Progressive Dynamics Converter

A while back, Scuba Rx posted about a safety procedure that he recommended for our converters to prevent the possibility of the converter overheating. Using the search feature, I am absolutely unable to find the post! Can someone point me in the right direction to find the post? Thanks 

David

Kim and David Thompson Nomads' Nest 2018 LE2 #366 2018 Toyota Tundra, 4x4, 5.7L

Oliver had to replace mine because it would not cycle correctly, keep kicking on and off, replacement worked perfect. Not sure what the problem was, I just wanted it to work correctly and be done with it. 

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

We are not having issues with our converter-we actually replaced ours when we went to lithium batteries. I was just trying to find a thread that Scuba Rx started about an issue with converters over heating. He talked about the need to inspect the converter to avoid the issue-the Forum search feature will not bring up the thread. 

Kim and David Thompson Nomads' Nest 2018 LE2 #366 2018 Toyota Tundra, 4x4, 5.7L

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

32 minutes ago, thompsonkd said:

Darn search feature just doesn’t work. 

Yep.  That is why I use Google with a search like:  "Oliver converter inverter" to find threads on the Oliver forum relating to the inverter or converter.

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators
17 hours ago, thompsonkd said:

Darn search feature just doesn’t work. 

Try Rivernerd’s Google search "Oliver converter inverter" above and then try "site:olivertraveltrailers.com forum converter inverter", with forum converter inverter being the search words you are looking for at olivertraveltrailers.com.  Then compare the results.  There is an old saying about computers "garbage in, garbage out" which means that the computer will give you just what you ask for.  And a ‘thank you’ goes out to DavidS, who shared the specific site:Oliver travel trailers.com a few years back.

Mossey

Edited by mossemi
Clarification
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderator+
On 3/1/2023 at 11:24 AM, thompsonkd said:

We are not having issues with our converter-we actually replaced ours when we went to lithium batteries. I was just trying to find a thread that Scuba Rx started about an issue with converters over heating. He talked about the need to inspect the converter to avoid the issue-the Forum search feature will not bring up the thread. 

Sorry I didn't see this when you first posted. As you've probably realized by now, it's not the converter, it's the transfer switch and is only included if you order the front generator hook-up port. The problem arose because the screws in the connector block had loosened over time and a loose connection will build up heat due to the increased resistance. As far as any concerns with the converter goes, you do need to make sure the wiring connections are all tight there as well.

• Like 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg