Oliver Reward Program

Katjo

• Moderator+
17 minutes ago, Katjo said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the new reward program? 

There’s nothing like getting paid for something that you’d likely do for nothing. 

• Like 8

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

50 minutes ago, Katjo said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the new reward program? 

Cumbersome. Written by lawyers. Doesn't appear user friendly? They will charge for the use of the card? I showed 8 times one year, and sold 6. Other 2_bought used, so this program would have helped me. Haven't been asked to show since. Maybe me and my unit are getting too old?

It does look like the Rewards Program is going to drive a Branded Store. Maybe that will be a positive.

• Like 3

@Mainiac Ha! I had the same thought, written by a lawyer! 

I personally don’t want another credit card especially one with a yearly fee. I think they should have a reward program that doesn’t require having their credit cards or an annual  fee. 
Also I wonder how will they choose fairly who to ask to show their camper if there are a few in the same area? Rotation? 
It seems if I’m reading it right at this time the only way to earn rewards is showing your camper and getting a sale. 
So why does it have to be a credit card? I didn’t see where you get points for dollars spent like most credit card reward points have. Perhaps that’s coming later?🤷🏻‍♀️

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

Like most here, I would be happy to show our trailer for free.  I have been asked by Oliver if I would participate in showing to two potential buyers.  In both cases I spoke with the buyers to set up a date and time which works for all involved.  In both cases I arranged to be home and available at the appointed time and in both cases the buyers did not show nor did they have the courtesy to let me know their plans had changed.

Money was not the motivation for my willingness to show our Oliver, rather a desire to pay forward the kindness of other Oliver owners who were took the time to answer our questions when we began to explore the purchase of our Oliver.  I hope our experience has been the exception to the rule.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 7

If you show your unit, and no sale, you still get a reward. Harvest Hosts and a piece of clothing at different levels seems ok, not sure of any downside there. Copper bronze and up...who cares? Want me to brag up my camper to somebody, be happy too. Want to give me a tee shirt for doing so? Thank you. Got rewards I think you call them and they sent you a check in 30 days if you want it. Just more passwords to remember? My guess this is an attempt to have a computer program administer  the program, minimize staff time involvement, and generate customer involvement?

I would guess is your unit might be picked on how it is equipped. Maybe by who got the referal at the sales office? I was told by someone at the sales office once some times that is how it it happens.."it's cyclical".

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jim and Chris Neuman said:

Like most here, I would be happy to show our trailer for free.  I have been asked by Oliver if I would participate in showing to two potential buyers.  In both cases I spoke with the buyers to set up a date and time which works for all involved.  In both cases I arranged to be home and available at the appointed time and in both cases the buyers did not show nor did they have the courtesy to let me know their plans had changed.

Money was not the motivation for my willingness to show our Oliver, rather a desire to pay forward the kindness of other Oliver owners who were took the time to answer our questions when we began to explore the purchase of our Oliver.  I hope our experience has been the exception to the rule.

Exactly

• Like 3

Does your liability exposure go up if someone gets hurt while looking at your trailer as part of a manufacturer-sponsored program like this vs. if you were just inviting them to take a look to be neighborly? Seems like they'd be more likely to sue if their lawyer found out you were being compensated. Or doesn't it make a difference?

• Like 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

Take a look at this old thread and comment afterwards.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/3145-owner-personal-liability-if-prospective-buyer-injures-himself/

This new program sure looks like an official business arrangement, with “sales employees” who get financially reimbursed for advertising work that benefits the company….. I did not read the fine details, does Oliver TT say anything about this issue?

FYI, while I stopped officially showing “Mouse” due to liability concerns. I still do frequent walk around tours. The last was in October ‘22 to a milling and excited crowd of about 25 retired women who meet at campgrounds to do stuff together like biking or golfing. Three of them physically blocked the road as I was trying to exit in the morning. That was a hoot, I thought I might get kissed at one point. Didn’t happen, darn it.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

As the years have passed we show our trailer less and less.  Not a problem, I’m sure it’s due to the age of our trailer and the big increase of Oliver owners in our geographical area.  None of the appliances in our trailer are the same as what is being produced now so I don’t blame Oliver asking one of the newer owners to show instead of us.  We still entertain the spontaneous campground questions while we are on the road but the official showing while at home has decreased significantly.  Mike

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

So what are the activities that can be accomplished, other than a showing? Is there a way to see those without committing to join? 

