Trailer equipment

Mainiac

Made a quick trip through the Tractor Supply in Lewiston, Maine. Was surprised to see a new 8' display of RV supplies. Will have to go back when have more time. Big new plastic wedges for the tires (means I can leave the heavy rubber ones home?)? Water hoses, dogbones, sewer connections and whatever. At least I will have to go back and make a mental note of what is there. I know TS are everywhere and if I need something like I might remember I can scoot in and get. Have to check prices too, as probably a lot better than some RV dealers, with better parking with a trailer on?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 8

34 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

Last time I was in our local TS I didn’t see any RV section.  I’ll be sure to check the next time I’m there.  Thanks for the heads up.  Mike

The local one I usually go into I don't recall an RV section either. It was a full and razor  straight display, so must be new? It was way back in the rear against the wall near the batteries. Seeing most major retailers have the same 'plan-0-grahms I wouldn't be surprised to see it in all soon? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Moderator+
2 hours ago, Mainiac said:

Made a quick trip through the Tractor Supply in Lewiston, Maine. Was surprised to see a new 8' display of RV supplies. Will have to go back when have more time. Big new plastic wedges for the tires (means I can leave the heavy rubber ones home?)? Water hoses, dogbones, sewer connections and whatever. At least I will have to go back and make a mental note of what is there. I know TS are everywhere and if I need something like I might remember I can scoot in and get. Have to check prices too, as probably a lot better than some RV dealers, with better parking with a trailer on?

Me likee

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Our local TSC stores are all being remodeled. It may take a while until this happens nation wide, but the new format and product displays are much improved and more practical. I even noticed they are carrying food freeze driers. These aren't your grandmother's dehydrators. These are high end and rather expensive but are great for preparing foods for camping. Freeze dried food takes up about 1/10 the space, do not require refrigeration and can be prepared pretty quickly. I was pleased to see they had expanded their product lines in our stores. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

Last year we got a couple of their folding rocking chairs. Another group we hang with all asked where they came from. Heard they sold out soon after, but they had some. Hopefully this year they have the battery operated heated ones. That should extend our shoulder season, for those of us that live above the Mason/Dixon Line...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey all, on the topic of travel trailer accessories and campsite equipment, a couple years back we were referred by a friend that we should try Strongback ergonomically correct folding camp chairs. I have had lower back problems my entire adult life and the typical "bag chair" that is sold for camping and outdoor activity is the worst thing in the world for me to sit in. After a weekend of using these old style chairs at the camp site I could barely make it to work on a Monday. 

The Strongback chairs were designed with exactly my problem in mind and have actually been on the market for several years. I don't think you will find another camp chair anything like it and it even comes with a 2 year warranty which is extraordinary. We bought two of these a couple years ago and they have been our go to folding chairs when out and about since, but they also get used continuously around the house because of the level of comfort they provide. They are roomy in size and built very sturdy. If you're like me and struggle to use the typical sling style folding chair, I highly recommend you give these a try. If you buy them through Amazon you can try them for a month risk free and if you don't like them just return them through your local Kohls store no questions asked. I promise you will be amazed as soon as you sit in one.

https://www.amazon.com/STRONGBACK-Folding-Camping-Portable-2-0/dp/B072PR6JNG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=339C62QRRDQVH&keywords=strongback%2Bchair&qid=1673659288&sprefix=strongba%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMEUwQlVaWTVHVENRJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDg1MDYzMlNUNzRIWkJITjhMQiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjE2NDIxMkY2OEVVM0NJTDVSVCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

image.jpeg.3886d255ff1f9a3f4d26a4899d83d8a7.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

We live in the land of "Team Ropers" with a dozen roping arenas nearby.  Many of these cowboys have expensive horse trailers with living quarters.   Our local TS had a small area dedicated to RVs - now they have expanded to meet the needs of those customers who need more than just horse supplies.

Charlie.

• Like 1

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

• Moderators

One of our neighbors near our property in nc talked about those horse/living quarters trailers. 

I've seen them on the highway. Practical for a certain group. Actually. Perfect for them. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.