Will my 2017 Dometic 3 way fridge fit through the door opening with the door frame removed?

John E Davies

Or do I have to disassemble the FRIDGE partially? Just checking, I am pretty sure it will clear, but I would hate to remove the door assembly and then find out I was wrong.

Are there any tricks to getting the door frame off? It looks straight forward. But I expect it requires two people to be safe. Comments? Pictures?

Thanks,

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

28 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Or do I have to disassemble the FRIDGE partially? Just checking, I am pretty sure it will clear, but I would hate to remove the door assembly and then find out I was wrong.

Are there any tricks to getting the door frame off? It looks straight forward. But I expect it requires two people to be safe. Comments? Pictures?

Thanks,

John Davies

Spokane WA

How about the egress window in the back. Is it wide enough?

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• Moderator+
3 minutes ago, Ollie-Haus said:

How about the egress window in the back. Is it wide enough?

No

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

When Oliver replaced our original Norcold with the Dometic,  they told me they had to remove the door frame to do the swap. Also, (because we have an Elite 1) they had to remove the shower wall. The tightest pinchpoint for us is the space between the shower wall and the microwave cabinet. 

When we replaced the Dometic ourselves, Paul took it out in three pieces, and we didn't have to remove the door frame. But, our fridge was dead, and yours still works, so you likely want to keep it in one piece and sell it.... I  would verify with service, as we probably have the same door rough opening,  but I can't be certain of that.

The good news is, the indel 130s fit through the door with the door frame installed, and just barely fit between the microwave cabinet and shower wall, as well. 🙂

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.