Traveling Oregon with Your Travel Trailer

JWalmsley

• Administrators

Share and Enjoy !

Shares

Oliver travel trailers are some of the best in the business. They're well-built, stylish, and comfortable, and they're perfect for camping in Oregon. There are lots of great places to camp in Oregon, and a travel trailer is a great way to experience all that the state has to offer.

Oregon is a state full of natural beauty, and there are plenty of great places to camp if you want to experience it for yourself. There are lots of things you can do in the state, from camping right on the beach to exploring epic mountains and forests. This is especially true when traveling with a travel trailer. Here is how to make the most of your Oregon camping trip in a travel trailer.

Why travel trailers are the best way to camp in Oregon

There are lots of great reasons to camp with a travel trailer through Oregon. Travel trailers are comfortable and convenient, and they allow you to explore all that Oregon has to offer. Here are some of the best reasons to camp in a travel trailer in Oregon:

-Travel trailers are comfortable. You'll have plenty of space to relax, and you won't have to worry about pitching a tent or sleeping on the ground.

-Travel trailers are convenient. You can bring your camping gear, and you won't have to worry about lugging it around.

-Travel trailers allow you to explore Oregon. There are many great places to camp in Oregon, and a travel trailer is a great way to experience just about every part of the state, from Cannon beach to  Crater Lake.

The top 3 places to camp in Oregon in a travel trailer

1. Cannon Beach:

Cannon Beach is a beautiful Oregon beach that's perfect for camping. The campsites here are well-maintained and offer stunning views of the ocean. There's also plenty to do in the area, from hiking and biking to exploring the local shops and restaurants. With the famous Haystack Rock offshore, Cannon Beach is a must-visit for any Oregon camper. The beach is on the doorstep, and there are plenty of great hiking trails nearby.

The campsites here are well-equipped and perfect for travelers with a travel trailer. If you're looking for a place to camp in Oregon that has it all, then Cannon Beach should be at the top of your list. It's got a beautiful setting, great facilities, and plenty of things to do nearby. Whether you're an experienced camper or just getting started, you'll find everything you need here to have a great trip.

pexels-arthouse-studio-4312099-1024x768.

2. Crater Lake:

Crater Lake is a must-see when camping in Oregon. The lake is stunning, and there are plenty of great hikes. The campsites here are well-kept and offer breathtaking views. There is Crater Lake RV park as well as BLM land and other areas to camp. This is a great spot for those who want to get away from it all and experience some of the most beautiful scenery in Oregon.  You can watch the sunrise at the edge of Crater Lake at Discovery Point for an unobstructed view of the new dawn.

You can also swim on the shores of Cleetwood Cove. July through September offers the warmest water temperature. It is a little steep and long hike, but well worth it. You can also go for an amazing scenic drive. Rim Drive, the loop overlooking Crater Lake’s edge, is one of America’s most scenic drives. Completing the whole thing will take about two to three hours if you stop at the various overlooks or just one hour for a simple drive-through.

pexels-andrea-p-coan-830965-1024x683.jpg

3. Mt. Hood:

Mt. Hood is one of the most popular camping destinations in Oregon, and for a good reason. The area offers stunning views of Mt. Hood and the surrounding area, and there are plenty of great hiking trails. The campsites here are well-maintained and offer great amenities. If you're looking for a place to camp that has it all, then Mt. Hood should be at the top of your list. With its beautiful setting, great facilities, and plenty of things to do nearby, it's the perfect spot for any Oregon camper.

Quoting Mt. Hood Territory's Website:
"Park options include Clackamette RV Park where you can camp right along the Willamette River, Clackamas River RV Park located at the North Fork reservoir of the Clackamas River, and Riverside RV Park along the Molalla River. The Mt. Hood RV Resort is known as a premier Northwest RV park. In addition to 300 RV sites, they also have cottages, cabins, yurts, and the Mt. Hood Tiny House Village. "

pexels-roberto-nickson-2609463-1024x683.

How to make the most of your Oregon camping trip in a travel trailer

There are lots of great things to do when camping in Oregon, and a travel trailer is a great way to experience all that the state has to offer. Here are some tips on how to make the most of your Oregon camping trip:

Oregon has a lot to offer, from being near Portland in a more populated state zone to being out in the wilderness near Mt. Hood to exploring Highway 1 and Cannon Beach.  There are many different types of camping depending on what you want to experience. If you want to be in the heart of downtown, then there are RV parks that will put you right in the city. However, if you want to escape the hustle and bustle, consider buying an Oliver travel trailer to camp at one of Oregon’s many state or national parks.

When planning your trip, research what kinds of activities each campground offers and its location. Some may have river access for fishing or kayaking, while others might be near great hiking trails. Make sure also to check what kind of amenities each campground offers. Most will have restrooms and showers, but some might also offer laundry facilities and a swimming pool.

Once you arrive at your campground, set up your Oliver travel trailer and explore your surroundings. Take a hike on nearby trails, go fishing or kayaking in the river, or relax and enjoy the views. Be sure also to check out the local shops and restaurants, as Oregon has some great food and shopping options.

With its beautiful scenery and many things to do, Oregon is a great place to camp in a travel trailer. By following these tips, you can make the most of your trip and create amazing memories in and around Oregon.

-Oliver Travel Trailers

Share and Enjoy !

Shares

The post Traveling Oregon with Your Travel Trailer appeared first on Oliver Travel Trailers.

Read the Full Article

• Like 4

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

Jason - Please do not mass post a bunch of cr@p “cut and paste” poorly written Internet travel drivel in what should be an Oliver technical tips forum.

The travel stuff are a waste of bandwidth and a complete waste of time, both to post and to read. Thank you. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

7 hours ago, John E Davies said:

Jason - Please do not mass post a bunch of cr@p “cut and paste” poorly written Internet travel drivel in what should be an Oliver technical tips forum.

The travel stuff are a waste of bandwidth and a complete waste of time, both to post and to read. Thank you. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

Your nasty toxic negative posts are really getting old. 

If you don’t like a particular post I would encourage you to just simply take a breath and keep right on scrolling. It’s pretty simple to do.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being decent, kind and respectful, as words really do matter.

Maybe just give it a try. 

-Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 2
  • Like 6

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Thanks Jason!  We have traveled through Oregon but never camped there.  I’ll have to keep the article handy for planning future camping adventures.

Mossey

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Jason,

Please keep posting those articles!
They are very much appreciated, informative, and helpful. 👍🏻👍🏻

Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 1/12/2023 at 9:02 AM, John E Davies said:

John Davies

Spokane WA

Poorly stated and should be toned down...but correct.

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 1242, 9/26/22

Lithium Platinum Power/Solar Package

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

F-150 GCWR of 16,900 lbs with maximum load trailer of 11,500 lbs.

I apologize if I offended anyone, including Jason, I could have phrased it much better.

But I truly believe what I posted about garbage content for the vast majority of travel articles... they are click bait and not worthy of this site.

https://matadornetwork.com/bnt/interview-tim-leffel-on-quality-travel-writing-in-the-internet-age/

Patriot, you can tone your comments down too. They are pretty harsh.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

6 hours ago, Gliddenwoods said:

Poorly stated and should be toned down...but correct.

I think that JD and Patriot both have valid points.  I also agree that both were a bit disrespectful and could have handled it better.

In the several months we have had a deluge of posts that frankly were not germane to the majority of owners.  These travel, administrative, and leisure postings to some owners are a distraction from the technical aspects needed by most owners.   Some of us actually resented them.  And more than one of us were madder than heck about the volume of them.  An analogy would be having to watch 30 minutes commercials in the middle of your favorite TV show.      

Personally I think it would be better for travel, administrative, and leisure postings (Examples:  what are you listening to, what are you reading, campsite cooking, etc.) to be separated from the technical postings.  Also that they not be sent out to 100% of the owners every time. Sort of like having notification settings on our cell phones.....Those that want them every time great.  Others could elect to not select them for forced consumption.

So, I do  believe they should have a place on the forum.  Just not in the same place as the Technical is.  From my very small corner here, I would love it if the admin and leisure topics were available and searchable as they can be real handy when we choose to find them.    

Is this reasonable to solution/request?

• Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators

Actually,  they are separated.  They're in Oliver blogs. 

I rather enjoyed the Oregon blog post, though I  skip most of the posts in the  blogs section, or just skim and find nothing of interest, so I  just move on....

We all have that capability. Just skip anything in blogs.

I do really, really enjoy reading posts from members about their favorite camping places and experiences,  though. We can all learn from each other. And be kind, doing so. Different subforum.

This is not a tech forum only. It's a place to share tech, but also camping experiences and sometimes,  just hang out and have some fun. It's actually good for our health when we can laugh together.

And I've learned a bunch here. Both in technical info, and places that I'd love to explore, but haven't  (yet), and had some goofy fun, too.

JED already apologized.  We've all been guilty of saying something we would rather have said another way, as print communication is far more difficult  than in person.

Could we give it a rest?

• Like 6

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.