Lagun table mount

shhQuiet

I have ordered the twin-bed LE2 with a Lagun table.  It occurs to me now that the Lagun table will block opening the nightstand drawer.  I was wondering if it was possible to mount the Lagun table on one of the sides rather than in the center.  I plan on keeping one side made up permanently as a bed and the other side with some pillows to use as a couch.

Curious if it would be possible to add it myself or would Oliver do it and instead get the basement access...

• Like 1

2023 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull #1405, "Rocinante"  TV: 2022 F-150 5.0 V8 4x4

States Visited MapMap of Provinces I Visited

The platforms search tools are limited...I just recalled the specific post.

We have the Lagun Table which blocks the drawer, and hardly ever use it...but each person's use model is different.
CS

• Like 3

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Lagun Table Package.pdfLagun Table Package.pdfFYI: We've received our Lagun hardware this week and I'm looking forward to installing it onto the nightstand base below the drawer (because we don't have the storage hatch option).  Should we decide in the future that we "need/want" the hatch I'll build the side mount designed by Overland that moves the table/assembly to the street side by attaching to the underneath surface of the bed lip and the vertical bulkhead just below it.  

So, to answer your question:  NO.  You don't have access to the nightstand drawer (or the storage hatch, if so configured), but this is only when the vertical Lagun table is positioned in the mounting bracket.  The side mount option allows the entire assembly to swing around to the street side giving access to the drawer (and the hatch).  I know it's obvious but, if the table/assembly is stowed your drawer/hatch is accessible (DUH).  The plus side to either table mount position, at least for us, is that should you have another person or couple over for entertainment, it allows for up to a 4-person seating arrangement.

The side mount is definitely a DYI project.  I'm planning to post a thread of my step-by-step Lagun retrofit project milestones later this week.  I'll be making a mahogany folding tabletop that will function in either a narrow or "unfolded" wider mode as an earlier member posted, FYI.  It will also serve as a gap filler between the twin mattresses with a puppy pad for Magnus' bed at night (WOOF!).  Ha!

Anyhow, hope this helps out some...  Cheers!

• Like 3

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

On 4/2/2023 at 8:29 AM, MAX Burner said:

I'm planning to post a thread of my step-by-step Lagun retrofit project milestones later this week.  I'll be making a mahogany folding tabletop that will function in either a narrow or "unfolded" wider mode as an earlier member posted, FYI.  It will also serve as a gap filler between the twin mattresses with a puppy pad for Magnus' bed at night (WOOF!).  Ha!

I'm hoping the order of the pix stays intact after posting.  If so, each pic has a description below it, FYI.

image.thumb.jpeg.d5dc72b842f3c1b179173b2a5ecf4dbe.jpeg

The Lagun hardware arrived here when I was on travel last week.  We ordered it from Lagunusa.com directly.

image.thumb.jpeg.b83afb4a6bff98de1230606702a2567f.jpeg

OK, so I started the Lagun Table installation a couple days ago.  I installed the main leg mounting bracket first.  Leveled rig fore/aft and port/starboard to get a good level on the bracket.

image.thumb.jpeg.c3e0852f130b42d34664dc63d07651e0.jpeg

My hardwood lumber supplier here was totally out of mahogany, so I decided to go with American red oak instead, I know - heavier and not as interesting as mahogany, but we've scheduled a long weekend camping trip this Friday and I wanted to get this table knocked out.  We'll call the oak version a temporary bookmark for the time being.  I glued/dowelled 4 pieces of 1/2" x 5.5" x 48" oak to get a tabletop dimension of 20" x 32", FYI.  I used the extra wood for the table mount plate and cross spars (shown in later pix).

image.thumb.jpeg.d46c9afd7edc06ab1984fff8d3d79809.jpeg

The second pic above, shows the grooves on either side of the underneath portion of the table - the grooves are for when the table is in the "Puppy Mode."  They fit over the twin bed lips to hold it in position when either towing or when Magnus is sleeping on it.  This stage was for fitting purposes.

image.thumb.jpeg.4ede77a0274bab03b621a7c7849101eb.jpeg

This one illustrates how the grooves fit over the twin bed lip.

image.thumb.jpeg.cc345f028e555d9da382adf4cf6b7f15.jpeg

Above shows fitting cross spars and mounting plate on underneath side of tabletop.  Spars and plate are glued and screwed to keep table flat and reduce cupping as humidity cycles up and down.

image.thumb.jpeg.840859463f7206d2db731ed8ccfe3c70.jpeg

After a few coats of Watco natural oil/sealer, this shows the fitment of the Lagun hardware (in storage/Puppy mode).

image.thumb.jpeg.fca15e8f6d0a2cd7877b385d1ed5dbe6.jpeg

Ready to set up...

image.thumb.jpeg.3cd021bec2b1dcbf213be646263d5429.jpeg

In tabletop dining mode - height is adjustable to well above nightstand so tabletop can be swiveled either direction...

image.thumb.jpeg.d09ae2c552b1346bb00e8f2cc390f418.jpeg

If it turns out that we need more access to the nightstand drawer, we'll re-mount to the street side twin bed rail as described in earlier posts in this thread.  The drawer is accessible in the Puppy Mode - so it can be opened at night for whatever is needed inside.  I initially wanted to construct the tabletop with folding sides as described in another earlier post, but that wouldn't have allowed for the Puppy Mode.  For now, the table configuration will get us thru this coming weekend trip!  HA!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

spacer.png

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

Did you use any backing or bracing on the other side of the fiberglass? Or is the fiberglass strong enough to hold the weight?

We pick up our E1 on May 8th and plan to install a similar table mount on the curbside.

Thanks, David Purkey

David & Martha from North Plains, Oregon.

2023 Elite 1 Hull 1382 "Coddiwomple" with full Truma & Lithium Pro packages.

2021 Toyota 4Runner w Trans Cooler.

IDILIAKYMONEORTNUTWYsm.jpg

1 hour ago, MAX Burner said:

If it turns out that we need more access to the nightstand drawer, we'll re-mount to the street side twin bed rail as described in earlier posts in this thread.

Not sure for other model years, but for my 2021 Elite 2, I can access the the drawer by taking the top cover off. It's only held down by Velcro straps.

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #854
2021 Ford Expedition Platinum

5 hours ago, Sak said:

Not sure for other model years, but for my 2021 Elite 2, I can access the the drawer by taking the top cover off. It's only held down by Velcro straps.

2021 was the last year the cutout was under the nightstand top. It has now been eliminated and a taller drawer installed.

Brian

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coddiwomple said:

Did you use any backing or bracing on the other side of the fiberglass? Or is the fiberglass strong enough to hold the weight?

I believe if you look at his very first picture, you will see a piece of plywood with holes in it. I think that is the bracing for the inside of the fiberglass.

Brian

Thanks Brian. I saw that but wondering if that is strong enough. I don't know anything about the strength of fiberglass so I guess I need to do some research on this. Don't want to damage ours when I install the lagun table mount.

• Like 1

David & Martha from North Plains, Oregon.

2023 Elite 1 Hull 1382 "Coddiwomple" with full Truma & Lithium Pro packages.

2021 Toyota 4Runner w Trans Cooler.

IDILIAKYMONEORTNUTWYsm.jpg

14 hours ago, Coddiwomple said:

Thanks Brian. I saw that but wondering if that is strong enough. I don't know anything about the strength of fiberglass so I guess I need to do some research on this. Don't want to damage ours when I install the lagun table mount.

The Lagun hardware packet came with a 3/8" thick piece of plywood for the backing bracket.  I chose to use a piece of 3/16" aluminum plate (same width/length dimensions as the plywood piece) as the backing bracket.  It's a bit bigger than the backing plate used for the TV mounting hardware, FYI.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

2021 was the last year the cutout was under the nightstand top. It has now been eliminated and a taller drawer installed.

Brian

Correct!  Our 2017 has the cutout/storage tray underneath the nightstand top.  

Funny story:  Just yesterday, we discovered a cutout/storage area underneath the countertop just below the pantry locker.  So guess what was stored inside of it?  A (what appears to be) brand new Foy kitchen sink mahogany cutting board!  SCORE!!!  The sad part of the funny story is that I made a bamboo cutting board custom fit to the sink - now we have two!  HA!

• Like 2

spacer.png

20 hours ago, Sak said:

Our model (Hull #226) has a "wooden tray" underneath the velcroed nightstand top - it doesn't access the contents of the drawer....  But is a nifty storage area nonetheless...

spacer.png

• Moderators
4 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

Correct!  Our 2017 has the cutout/storage tray underneath the nightstand top.  

Funny story:  Just yesterday, we discovered a cutout/storage area underneath the countertop just below the pantry locker.

These two locations used to be an OTTO secret!  I guess the cats out of the bag!

Mossey

• Haha 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

5 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

Our model (Hull #226) has a "wooden tray" underneath the velcroed nightstand top - it doesn't access the contents of the drawer....  But is a nifty storage area nonetheless...

I have the same wooden tray but it sits on a ledge and I can easily lift it and access the contents of the drawer. Is yours not removable?

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #854
2021 Ford Expedition Platinum

17 hours ago, Sak said:

I have the same wooden tray but it sits on a ledge and I can easily lift it and access the contents of the drawer. Is yours not removable?

NOPE.  The ledge the tray rests on if fixed - I may. need to "un-fix" it!  HA!

• Haha 1

spacer.png