32in Television

Wolfepack

I posted about my experience with upgrading to a 28" TV in the thread linked below. Take a look at the pictures and my description of the issues I encountered.

Your biggest concern is going to be the overall height dimension of the 32" you're considering. You'll. have to determine if the case will interfere  with the overhead cabinet when it's down in the viewing position., and whether there is enough clearance  between the window shade when it's folded up. My sense is that any 32" will be too big.  There is some adjustment of the mount but it trades one direction for the other. Relocating the mount any appreciable amount would be a major operation.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4188-television/#comment-41664

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Wolfepack said:

Hi Everybody!

Has anyone successfully installed a 32 in TV in place of the 24in standard?  If so, any issues?

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,

Pat

I was able to get a 34" installed in mine, but had to also install a track system for the mount to make it work.  Thought I responded here, but somehow I clicked on the link in bhncb's response and posted on that thread instead...

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4188-television/?do=findComment&comment=85831&_rid=6801

• Like 4

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

19 hours ago, bhncb said:

I posted about my experience with upgrading to a 28" TV in the thread linked below. Take a look at the pictures and my description of the issues I encountered.

Your biggest concern is going to be the overall height dimension of the 32" you're considering. You'll. have to determine if the case will interfere  with the overhead cabinet when it's down in the viewing position., and whether there is enough clearance  between the window shade when it's folded up. My sense is that any 32" will be too big.  There is some adjustment of the mount but it trades one direction for the other. Relocating the mount any appreciable amount would be a major operation.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4188-television/#comment-41664

Thanks bhncb and CRM for the replies!  I know I had seen your responses, but I am obviously no internet sleuth.  Those are some very good mods and definitely worth considering.  This will def help in my consideration for this mod.  Cheers!

• Like 3

Patrick and Danielle Wolfe / 2022 LE II Tail #22-1052 / 2023 GMC 2500HD SLT 6.6L Gas

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, 

I actually replaced mine the first week of ownership last month. I replaced with a Samsung QN32Q60AAFXZA 32 inch.  It just fits, you may need to tinker with the vesa mount screws a bit, I had to trim two screws from my collection of misc screws in my garage to get it to work, the screws from the Visio TV to the mount will not fit right. From there you will need an hdmi extension cable, I found one on Amazon that was 6inches and it did the trick. You will need to adjust the mount bracket slightly lower and then tighten the screw locks on the bar as the last step so that the tv will not hit the shade but clear the upper cabinet. Took about 45 mins to do just to get the right screw fit. 

50C40B65-E48D-4FA7-86CA-3067235ABE9A.jpeg

B51CFD42-CEEC-4A0F-B7E3-A837B9F31008.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I upgraded to a 32 inch. I installed a Sylvox 32" (made in china, but cant find one made in the US.) Its a smart TV with all the bells and whistles. its also a 1080 dpi, so its sharper then the original Vizio. It is also a 12 volt/DC so I don't need to run the inverter to watch tv. I needed a new adapter plate I purchased from Mount-it! (an MI-782), the same people that made the original mount. (an MI-4211). Just bolted the mounting plate to the old stand and then attached the TV to that. It swings up out of the way just fine, and is much nicer to watch then the old 24". I have a 2021 Elite II with the standard floor plan. Got any questions, Id be happy to help out.

Compare.jpg

Down.jpg

up.jpg

• Like 6

2021 Elite II, #703. Lithium solar package, composting, standard floor plan.

2017 F-150 extended cab, 4X4, V-8, Snug Top shell.

12 Volt! That's great. Where did you find it. I was already contemplating eventually replacing the original TV with a 12V, so bigger is even better. Thanks!

Nevermind, I found it: https://www.amazon.com/SYLVOX-Powered-Television-Integrated-Speaker/dp/B0BN2WV3TZ?th=1

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

I installed a 32 LG Smart TV and I wrapped the cords in a WHITE cover - like Oliver should have done 😉

Charlie.

