Ollie sighting in Oregon

Fargoman

While traveling back to Redding CA on Interstate 5 from Vancouver WA, we saw a northbound LE2 a few miles south of Canyonville a little after noon today. I only had a few seconds to look, but the Ollie had what appeared to be bicycles on a rear hitch-mounted rack, under a black cover. We see few Ollies out west - I'm curious where the owners live.

There were more travel trailers than I usually see this time of year heading north on Interstate 5 today, including three Escapes and six Airstreams among all the usual stick-built RV's. I'm guessing that the recent winter storm that shut down Interstate 5 north of Redding for two days created a back-up, and people were finally able to travel. We had to wait two days for the highway to reopen before heading home, but fortunately we were staying with family members in Vancouver, and had no reason to rush home. I was glad we weren't towing our Ollie on this trip.

• Like 1

2021 Legacy Elite 2 Twin Bed | Hull Number 894 (9/16/21 delivery) | Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4 3.0L EcoDiesel 3.92 axleAZARCAIDMTNVNMORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

It wasn't us, but we were in Oregon with our LE back in late Sept / early Oct. We entered from southern Idaho, through Vale (OR) and then went up towards Mt Hood. From there we concentrated mostly on coastal lighthouses, following mostly US 101 along the coast roughly from Tillamook to the California border. We switched focus to the redwoods and sequoia of northern CA and wine country in and around the Napa Valley. Then we headed eastward to see lotsa different types of rocks through Yosemite, Zion, and Arches on our way home to upstate NY State.

Its a beautiful area... lots to see. We'll be back again for more 🙂

We did not see any Ollies on the western portion of that trip, and only slightly less than a handful as we traversed the mid-west out and back again.

• Like 1

Tom & Holly

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite I #409 - 2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3L Gas, 4x4 Z71, Dbl Cab, Std Bed

2023-10-16OliverCampedStates(medium).jpg.8e9964c26c7927a0077806565b9dcfc2.jpg