Water proof container for LEII basket

GRP

Can someone share what high quality water proof storage container they are using that fits in the basket?  I am looking to basically fill up the full footprint of the basket and would like it to be at least 20" high.    

Thanks, 

GRP  

• Like 1

LE II  Hull #1049

2022 Tundra Limited 4X4

• Moderators

There have been a number of these "containers" shown here on the Forum over the years.

"High quality" and "waterproof" can be a bit subjective though.

I'd start by looking through the "Mods" section of the Forum and/or doing a search for storage basket.

Good luck!

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

29 minutes ago, G. Patterson said:

Can someone share what high quality water proof storage container they are using that fits in the basket?  I am looking to basically fill up the full footprint of the basket and would like it to be at least 20" high.    

Thanks, 

GRP  

The Costco black with yellow top storage bin fits in the basket.  Because of the shape of the basket there's a little gap in the front.  It seems water tight, but I just put chocks, jack stands and things in there that don't require absolute water tightness.  That's not answering your question, but my two cents worth.

John

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Thanks John,

I was hoping that with all members someone has a slick container with gasket and latches that would be at least close to water tight.  I did not find anything using the site search function that was helpful.  As particular as some Ollie owners are,  I thought for sure someone would have good step up that would beat my present home depot semi water tight solution.  I suppose my question was not worthy to be on the front page for very long.   Oh well, back to searching. 

Cheers, 

Glen

LE II  Hull #1049

2022 Tundra Limited 4X4

4 hours ago, G. Patterson said:

Thanks John,

I was hoping that with all members someone has a slick container with gasket and latches that would be at least close to water tight.  I did not find anything using the site search function that was helpful.  As particular as some Ollie owners are,  I thought for sure someone would have good step up that would beat my present home depot semi water tight solution.  I suppose my question was not worthy to be on the front page for very long.   Oh well, back to searching. 

Cheers, 

Glen

GRP:

I am one of a number of Oliver Owner's that are  using this Rubbermaid container in the front basket. It has gone through many rain storms without taking in any water. It is a Rubbermaid Action Packer 24 gallon container and I bought it on Amazon.

Storage Box in Front Container.png

• Thanks 2
  • Like 6

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators
22 hours ago, dewdev said:

GRP:

I am one of a number of Oliver Owner's that are  using this Rubbermaid container in the front basket. It has gone through many rain storms without taking in any water. It is a Rubbermaid Action Packer 24 gallon container and I bought it on Amazon.

I use the same Rubbermaid container to carry my Honda generator in the back of our SUV.  I have never used it in the front basket because I don’t carry anything of value there.  I have never tested it in the rain, but it does keep the gasoline fumes contained.  You could always put some silicone or rubber edge trim around the top lip of the tub to create a gasket.

Mossey

• Like 4

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

23 hours ago, dewdev said:

GRP:

DewDev - Nice setup, I see your Ford backup stickers on your tongue and tray. Do they work there?

I was told that vertical would not work and to avoid a straight line on the tongue if possible.

My trailer will not have the basket so I will have more room for the decal but just wondering how yours works.

Thanks,

Brian

On 2/14/2023 at 3:47 PM, dewdev said:

GRP:

I have this same Rubbermaid container and unfortunately mine is not water proof at all. I even attempted using a foam seal on the lid with no success. It only holds my Andersen plastic chocks and blocks so it’s not a show stopper. I drilled small water drain holes in the bottom rear corners to allow water to drain out. It works for what I need it to do.

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

DewDev - Nice setup, I see your Ford backup stickers on your tongue and tray. Do they work there?

I was told that vertical would not work and to avoid a straight line on the tongue if possible.

My trailer will not have the basket so I will have more room for the decal but just wondering how yours works.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian:

That is actually not a picture of my Oliver, it is a picture of someone else's rig that gave me the idea to buy the Rubbermaid box. 

I painting the tip of my receiver with a yellow paint and it shows up great in my rear view camera in my TV.  

• Like 1

Maine 

On 2/14/2023 at 11:45 AM, mossemi said:

I use the same Rubbermaid container to carry my Honda generator in the back of our SUV.

Mossey:

Is your Honda the EU2000 or their larger EU2200?  

If it will fit my EU2200, Amazon has a good price for two of these boxes.

Thanks

GJ

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

I have 4 Rubbermaid Action packers that were purchased new, and first put into service in 2018 with our Sylvan Sport Go. They have never been water proof, and I did not buy them with that as a goal. I use one with my Elite II storage box for items that can wet. I would also like to know of a waterproof option, since none of mine seal enough to be considered even water resistant.

3CEE2AFF-0B17-42A3-8008-669539532F75.jpeg

• Like 2

2022 Elite II Twin “Katie” Hull 997

2010 Toyota Sequoia 

F78E73D2-961F-4734-8582-7C87E93C8255.thumb.jpeg.442eef9b480d725dcb388546f0a78db6.jpegI

I am going to try an AluBox 124L. It weighs 16.5 pounds and measures as follows:

external: 27L x 16W x 20.5H

internal: 25.5L x 14.5W x 19H

I am planning on mounting it in the tray with carriage bolts and it is lockable. However, this is a more expensive option.  

Kirk

• Like 4

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

7 minutes ago, snakeriveridaho said:

I am going to try an AluBox

Im eager to see if this fit! I was thinking how nice it would be to use one of these or the Zarges boxes. Keep us updated!

• Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Geronimo John said:

Is your Honda the EU2000 or their larger EU2200?  

I have a 2004 EU2000i  I am not sure if the EU2200i would fit or not.  My generator has to be sitting in the correct position so that the handle fits between the ribs of the inside top which run length wise.  The pictures usually show the the outside of the top and those ribs run width wise.  And I would say the price below is better than what I saw on Amazon.

Mossey

9531D94A-DD1B-4C54-9B83-B6E288984385.thumb.jpeg.4dd0a7106527ca6a4a8bcc9102e952c4.jpeg

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

I picked one of these Craftsman containers up at Lowe's.  They come in a variety of sizes.  I may eventually upgrade to something nicer, like Kirk above @snakeriveridaho is planning to use, but for now, it works.

CRAFTSMAN Medium 10-Gallons (40-Quart) Black Heavy Duty Tote with Latching Lid in the Plastic Storage Containers department at Lowes.com

• Like 2

Southern Arizona | 2021 Ford F-150 | 2023 Oliver Elite II | Hull # 1319 | Delivery 3 Jan 2023

AZCALAMSNMTNTXsm.jpg

15 minutes ago, mossemi said:

I would say the price below is better than what I saw on Amazon.

Thanks.  For SURE on the price beating Amazon... by about 50%!

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Jstone said:

Sylvan Sport Go

Made right here in western North Carolina!

49 minutes ago, snakeriveridaho said:

I am going to try an AluBox 124L. It weighs 16.5 pounds and measures as follows:

Nice looking box!

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

20 hours ago, snakeriveridaho said:

I am going to try an AluBox 124L

That's the perfect box in every way except one....

The cost at Overland Kitted (Arizona) is $580.  A bit out of my budget at that number.  Even if they had a RoF (Retired Ole Fart) and a military discount.  However if they had a scratch and dent one ......  Sure is a fine looking box.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Geronimo John said:

That's the perfect box in every way except one....

I agree, it seems overpriced. I looked for a used one and couldn’t find one on eBay. I decided to pay that exorbitant price. I’ll let everyone know how it goes. 
Kirk

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

In theory both would accommodate a Honda EU 2200I.  

BOX SIZE Outside Dimensions Inches Inside Dimensions Inches
L W H L W H
HONDA EU2200I N/A See Right 20 11.4 16.7
R.M. Action Packer 24 Gallons 26 18.5 17 20 14.5 15
AluBox (124 Liters) 32.7 Gallons 27 16 20.5 25.5 14.5 19

However, I would carry in my generator to Walmart and test fit the Action Packer before buying.

GJ

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

Im eager to see if this fit! I was thinking how nice it would be to use one of these or the Zarges boxes. Keep us updated!

Steve:

If you contact Oliver they can send you a diagram (with dimensions) of their front generator basket

I used to have it but must have deleted that file. 

• Thanks 1

Maine 

On 2/15/2023 at 4:17 PM, Steve Morris said:

Im eager to see if this fit!

Fits with room to spare! I’m getting an 18x15x5 inch waterproof plastic case to slide it front to keep my tool kit in. 

Kirk 

AFF1B539-B2EA-4F01-A717-6053DE6D23D3.thumb.jpeg.a6f533d6982068accf0f603e90f8dfde.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

Hull #1305