Jogoswall fire extinguisher?

Interesting concept. https://a.co/d/dL5v7jJ I'm thinking inside the propane refrigerator enclosure since many RV fires start with the adsorption fridge. Supposed to trigger at 338 degrees F. Watched a video where a guy used one to put out a fire in a fire pit (which actually shouldn't have worked because it wasn't an enclosed space).  

• Like 3

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

11 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Interesting concept. https://a.co/d/dL5v7jJ I'm thinking inside the propane refrigerator enclosure since many RV fires start with the adsorption fridge.

Are you thinking of putting it inside the refrigerator itself, or on the back of the fridge (maybe accessed from one of the removable panels on the curb side?)

I like the idea, but I'm not sure where I would adhere the unit.

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

It would have to go outside, in the upper access area -  the burner area is where fires normally start. So it would perhaps need to be above the direct chimney heat. I actually like the concept, I was wondering when the Chinese would give us cheaper versions of this patented unit:

C49AA5C2-1F56-4D0D-BFEF-CE3DC75AD2E6.thumb.jpeg.2517e306f39126325857edd74c2c32b8.jpeg

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4291-how-to-element-fire-extinguisher-install/

Those are great, I bought three already and would buy extras if the price weren’t so very high. I will wait for some actual test reviews of the Jogoswal units before getting any. The price will be way cheaper after the other manufacturers start copying the design. If there is even a functional Chinese manufacturing sector in a year…. ;).

Also, I don’t see any info about water resistance, I wash my engine compartments at least annually, and a fridge bay is certainly a “wet” location. if it gets damp on your car, the engine heat will dry it quickly. Not so in the fridge.

Did anyone notice this:

The small fire extinguisher is very suitable for ladies,can be used as car accessories for women ,or girly car decor accessories.”

FYI Fridge Defend is RV SPECIFIC and adds a thermo sensor directly to the burner can, where a fire originates. Plus it is made in Montana and they will actually answer your email….

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I was thinking of attaching it to the outer fiberglass shell, inside the fridge enclosure. According to the Q&As, "The outer layer of the agent in the fire extinguisher is wrapped with waterproof silica gel, which will not be affected by wet weather." 

My biggest question is airflow. These are designed to work in semi-enclosed spaces. The fridge's fan moves some air when it's running. I'm wondering if the fan would clear out the fire extinguishing agent before it could be effective. For that reason I'd probably mount it mid-compartment or lower in the hope that the agent would reach the fire before being exhausted by the fan.

I also hope it's not too "girly" for my trailer. 🤣

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg