How much can you actually tow?

Katjo

This is a good example of the kind of resources available to the novices, and even as a refresher for us experienced haulers. Anybody looking to get into towing for the first time or who are just unfamiliar with the governing factors of towing and tow vehicles need to dig into this kind of information before buying a tow vehicle.  

• Like 2

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

33 minutes ago, Ollie-Haus said:

This is a good example of the kind of resources available to the novices, and even as a refresher for us experienced haulers. Anybody looking to get into towing for the first time or who are just unfamiliar with the governing factors of towing and tow vehicles need to dig into this kind of information before buying a tow vehicle.  

Agree! I was so confused when we started considering buying a truck and camper a few years ago. We knew absolutely nothing about payload, cargo carrying capacity, tongue weight and what it all meant. We had never camped in our life! Overwhelming at first but I did know it was important to learn, I studied and researched diligently for months, until it became clear. It is not something to enter into blindly. I think these videos are so helpful for both new and a good refresher for pros. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Katjo said:

I think these videos are so helpful for both new and a good refresher for pros. 

I'm a big fan of YouTube "University" too.  

On those rainy days like today it is actually fun to jump down the rabbit hole of something I know very little about (actually that is most things 😆).

Shame that it seems that a fair number of people don't either want to do the work and/or simply don't know to study what they don't know.

Bill

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

2 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

I'm a big fan of YouTube "University" too.  

On those rainy days like today it is actually fun to jump down the rabbit hole of something I know very little about (actually that is most things 😆).

Shame that it seems that a fair number of people don't either want to do the work and/or simply don't know to study what they don't know.

Bill

I'm with you. And I too am baffled when people ask me questions like, "how do you know how to do that". I've always sought out knowledge about anything I endeavor to do, it used to be the library and how to magazines. Today it's the internet and YouTube primarily. I never was that good in school as a student of the established system of learning. But I've always been very good at finding answers to my questions and more so on the how to of things I've yet learned to do. When I get asked that question I just refer them to the internet. Often you get the "that's too much trouble" look in return. Oh well. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map