Hello New Friends: Picking up Hull Number 1335 Next Week

RichM

Welcome Christine and Rich!

What an exciting time! Looks like you will be towing with your Nissan? 
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

Kirk and Carrie 

• Like 4

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

1 hour ago, RichM said:

First, thank you all for being generous with your time.  I found many detailed answers in the forum and the broader community was a major factor in deciding on an Oliver.

This will be my first travel trailer.  It is perfect for me and my wife and our two miniature dachshunds.  Kids started college and we are still a few years out from retirement.  But we can see it coming up fast.  My wife is a history teacher and I own my own business - so we spend most of our time in California (Ventura County) and summers and holidays in Williamsburg VA. 

My toolbox consists of a wrench and a roll of duct tape.  But I am up for the adventure and look forward to acquiring new skills.

I have to say I am very impressed with all of you and look forward to getting to know you.

Rich and Christine Mutell

Welcome to the Oliver Forum and thanks for introducing yourselves. We are still in a hold pattern waiting on production of hull #1373, due sometime in mid April. It builds excitement for us each time we hear of a new owner taking their Ollie home. There is a great group of folks here to get to know, learn from and share experiences with and the more the merrier. Congratulations!

• Like 10

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

Congratulations, you have purchases a fine trailer.  During my purchase process, it was all about the quality of the trailer. Four years later, i can say the group of people in the forum willingness to help was unexpected, amazing, clever and creative. Fellow owners that I have never met  have gone well out of their way to help me on several occasions.  Once when I was broken down without heat a fellow Oliver owner offered to come to my location to help.  

Welcome aboard. Your fellow Oliver owners are pretty much nuts about the trailers and add a great deal of value to your ownership and overall experience. 

I wish you best of luck going forward and to thank all of the forum participants my gratitude and thanks.

• Like 8

2016 Legacy Elite II, Twin Beds, Hull #124

Tow Vehicle: 2019 Ford F250 4x4  / Short Bed / Crew Cab / 6.7 Diesel

Fieldbrook, Ca

@RichM Enjoy your delivery day and ask lots of questions. It will be like trying to take sips of water from a fire hose there will be so much new info coming at you on delivery day. Enjoy it and have fun! If time allows schedule in a few extra days of camping locally near Oliver at David Crocket SP.

here - https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/regions/tennessee/lawrenceburg/david-crockett-state-park-2647 This will give you an opportunity for a decent shake down of your Olivers systems. Any issues can be quickly addressed by Oliver Service before heading back home. Trust when I suggest  this extra few days of Oliver “shakedown time” is well spent if you can make time for it. 

Congrats on your delivery day and welcome!

Safe Travels!

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 9

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Welcome.

If your wrench s an adjustable one you are all set. Standard on one side, metric on the other. A pair of screwdrivers and a hammer should complete your tool box (to start).

Advice: the "stuff" you think you might need and start to accumulate, think twice. There are stores everywhere in the USA. After 7 years we are still taking "stuff" out that we have never used and leaving it home. We still have 2 cabinets full of "stuff" we might someday need...

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

• Moderators

R & C - 

Welcome to the Forum and to the Family.  Hopefully you have spent much of your time here in the University and I'm glad to hear that you have already found some interesting things here.  Good luck on your delivery - do not hesitate for a moment to ask those questions, take pictures and have anyone repeat showing you a process or function that you do not feel comfortable with.  I'm sure that you will find the people at Oliver to be a bit different as compared to those in virtually any other company you have ever dealt with.  This really should not be a surprise in that they are now "family".  Let us know how it went and we always like pictures.  Also, let us know if we can help in any way.

Bill

• Like 7

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Welcome! We picked up this $40 tool kit from Harbor Freight: https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/tool-sets/tool-kits/tool-set-with-case-130-piece-63248.html 

Pretty comprehensive and sits nicely on the floor of the closet. The tools aren't the best quality, but they're certainly in the good-enough category for on-the-road problems. I did add some slip-joint pliers, wire crimpers, a spring hook, and a few other odds and ends to another tiny $7 Harbor Freight tool box that sits on top: https://www.harborfreight.com/12-inch-polypropylene-toolbox-96602.html

Good luck with your delivery trip.

• Like 8

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

Rich and Christine, welcome to our extended family of Happy Ollie Wanderers!  Perhaps we'll meet this summer along the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Enjoy the journey . . .