• Like 4

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

I'm in the process of replacing the corner "pole" mount with the newer "flip-up" mount and moving it to a centered position.  We didn't like the "always down" positioning - it seemed to be in the way of whoever is using the starboard (street) side rack.  But we really like the flip-up feature of the newer mount since we don't watch much "tube" these days and can stow it away in the "UP" position.  I replaced the original TV unit because the integrated DVD was INOP.  The new tube is a smart TV with all the bells and whistles, but still a 24" diagonal viewing area.  I'm liking Charlie's (CnC's) idea of using a WHITE cord cover - I'll do the same.  I can send pix in a subsequent post - if anyone's interested.

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

I'm in the process of replacing the corner "pole" mount with the newer "flip-up" mount and moving it to a centered position.

I bought 25 white 2" hole plugs in 2019 when I relocated my TV.  And I have 23 left, so if you can use 1 or 10 let me know.

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

43 minutes ago, mossemi said:

I bought 25 white 2" hole plugs in 2019 when I relocated my TV.  And I have 23 left, so if you can use 1 or 10 let me know.

Mossey

LOL, those darn white 2” ones are really hard to find, I probably bought from that same Amazon vendor. I needed just one. So I have 24 left… they are grossly undersized for a 2” hole, I had to glue it in.

In case anyone wants the link 

2” hole plugs white, way too many but the only source

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Hey, Mossey:  I'll split the cost with you for the 2" hole plugs!  I'll only need one, at least, for now...  Thanks, brother!

spacer.png

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

OBTW:  Just curious - what are y'all using to plug the drill holes for the mount screws besides white latex caulk?

spacer.png

I prefer this brand of snap cap.

E87AE816-70DE-408C-8A49-66202A027961.thumb.jpeg.0b4095791fd981125df194c2c75a155f.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

OBTW:  Just curious - what are y'all using to plug the drill holes for the mount screws besides white latex caulk?

I don’t remember what size the mounting holes were, but I used some small round pads that I found at my local Ace Hardware store.  They aren’t plugs, more like the pads you find on the feet of a table top radio or a clock.  They aren’t rubber, maybe some space age material with a glue backing, but they are pretty thin and have stayed up almost 4 years.   Amazon has a large selection of plastic or nylon hole plugs if you can find the right size.

Mossey

• Like 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

2 hours ago, John E Davies said:

They don't kill rattlesnakes in Arizona!

Charlie

• Like 1

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

16 hours ago, John E Davies said:

E87AE816-70DE-408C-8A49-66202A027961.thumb.jpeg.0b4095791fd981125df194c2c75a155f.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

Concur 100% - these are the only "Snap Caps" I'm familiar with.  Got 'em all the popular sizes - very handy for keeping those perishable skills honed, ha!

• Like 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 4:09 PM, MAX Burner said:

whoever is using the starboard (street) side rack.

Correction - meant to say, "whoever is using the starboard (CURB) side rack."  My bad.

spacer.png

The "center mount" TV hardware arrived from Oliver (thanks to Ryder!) last week.  So, we removed the curbside/aft corner vertical TV mount on our rig a couple days ago.  We mounted the new hardware just aft of the LED light over the nightstand.  I've still got the power & HDMI cables routed through the original hole, but thanks to mossimi, I'll cut a new hole aft of the TV mount (less conspicuous) and use moss' 2" plug that he sent me to cover the original cable hole.  I was amazed how random the wiring was behind the bulkhead in the aft storage compartment.  Cleaned a lot of that up.  Also, the wiring set up had 2 massive (L, R, Video) cables from the TV through the original hole - one of which ran back to the Furrion controller - we removed them both, not needed.image.thumb.jpeg.8eaf014557c71b5b272638b1913a947b.jpeg

Quite a mess back there.

image.thumb.jpeg.cbbf7c875b5919f0e99be9e8395194e5.jpeg

We ordered a new 27" viewing size "Smart TV" to replace the original Furrion model (which the DVD player was INOP).  

image.thumb.jpeg.abe932ee4d4734ea6bbbf68c9caa0df1.jpeg

Tucked up nice and neatly.  I've got some white wire/cable loom ordered to replace the black mesh that Oliver uses.  I think the white loom will look more appealing than the black stuff... IMHO.  We've also ordered a 12VDC Furrion subwoofer which can connect to the Furrion AV/Radio Controller which should liven up the tunes a bit whilst sipping on a nice chilled margarita...

image.jpeg

• Like 4

spacer.png