Observing and Thinking

snowgypsy

We have owned 8 RVs, different classes, and currently own a Coachman pop-up. We are looking at all of the fiberglass trailers but it is like comparing apples to oranges at this point since the variations in construction and cost are so great. So, I'm checking on the websites, Facebook and forums as we try to sort this out. We will both be 60 years old this year so this will most likely be our last RV purchase. Issues for us are that my husband is 6'2" and we have a son, 27 years old with DS, that will travel with us not to mention, pets! Makes it much more of a challenge to find something that will work. We are in KS and if we had one right now with the current temps, I wouldn't be sitting here at the computer. The Oliver is extremely nice and I do hope that despite whatever decision we ultimately make, that the company thrives. It would be nice to see "quality" rise to the top again in the US.

• Moderators

Welcome ! Great introduction ! Six footers are often amazed to find plenty of room in the Legacy II. Maybe you can flee the cold and give the new Legacy II a walk through in Quartzsite .

harm & bett

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderator+

The inside height of the new Oliver 22 footers is 78 inches. We had one of the first generation 17 footers and are getting one of the new twin bed models. The beds are 76 inches long. How tall is your son? You can make the side dinette down into a bed for either you or your son. That way everyone would have their own bed. Our pets have always slept either with us or on the floor (depending on their size). I know you and yours would find this a VERY comfortable unit.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Both myself and our son are 5'4", average weight. I keep hearing that you shrink when you get older but, no luck with my husband shrinking yet! And, some day Quartzite. Lived in the Tucson area for 6 years in the 90's and loved the desert, but not so much in the summer. Ah, wouldn't it be nice to follow the sun! :)

• 2 weeks later...