ovens in your Oliver but are not using it much, or at all, I suggest you investigate what it can do for you and how you can tap into that benefit. The only negative is that in order to use the oven you have to have 115V AC current, from shore power or a generator.

Happy cooking.

Thanks for the website. I have cooked a few items in my Sylvania and I love it and look forward to trying a few new recipes now. Ours didn't come with a Owners Manual but I finally was able to print a copy off from the internet. Without that I was totally at a loss.

Happy cooking.

Pam

• Moderators

Very cool ! Theere was some chatter in the past about heat buildup in the cabinet. Have you guys experienced any of that ?

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)