• Like 1

Jeff Simone and Katie Thibodeau

2021 Oliver Elite II Hull # 802

Tow Vehicle; 2018 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 6.0 Liter Vortec

13 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

Just seems like a hassle somehow?

Yeah. I mean it's not, really. Right? But it just feels kinda "corporate" and a bit  Tupperware Party-ish to me. I can't quantify it, but it feels less small-town "Oliver Family" than the old system somehow. Will the Platinum Ollie owners form their own clique and not let the Bronze owners sit at their table at the rally? 😮 I'm being facetious, of course. Practically speaking, it seems like a well thought out concept (liability concerns aside), but it just doesn't feel warm and fuzzy to me somehow. Seems like something Grand Design would do with their YouTube influencers.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

50 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Does your liability exposure go up if someone gets hurt while looking at your trailer as part of a manufacturer-sponsored program like this vs. if you were just inviting them to take a look to be neighborly

YES!  Taking any kind of compensation puts you in a different legal class when torts are committed or occur.  In non legal terms, an amateur (One not paid or compensated) is far less likely to be behind an 8-ball than a professional (One that got paid for the effort that went wrong).  Just about anything of value can be considered compensation.  Points, free stay, a turkey at Christmas......  Fankly I would not ever take anything from anybody involved with showing or selling OTTs.  Just opens up a can of worms.    

• Like 3

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

As the years have passed we show our trailer less and less.  Not a problem, I’m sure it’s due to the age of our trailer and the big increase of Oliver owners in our geographical area.  None of the appliances in our trailer are the same as what is being produced now so I don’t blame Oliver asking one of the newer owners to show instead of us.  We still entertain the spontaneous campground questions while we are on the road but the official showing while at home has decreased significantly. 

24 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

I signed up. Now they issued me a long ID#. And a password? May have to bow out? Just seems like a hassle somehow?

As well as having to file a 1099 over $600. This is the most cumbersome reward program I’ve ever seen! 

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

3 hours ago, StillGame said:

So what are the activities that can be accomplished, other than a showing? Is there a way to see those without committing to join? 

I wondered that myself! Good question. 

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

My first impression was $20/year for a credit card that I don't want! No thanks.  Lots of legal mumbo jumbo that I didn't want to wade through.  Not too excited about this program.  Maybe if a lot of us opt out of the program, they will come up with one that's a bit more user friendly.  Sort of like going on strike.  The company needs willing owners to show their trailers.  I have no issue with showing our trailer, but at first glance of this program, I don't feel inclined to do it in this fashion.  If someone stops by at a campground I can answer questions or show them.  I made sure that the two people that showed their trailers to us got credit when we picked up our trailer.  Hopefully they were compensated.   My basic feeling...not thrilled about it.

John

• Like 5

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Felt too cumbersome to me.  Last thing I want is another credit card and login to keep track off.   There was a thread on FB where feedback was also lukewarm but it was quickly deleted as it seems any criticism of Oliver is not allowed there anymore.   

Like others not something I’m interested in doing. I’ll answer questions from curious folks while camping but not show through Oliver.  With all the new trailers coming out plenty of folks to show trailers.  

• Like 3

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

2 hours ago, TexasGuy said:

Felt too cumbersome to me.  Last thing I want is another credit card and login to keep track off.   There was a thread on FB where feedback was also lukewarm but it was quickly deleted as it seems any criticism of Oliver is not allowed there anymore.   

Like others not something I’m interested in doing. I’ll answer questions from curious folks while camping but not show through Oliver.  With all the new trailers coming out plenty of folks to show trailers.  

“There was a thread on FB wherefeedback was also lukewarm but it was quickly deleted as it seems any criticism of Oliver is not allowed there anymore”.   

TexasGuy, I agree with your observation. 

I have noticed the same with regard to the admin overreach on the Facebook Oliver page. Deleting posts or content because “admin” does not particularly like or agree with the content or a reply by members meh…not so much. Silencing, muzzling, or deleting posts is not a way to facilitate good discussion or honest feedback by owners. The FB Oliver admin would do well to really just lighten up just a bit. Hopefully they will do better and not remain heavy handed. I also think the administrators should be rotated out often. 

As for the rewards program and card, we have little interest at best. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 6

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Well, we show our Ollie frequently to just about anybody who asks to see it - we're proud of our choice of a well-made TT.  That being said, we're not interested in Oliver's new rewards program.  I hope it works for them, but it looks like some slick salesman just "sold" them a "turn-key" marketing program.  Disappointing.   JMO

Charlie.  

