Decalcifying TrumaGo

0107231154_HDR.thumb.jpg.ff5a8fdf6e3044c73a0ac83d5eafa902.jpg,Greetings.

I am doing my first annual service on the Truma Go and discovered the tablets won't go in the filter, because we have the heating element in it. I don't know if it comes apart (I don't want to damage it trying). Does it come apart? Do I need to buy a back-up without the heating element to perform this maintenance?

Dave & Terri Mazone

2022 LII Hull #1019

TV: 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD diesel, Crew Cab (4WD)

Oliver should have also provided you with the original filter they remove when the Antifreeze kit was installed. It's in the kit installation instructions to retain the original filter for use when decalcifying the unit. 

• Like 2

• Moderator+
24 minutes ago, bhncb said:

Maybe someone else that purchased this option will comment on where the filter was located.  Definitely open a service ticket.

I do not own the truma so I know only a little bit about them. It is my understanding that if the filter is removed it should be stored inside the compartment to the far right between the unit and the wall. That would be where I would expect them to put it after the exchange. Sometimes my expectations are greater than reality.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderator+
34 minutes ago, Frank C said:

Isn’t that the original filter tucked in there on the right in your picture?

A4AA43EA-C4F2-47A5-8BF9-234830648CFA.jpeg

If that’s it, from here on Frank shall be known as Ole Eagle Eyes. 

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

15 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Thanks Steve 🙂.   But it’s a pretty easy part to identify for us long term Truma owners.  That’s the outer end of the original filter showing on the right tucked inside the Truma in Dave’s original photo that I added the red arrow to.  And here’s a photo below that shows what that end of the filter looks like when it’s not hiding inside the Truma. 

199388BE-B7C2-48BE-8EEC-C504721FFD97.jpeg

84D23538-7F95-449D-827F-A79E1BC00815.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

I do not own the truma so I know only a little bit about them. It is my understanding that if the filter is removed it should be stored inside the compartment to the far right between the unit and the wall. That would be where I would expect them to put it after the exchange. Sometimes my expectations are greater than reality.

I keep mine protected in the box the antifreeze kit came in. This gets stored in whichever compartment I think I might remember when it's needed.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, bhncb said:

Oliver should have also provided you with the original filter they remove when the Antifreeze kit was installed. It's in the kit installation instructions to retain the original filter for use when decalcifying the unit. 

That is correct.  You use the original filter to put the tablets in.  I have both the original and the electric antifreeze cartridge (filters).

John

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

4 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

You're right, about where it's stored.

John

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

17 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

It hat is true, there is a space/ holder for it. Unfortunately, mine is empty. "Expectations are greater than reality", there must me a medical diagnosis for this...I have it too. (No reflection on Oliver, they've been great about everything.)

Dave & Terri Mazone

2022 LII Hull #1019

48 minutes ago, Dave Mazone said:

It hat is true, there is a space/ holder for it. Unfortunately, mine is empty. "Expectations are greater than reality", there must me a medical diagnosis for this...I have it too. (No reflection on Oliver, they've been great about everything.)

Are you sure it’s not there?  It certainly appears to be tucked in there in your photo.  The first photo below is your photo with the original filter there (the arrow pointing to it) and the second is my Truma with that area circled.  

11A9086B-10C0-4F65-BACD-2644FE3318D3.jpeg

688B7E4A-3C35-4008-8D97-4E88A7A7860B.jpeg

• Like 2

Well... isn't that a surprise!   I understood that I needed the original part to do the decalcification process as well.   I have looked everywhere for that part and thought that I either never received it... or put somewhere that I wouldn't forget??   I was about to just order a replacement part so that would have it when the time came. (I have the tablets).

I can't wait to get the cover off and see if mine has been hiding in plain sight all this time as well!   🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

7 minutes ago, Dave and Kimberly said:

Well... isn't that a surprise!   I understood that I needed the original part to do the decalcification process as well.   I have looked everywhere for that part and thought that I either never received it... or put somewhere that I wouldn't forget??   I was about to just order a replacement part so that would have it when the time came. (I have the tablets).

I can't wait to get the cover off and see if mine has been hiding in plain sight all this time as well!   🙂

I picked up on November 7 and had ordered the electric antifreeze option.  They asked me if I planned to winterize before leaving Tennessee, but I chose to wait.  They hooked up the antifreeze cartridge and put the original cartridge in the lower right corner.  When I did winterize I removed the electric one.  Too bad there's not two places to store the cartridges in the water heater.  One is in the lower right, and the other is in the trailer in a drawer.

John

• Like 1

spacer.png

• Moderators
1 hour ago, John Welte said:

One is in the lower right, and the other is in the trailer in a drawer.

Now all you have to do is remember "which" lower right and "which" drawer"!😁

• Haha 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

31 minutes ago, RustyMD said:

My original cartridge is in the top right drawer beneath the kitchen counter along with a bunch of remotes.

That's a great spot for remotes and the cartridge.

John

• Like 1

spacer.png

Thanks everyone, especially Frank C. That sure looks like the tail end of the filter and now you have me seriously doubting myself. I'll give it another look. Unfortunately I just returned it to storage...so maybe next weekend. Thanks again.

• Like 2

Dave & Terri Mazone

2022 LII Hull #1019

• Moderator+
28 minutes ago, Dave Mazone said:

Thanks everyone, especially Frank C. That sure looks like the tail end of the filter and now you have me seriously doubting myself. I'll give it another look. Unfortunately I just returned it to storage...so maybe next weekend. Thanks again.

Isn't this forum great? Everybody 1000 miles away helping you look! I do hope it's there when you look. There's hardly a greater feeling than finding something

• Like 8

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ScubaRx said:

Isn't this forum great?

Well, considering how many Oliver owners there are now and the varied expertise of those owners I’d say YES!  As we sit here in the Arizona desert I keep learning things from owners everywhere.  I’ve had several issues solved by fellow owners through this forum.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderator+
23 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

As we sit here in the Arizona desert ...

Now don't soak all the good stuff before we get there. We plan to leave Tuesday for "The West." Probably take a week or so getting there. We'll be meeting another owner in New Mexico who's never been to Q. Hope to see you soon.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Now all you have to do is remember "which" lower right and "which" drawer"!

That is why, when I winterized our Elite II, I placed the "regular" Truma filter screen in the lower right side of the AquaGo, and our Truma Antifreeze filter in the galley sink.   The one in the sink serves as a reminder that the water system is winterized.  And, I don't have to remember where I put it!

When dewinterizing next spring, the Antifreeze kit will go back in the AquaGo.

• Thanks 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

On 1/7/2023 at 2:42 PM, ScubaRx said:

OMG!!!  I've been looking down the butt of this thing, thinking it was a holder for the spare filter! I'm not a moron, because I know how stupid this was! Now I have grave reservations about doing any of my own maintenance - lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave & Terri Mazone

2022 LII Hull #1019