Tundra Truck

Golfnut

Doreen, I learned my lesson too .. after picking up in July 2022 at Davy Crockett SP last year..  Not to get off topic , how did your new Tundra do on your trip?  I’m just looking right now..  My Ridgeline does good .. I have a LE1..  I would like just a little more Horsepower & Torque. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

2022 Elite I  # 1179  |  2024 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crewmax. 5.5 ft. Bed. 3.31gears 10 spd.trans

• Moderator+
21 hours ago, Golfnut said:

… I have a LE1..  I would like just a little more Horsepower & Torque. 

I agree, One can never have too much power. 

15 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

I agree, One can never have too much power. 

💯agree never. 😊

..., how did your new Tundra do on your trip?  I’m just looking right now..  My Ridgeline does good .. I have a LE1..  I would like just a little more Horsepower & Torque. 

Hi Golfnut: The Tundra towed remarkably well even while climbing the mountains in Virginia. The tow haul mode works very well as well as the trailer assist features, we were very pleased. The air suspension makes for a comfortable ride. The Olly tracks extremely well behind the truck and it was easy to forget that it was there at all, never the slightest indication of sway even when passing or being passed by tractor trailers, and no problem accelerating on interstate on-ramps or climbing hills (twin turbos 😍).  I never felt uncomfortable towing the Olly even when traversing tight shopping center parking lots. We over packed the truck on this trip so we were slightly heavy on the rear axle, next time out we'll pay more attention to weight distribution and adjust the WD hitch slightly.  Towing we got a little over 13 MPG which included a fair amount of climbing. The Anderson Bulldog WD hitch works well but I struggled a bit getting lined up properly for the whale tail to align, I have to work on that! 

IMG_7929.JPG

Doreen, I learned my lesson too .. after picking up in July 2022 at Davy Crockett SP last year..  Not to get off topic , how did your new Tundra do on your trip?  I’m just looking right now..  My Ridgeline does good .. I have a LE1..  I would like just a little more Horsepower & Torque. 

I’m off topic, too. 

Like that name “Golfnut”! We take our clubs on all Ollie adventures.

4 hours ago, Tom and Doreen said:

Hi Golfnut: The Tundra towed remarkably well even while climbing the mountains in Virginia. The tow haul mode works very well as well as the trailer assist features, we were very pleased. The air suspension makes for a comfortable ride. The Olly tracks extremely well behind the truck and it was easy to forget that it was there at all, never the slightest indication of sway even when passing or being passed by tractor trailers, and no problem accelerating on interstate on-ramps or climbing hills (twin turbos 😍).  I never felt uncomfortable towing the Olly even when traversing tight shopping center parking lots. We over packed the truck on this trip so we were slightly heavy on the rear axle, next time out we'll pay more attention to weight distribution and adjust the WD hitch slightly.  Towing we got a little over 13 MPG which included a fair amount of climbing. The Anderson Bulldog WD hitch works well but I struggled a bit getting lined up properly for the whale tail to align, I have to work on that! 

IMG_7929.JPG

Nice looking rig! 👍

We enjoy towing our LE2 with our 22 Tundra. Started experimenting with 7th gear around 62MPH with cruise on, getting 15MPG on our last round trip from NC to the TN plateau area and back on interstates. Going up mountain grades I do slow some to preserve good MPG. We don’t have solar on our LE2, keep the ready to camp weight around 4950 lbs after weight savings measures.

80FA5C77-24DC-4DFF-B4E7-4063E5FF7F79.thumb.jpeg.16ffbbc287b10b1b8281ec08b3ffedcd.jpeg

23 hours ago, Tom and Doreen said:

Tom retires 3/31

Early congratulations are in order!! It's been almost 13 years since Deb and I retired. I highly recommend it! 😃

Thanks, Tom & Doreen for your feedback.  Our daughter & son in law have a 2023 Tundra ( got in December)  they love it so far, they have a 20ft. Airstream Basecamp X.  ..  I take my Sticks with me every chance I can…

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

3 hours ago, Tom and Doreen said:

Congrad on your upcoming retirement. I have more to do now that I am retired then when I was working (except during the colder winter months).

• Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

19 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

We enjoy towing our LE2 with our 22 Tundra. Started experimenting with 7th gear around 62MPH with cruise on, getting 15MPG on our last round trip from NC to the TN plateau area and back on interstates.

Enjoy that 15 MPG towing an LE II with your third-generation 2022 Tundra. 

We tow our LE II with a second-generation, 2019 Tundra.  It tows smoothly, but we only get between 8 and 9 MPG on the interstate.

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

1 hour ago, Rivernerd said:

Enjoy that 15 MPG towing an LE II with your third-generation 2022 Tundra. 

We tow our LE II with a second-generation, 2019 Tundra.  It tows smoothly, but we only get between 8 and 9 MPG on the interstate.

We had a 2016 SR5 5.7 4X4 Tundra, fine truck & Ollie TV,  but did not get as good MPG as the 2022 3.5L twin turbo Tundra we now have. Our 3rd gen Tundra gets 22 to 24MPG not towing traveling on interstates at posted speed limits. Some folks on the Tundra forum don’t get as good MPG, but throttle control, speed, tires, contribute to results.

After installing running boards, hard tonneau cover, mud guards, Timbren rear axle load enhancement system, bed mat on the 22 Tundra. Actual load capacity, after a CAT scale visit, was still higher than the advertised 1400lb  load capacity. Toyota was very conservative with the listed load capacity on our 2022 Tundra.

There are many fine Ollie tow vehicles available with the Tundra being one of them.

• Like 2

Bill #75 LE2

• The topic was locked
  • Moderator+

Since this was a hijack from a thread about shower pans, I attempting to move parts of it to a new thread in an effort to keep it on track. 

Somehow who wrote what got all jumbled up and I ended up not making it any better. So I locked it. Anyone wanting to continue along these lines will need to start a new thread. 

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg