Dry Flush Toilet

Bill and Nancy

I just wanted to mention that we have a Laveo dry flush toilet and we love it. I haven't seen anyone mention it on the forum before so I thought I would mention it.  It may not be for everyone but if you dont want to deal with black water or the pee bottle of a composting toilet this may be your ticket. If you Boon dock as we do it makes life so much easier. Work prevents us from traveling a whole lot and  we can only get out for 1 or 2 weeks at a time and then back to work so its a perfect solution for us. We often only get out for a day or 2 at a time so the convenience of this toilet makes shot trips so much easier. If you use it for a few days then park the trailer you dont have to do anything, just walk away. Its odor less and takes about 2 minutes to change a cartridge. You can get about 14 flushes out of a cartridge so we usually flush it 2 times a day and we go a whole week, we have gone 10 days but that was pushing it. Another interesting feature is you can remove the whole thing with one wing nut and bring it in. So if you need a portable toilet for some crazy reason and your not using your trailer just pop it out and take it with you and its 1/2 the price of a Natures head.  Its not for everyone but it is perfect for us, we think its the Cats Meow!  Check out the link and watch the video its interesting to watch.

And its made right here in the USA

Check it out

Bill

https://dry-flush.com/

• Like 5

Bill & Nancy 

Holland MA
2022 Elite II  Hull #1265
2022 GMC Diesel Canyon

MDMANCTNsm.jpg

• Moderators

B & N - 

That's pretty cool.

I think that this toilet has been mentioned before on the Forum and the biggest drawback was/is the expense of the cartridges on a per use basis.

Can you give us any better idea of what the cost per use is?

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

It cost us about $1.50 a flush so $3.00 a day. It’s kind of a moot point seeing how I’m pulling a $80,000 trailer with a $60,000 truck. Also like I mentioned earlier we usually only get out about a week at a time with day trips in between it works perfect for us. The other thing is we almost never go to a camp ground so black water is a big issue. Its not for everyone but for us it’s perfect.

Bill

• Like 2

Bill & Nancy 

Holland MA
2022 GMC Diesel Canyon

MDMANCTNsm.jpg

1 hour ago, Bill and Nancy said:

1/2 the price of a Natures head

According to the respective company websites the prices listed for the Natures Head and Laveo seem to be comparable. So how would the Laveo be considered 1/2 the price?

Jerry & Kathy

2019 LEII Standard #539 + 2019 Tundra Limited 4X4

Just now, Corvus said:

According to the respective company websites the prices listed for the Natures Head and Laveo seem to be comparable. So how would the Laveo be considered 1/2 the price?

When we Bought our trailer if I’m not mistaken the composting toilet was over $1,300.00 the laveo is $845.00 and they are having a sale for $745.00 free freight if you buy it while they are at the RV show. I Just bought one for a friend today 

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Bill & Nancy 

Holland MA
2022 GMC Diesel Canyon

MDMANCTNsm.jpg

• Moderators

Back in the day, we called high maintenance cost on lesser entry cost a "razor blade" marketing plan.

The laveo is a cool concept, but high per flush cost. If you rarely use the toilet, seriously easier to maintain than a composter.

Everything is a tradeoff. We all just have to pick what works for our own camping styles.

• Like 6

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

20 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Back in the day, we called high maintenance cost on lesser entry cost a "razor blade" marketing plan.

The laveo is a cool concept, but high per flush cost. If you rarely use the toilet, seriously easier to maintain than a composter.

Everything is a tradeoff. We all just have to pick what works for our own camping styles.

I totally agree  if we were out months at a time the cost would probably be a deal breaker, but for us it is the perfect solution. I figured it works well for us maybe others would like it also.

Bill

• Like 6

Bill & Nancy 

Holland MA
2022 GMC Diesel Canyon

MDMANCTNsm.jpg

• Moderators

Indeed. I love the neat and clean concept, but for us, the cost would be outrageous.  150 days last year, x $3 per day, =$450. 

@Katjo, love the "jiffypop" comparison.  Maybe "jiffypoop"?  Lol.

Everything is a tradeoff.  We all just have to figure out our own best way.

And, absolutely everything depends on your camping style. Each of us have to weigh the merits, work, and benefits. 

It's cool that we can all share what works best for us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

2 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Indeed. I love the neat and clean concept, but for us, the cost would be outrageous.  150 days last year, x $3 per day, =$450. 

@Katjo, love the "jiffypop" comparison.  Maybe "jiffypoop"?  Lol.

Everything is a tradeoff.  We all just have to figure out our own best way.

And, absolutely everything depends on your camping style. Each of us have to weigh the merits, work, and benefits. 

It's cool that we can all share what works best for us.

Jiffy Poop!😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

I’ve looked at that one.   I’ve got regular toilet in my Ollie but have a truck camper on order for smaller adventures and was really intrigued.    Good to have so many options out there.  

• Like 2

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package