Propane Tank "Wing Nut" Mod

54 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Chris, 

I know you will be all over this mod with along with a list of many others after you take delivery.
Speaking of delivery day yours is fast approaching! I know you both have to be excited.
That’s awesome!

David

I'm starting to have dreams and getting sleepless at times. Something big is getting ready to happen! Dreamed the other night that I was having trouble backing into our driveway. I hope this isn't a sign!😆

• Thanks 1
  • Care 1

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

1 hour ago, Ollie-Haus said:

I'm starting to have dreams and getting sleepless at times. Something big is getting ready to happen! Dreamed the other night that I was having trouble backing into our driveway. I hope this isn't a sign!😆

And here I thought it was jut me. 😉

18 Days. Those of you that corrected me when I said the next 90 days would drag on back when I paid the first half were right! I can't believe how quickly it's gone. Speaking of which, it's time to tag Matt Duncan in the YouTube thread. 

• Care 1
  • Haha 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 7:31 AM, Ollie-Haus said:

Now y'all have started something. I've got three of those locks so this may be my first mod to the camper once it arrives. 😉

These are some great mods to the propane set up.  I chose a slightly different locking mechanism (since I had it left over from my AS days) and I didn't like the way the regulator assembly was just placed on the threaded rod. SO, I went and got two 1/2" nuts and matching washers to secure the regulator assembly to the rod by itself. Then I installed my "GAS STOP" devices and my Mopeka tank monitor sensors. Finally, I got my Torklift Fortress tank lock in place.  Picture below along with second pic of tank monitor wall mount console.

image.thumb.jpeg.4f1ec72a5167178e6c9b6e8e1b0e23de.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e6923f3c5159071f3c8667ad9e479d3f.jpeg

• Like 5

Dang Brian, you and I could be brothers! 😃I just got my Mopeka propane monitors, and have been looking for the perfect tank security method. Love what you have here. And I have the Gastops in my Oliver shopping list on Amazon for a purchase after we get back home. Glad to see they fit together in the assembly and still fit with the tank cover installed. Thanks a million for the suggestions!

BTW 3 weeks until delivery day!

• Like 2

States Visited Map

On 3/11/2023 at 7:20 AM, MAX Burner said:

Well, Patriot - I totally copied your great idea for the LPG tank crossbar wing nut & Springfield XD slide-lock mod...  "Tanks" a lot, brother!

IMG_6843.jpeg

MAX Burner

what is with the Grey Box inside your dog house on the street side?

Edited by SNY SD UP

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

7 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

These are some great mods to the propane set up.  I chose a slightly different locking mechanism (since I had it left over from my AS days) and I didn't like the way the regulator assembly was just placed on the threaded rod. SO, I went and got two 1/2" nuts and matching washers to secure the regulator assembly to the rod by itself. Then I installed my "GAS STOP" devices and my Mopeka tank monitor sensors. Finally, I got my Torklift Fortress tank lock in place.  Picture below along with second pic of tank monitor wall mount console.

image.thumb.jpeg.4f1ec72a5167178e6c9b6e8e1b0e23de.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e6923f3c5159071f3c8667ad9e479d3f.jpeg

Looking good Brian! 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderator+
4 hours ago, SNY SD UP said:

MAX Burner

That box is where all the connections for the 7-pin cable and the trailer are located.

• Like 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

12 hours ago, Ollie-Haus said:

😃I just got my Mopeka propane monitors, and have been looking for the perfect tank security method. Love what you have here. And I have the Gastops in my Oliver shopping list on Amazon for a purchase after we get back home.

Getting close to delivery day!  How exciting, congratulations.

Thank you!  I really like the Gastops and wanted to make it work.  When you get your trailer, you will see what I mean about the regulator.  The “hold down” bar is put into place then the regulator bracket it just placed between the hold down bar and the wing nut.  So when you go to replace just one tank, you have to let the regulator hang there while you are working. Not something I was a fan of.

Mopeka is great, I got the PRO model sensors. The only thing that threw me at first was the wall display. It was reading 100% on both tanks and I knew one tank was at 55% from viewing the app. In the app, I had already changed my bottles to 30# so I “assumed” the display would follow.  WRONG — you have to program the display so it knows what size bottles you are using. Once I did that, the app and the wall display match.

Cheers,

BL

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ollie-Haus said:

I just got my Mopeka propane monitors

@Ollie-Haus  PS —- Chris, did you get the Mopeka Tank Rings too?  Those will protect the base of your tanks and give some distance between the floor and your sensors.  Highly recommend!

BL

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Mopeka is great, I got the PRO model sensors. The only thing that threw me at first was the wall display.

Are you also using the Mopeka app?  Just wondering if the wall display is needed?

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

33 minutes ago, mossemi said:

Are you also using the Mopeka app?  Just wondering if the wall display is needed?

I am using the App and like it, the wall display is NOT needed but I wanted it there so my wife can easily check the tank levels and relieve her anxiety on those cold nights that we have enough propane to get through.

She has no interest in getting the App but likes the wall mount. SO, here we are!

BL

image.thumb.png.1bc759747e844a36708612a47d287cff.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mossemi said:

Mossey

When I purchased my sensors on Amazon, they sort of forced me to buy the display. I say this because it looked like a package, but when I placed the order, it was broke down as two separate orders, one for the sensors and a separate order and package and delivery date for the display. Had I the choice I would have skipped the display for $35. 

• Like 2

States Visited Map

1 minute ago, Ollie-Haus said:

Had I the choice I would have skipped the display for $35. 

I also cut the little screw tabs off the display and used a command strip (clearly visible in the picture). 

BL

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Ollie-Haus said:

Had I the choice I would have skipped the display for $35. 

Well, $35 might have covered a date night at Culver’s! 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

3 minutes ago, mossemi said:

Well, $35 might have covered a date night at Culver’s! 😀

Well we ended up with the display and it'll get used. And Culvers is my wife's favorite "cheap date" location, so we'll go there too and take the doggies with us!😍

• Like 3

States Visited Map

On 3/27/2023 at 5:14 AM, SNY SD UP said:

MAX Burner

That would be the Oliver Factory solution for a junction box for my rear jack switches...

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 7:31 AM, Brian and Brandelyne said:

the wall display is NOT needed but I wanted it there so my wife can easily check the tank levels and relieve her anxiety on those cold nights that we have enough propane to get through.

"Happy Wife - Happy Life!"  We did the same thing - use both the wall monitor and app!  😎

• Like 1

spacer.png

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

On 3/26/2023 at 5:16 PM, Brian and Brandelyne said:

SO, I went and got two 1/2" nuts and matching washers to secure the regulator assembly to the rod by itself.

It's nice having the gas regulator "fixed" in position on the threaded rod with the nuts/washers when you're filling/changing-out tanks instead of flopping around!

• Like 1

spacer.png