• Like 9

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Welcome Rich and Christine.  I second Patriot's suggestion to stay in the area for a few days.  It's so tempting to get it and high tail it back home.  We picked up #1290 in November and tried everything out.  We had one issue that I didn't address at the time.  I had smelled an odd odor, but I mistakenly thought it was just new furnace smells.  It was a small propane leak.  It's being fixed now, but it was a two month wait to get it into a local shop here.  Lesson here is to be very thorough on pick up, test everything, and if anything is not quite right, address it before leaving Hohenwald.  Oliver is paying the local shop to fix it, so it's great knowing that once you leave, they still take care of you.  It's a good company.  Great choice for your first trailer.  There's a lot of junk out there!  Happy travels.

John

• Like 7

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Rich and Christine, welcome to the forum, and to your new adventures!

Safe travels,
Steve

• Like 4

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

Welcome, I will be very interested to hear how your Rivian does with 6000 pounds of Ollie behind it. I am sure you have fully researched the pros and cons, such as having to find a secure place to park and disconnect the trailer when recharging the truck. This article is useful.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38911919/rivian-r1t-towing-tested/

What does Rivian say about weight distribution hitches? 

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 5

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I'll be interested in your local towing experience . 

I've seen only two rivians in my county. Neither towing.

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Congratulations from Hull 1182!!  

I also recommend staying in the area if at all possible. We stayed at Davey Crockett State Park for a couple days and on to a nice COE in Northern Mississippi. We spent about 5 days total. We returned to Oliver to purchase a rug my wife saw and asked a couple questions about things that happened, just wanted to make sure I understood. They did replace the ball on the anderson hitch that failed as well as address a flickering light (occasionally) in the bathroom overhead storage area. Both fixes were done right there, no waiting.

I am learning more and more and feeling more comfortable each time out about how things work. This is our first travel trailer so we were alittle overwhelmed at first. 

Enjoy and Safe Travels

• Like 4

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

2 hours ago, Shawna and Scott said:

Congratulations from Hull 1182!!  

I also recommend staying in the area if at all possible. We stayed at Davey Crockett State Park for a couple days and on to a nice COE in Northern Mississippi. We spent about 5 days total. We returned to Oliver to purchase a rug my wife saw and asked a couple questions about things that happened, just wanted to make sure I understood. They did replace the ball on the anderson hitch that failed as well as address a flickering light (occasionally) in the bathroom overhead storage area. Both fixes were done right there, no waiting.

I am learning more and more and feeling more comfortable each time out about how things work. This is our first travel trailer so we were alittle overwhelmed at first. 

Enjoy and Safe Travels

"I am learning more and more and feeling more comfortable each time out about how things work. This is our first travel trailer so we were alittle overwhelmed at first."

There is a steep learning curve at first, but it's rewarding to understand all the systems.  It does get easier.  It's easy to feel overwhelmed at first.

John

• Like 3

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Shawna and Scott said:

They did replace the ball on the anderson hitch that failed

How did the Anderson hitch ball fail?

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, MnM said:

Hope the weather next week in TN is better than it is right now.

The middle to longer range forecast (for what its worth) is presently calling for a bit cooler weather for the next few days and then it is supposed to warm a little.

But, at this time of year it is always is a good idea to keep an eye one the forecast and the weather map.  The folks at Oliver are used to this and will certainly work with anyone experiencing weather delays.

If it helps - HERE - is what last year's weather looked like for Hohenwald during the month of February, 2022.

But this is what the highs and lows looked like for the same month:

High & Low Weather Summary for February 2022

Temperature Humidity Pressure
* Reported Feb 1 12:53 am — Feb 28 11:53 pm, Hohenwald. Weather by CustomWeather, © 2023
High 70 °F (Feb 11, 1:53 pm) 90% (Feb 24, 4:53 pm) 30.57 "Hg (Feb 24, 4:53 pm)
Low 20 °F (Feb 13, 5:53 am) 16% (Feb 11, 1:53 pm) 29.55 "Hg (Feb 17, 4:08 pm)
Average 43 °F 59% 30.20 "Hg

Note that the high and the low temp were only two days apart!

Good luck - but - in any case be safe first and have fun second.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Wow 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We are so excited for you!  We loved Davy Crocket and want to get back there.  We are just like you in many respects - first time trailer owners, still newbies as we only picked up in Oct 2021.  Unlike you, we have but one mini dach and we roll coal down the road vs. a quiet hum 🙂 

We are so happy with our "Lucy" and am sure you will be tickled with your Ollie!

• Like 6

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7

20 hours ago, Rivernerd said:

How did the Anderson hitch ball fail?

I am not sure how it happened. I asked the Service Department if it could have been something I did. The ball was loose. Service had seen it before and just replaced it.  No problems since.

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the family.

Here is a link to our blog for inspiration and upgrades.

You also will find links to the Oliver Outfitters Guide, a list of accessories we’ve compiled specifically for Oliver owners.

https://4-ever-hitched.com/

Hull 505 - Galway Girl

Craig & Rose

• Thanks 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg