Blinds open or closed when towing/storing?

Katjo

Closed always when not occupied to reduce UV damage is my recommendation.

GJ

• Like 5

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

We keep them closed in both situations. To keep UV out during storage and to keep the interior cool and maybe reduce strain on the strings when traveling.

• Like 5

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

Got nuttin to hide but certainly closed while traveling and when I'm not there.

UV damage and helping to prevent a bad guy easily seeing what I might have.

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

We routinely travel and store with blinds closed. I haven't (yet) had to restring the shades, 15 years in.

In retrospect, I probably should have hung a little towel or something over the bath window, in storage, as well. The tp holder and access panel under the sink have some uv discoloration/yellowing from years of sun streaming in through that little window. 

• Like 5

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

My wife made a little insulated curtain for the bath window. She had an unfortunate experience with frosted glass in our first trailer. Turns out, if you're close enough to it, and the lighting is good, it doesn't hide all that much. 😲 Didn't realize that until we'd had that trailer for a few years. Probably amused a few neighbors... 🥴

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Probably amused a few neighbors... 🥴

A few years back I told a similar story regarding the reason I made a bathroom curtain.

I was camping at Pebble Creek in Yellowstone National Park when just after taking a shower and drying off I looked out the open bath window and saw a young boy looking at me through the open window!  Given the angles, he really couldn't see anything but in this day and age, I was concerned that he would run back to his campsite and tell his parents that this "old guy" was flashing him.  As soon as I got home from that trip I made the curtain!

Here are the parts I used for the curtain rod:

P1010307.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

For our bathroom window I put up a couple of small, clear on command clips.  The microfiber towel we use to wipe things down after a shower gets hung there to dry, also serving as a curtain.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS