2014 Legacy II GVWR, hitch weight, ect.

mountainborn

• Moderators

Now, I'm not an Engineer, bur simply deal in "real world" values. That means my search for information begins at the weight certification sticker on the front of the unit it's self. Here is a look.

The next stop in my calculations is at the closet sticker. Here is a look at it.

Based on these givens, I arrive at the following.

Trailer Weights

GVWR= 7,000 lb.

Dry Weight= 4,600 lbs.

Tongue Weights= 420 lbs.

Water and Propane= 320 lbs.

This gave me a rating of 2,500 lbs. of weight that might possibly be added by the owner. If we want a 10% safety margin, we subtract that from the possible weight, leaving us with 1320 pounds of groceries, clothing and bedding.

Now, that's a lot of "stuff" ! And the cool thing is that we still have a comfortable 10% margin !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Larry, did the dry weight measurement include the younger weight plus the weight on the axles? (the pics were too blurry to read well)

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg