propane cover lock

Big Cat

@Big Cat
From your profile it appears you own an OLEll Hull#330. If you can give a better description on how you plan to mount your gps it may generate some cool ideas from other forum members on securing it.
Just a thought; securing the tank cover may generate more curiosity from a thief. In other words “prying eyes” are drawn to the locked cabinet. 
Maybe securing the GPS device inside the LP tank storage area (with no visible lock on the exterior tank compartment) on its own might work better.

I am interested hearing more about your mod.

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

The GPS can not be behind steal. I don't think fiberglass will interfere. The case has really strong magnets and sticks really good to the LP tanks. It has a battery life of 140 days. I wanted to mount it to the solar panels I am  going to install but I don't know how I could access it on the road. 

Come to think of it, I can find a better way to hide it inside The Mother Ship so long as it gets a clear signal. 

I still want to lock the LP cover.

They make a small GPS tracker with an integrated solar panel. A roof mount would give you solar power and good GPS tracking and communications.

• Like 4

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

Several years ago, I installed a SiriusXM receiver and antenna in the attic.  The antenna is between the insulation and the outer hull.  I don’t know what size GPS you are working with, but it’s very easy to put it between the insulation and the fiberglass outer hull at the back of the trailer in the attic.  If it’s small, it would not be noticeable to someone looking, but you would be able to easily access it.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

@Big CatYou have not really said why you want to secure your propane tank cover. If it’s to secure your LP tanks you may want to consider this mod. No guarantees that your tanks won’t get stolen, but it is better than no lock and is an easy and inexpensive mod.
Please add your Oliver hull# and TV information to your signature line so that members can more readily help you with questions. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

@Big Cat, we have an older Hull, in our upper cabinets we only have the outer hull as a barrier.  We use a GPS device from Trak-4, 

and it easily provides coverage from inside.  We've used it for a couple of years and have been pleased with how it works. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

"Speak Friend and enter"

East TN | "3-Dozen", 2009 Oliver Legacy Elite Hull #36| Past: "Tiny Tot", 2016 T@B 320S T@bitha | TV: Nissan Armada

ALARILINTNVAsm.jpg