• Like 4

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

I would be happy to show our Oliver to interested people. I am not worried about liability issues. However, I am not going to get another credit card. 

Kirk

• Like 3

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

We will not be signing up.

The $20 annual "debit" against rewards, and the indemnification language in the Terms and Conditions are more than sufficient to persuade us to "Just Say No."

The Indemnification paragraph reads:

"9. Indemnification

You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Oliver, its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, licensors, officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless for any loss, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any third-party claim, action, or demand resulting from your participation in the Rewards Program in violation of any law, rule, regulation or these Terms."

This means that if someone gets hurt when you are showing your Oliver and includes Oliver as a defendant in an ensuing personal injury suit along with you, you get to pay not only your defense costs, but Oliver's defense costs, and to pay any resulting judgment not only against you, but against Oliver.

No rewards program provides sufficient incentive for us to assume this kind of financial exposure.

We left Hohenwald with high regard for Oliver's Sales and Service team.  Reviewing the Terms and Conditions of the new rewards program has diminished, not enhanced, our view of Oliver Travel Trailers as a company.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 9

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Administrators

Here are some bullet points about the new Oliver Rewards Program. Hopefully it will help explain some of the questions.

1. The new Rewards Program replaces the old Field Visit Program.
  2. Instead of getting a check mailed to you if a prospect purchases after completing a field visit, you get paid on an Oliver Rewards Mastercard Debit Card. This is not a credit card. There is no line of credit like a credit card has. There isn't a credit pull or anything. It is just a branded re-loadable gift card that we load money onto when you complete activities. You can setup a PIN to get cash out of a ATM as well.
  3. You also will get paid for just showing your travel trailer, regardless if the prospect purchases or not. We know the hours it takes to clean your trailer, to spend time with the prospects, and Oliver wants to reward you for that, which we didn't previously do.
  4. If the prospect does purchase a new Oliver, you get even more Reward Dollars after the sale is finalized - the amount depends on your tier. In this new program, you will get this reward when their order is finalized rather than waiting for checks to be mailed after delivery. As of right now, we consider the order as finalized 90 days before the production start date. So you will get this a little quicker than before.
  5. And those that want to be ambitious to get to higher tiers, they can make more Reward Dollars for the individual activities that are completed.
  6. Also, look at the Tier Perks. Those are gifts (non-taxable) you get for being a member of each tier. These are just a way of us saying thanks for you taking part in the program.
  7. The $20 service fee is new to this program. It is really a deduction of the first Reward for the year. If you don’t complete any activities for the year, you will not have to pay this fee. It is called a Service Fee but it is not an out-of-pocket expense.
  8. We will be adding more activities that people can do in the future.
  9. You will be required to submit details of completed activities on the Oliver website. This helps us make sure we are rewarding everyone properly. Now that we have over 1300 Oliver owners, we need our checks and balances to reward everyone that deserves to get them. It is a lot to keep up with and a lot more work on our part.
  10. As far as the 1099 goes, we are required by the IRS to 1099 anyone that earns $600 or more. This is not new. We had to 1099 owners in our previous Field Visit Program when individuals made $600 or more in a year. If you don't want to be 1099'd, you can still complete activities and earn less than $600 and stop doing activities once you reach the threshold.
  11. We apologize that the Terms & Condition are so much, but as a company we had to do our due diligence to protect all parties involved. With this, we have made changes how we setup field visits. For all prospects that contact us to see an owner's trailer, we now require the prospect to sign a Hold Harmless agreement that protects the owner when conducting a field visit. We have this signed by the prospect before setting up the field visit. This did not exist under the old program.

We know many of you have helped us by showing your trailer in the past and didn't do it for the money, but we wanted to build a great program to reward everyone for their time and efforts to grow our brand. We are very thankful for everyone that has helped us over the years! Obviously the launch of this program is new. We will monitor and revise it as we gather feedback and where opportunities exist to make it better.

If anyone has questions, please don't hesitate to message me.

• Thanks 4
  • Like 7

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, snakeriveridaho said:

I would be happy to show our Oliver to interested people. I am not worried about liability issues. However, I am not going to get another credit card. 

Kirk

It's not a credit card. It is a re-loadable debit card. There is not a credit check or anything required to get the card other than just completing an activity. When you get the card and activate it, you can setup a PIN to get cash out of ATMs also.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers