How to secure panel?

My solar panel inside is only being held on by one screw (the right side). The left one seems to be the victim of some non-standard cutting. Is there a way to get behind this and use a bolt and nut? Or a bead of clear silicon caulk?

C704CD15-F0EB-4EFB-AB6E-9466BB0890BC_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.c2cc757f86c353df379a7a05cb0a544c.jpeg

• Wow 2

John and Jodi

San Antonio, TX

2022 Elite II - Hull #1126 being pulled by a 2022 F-150 Powerboost.

Map Legend: Red - Driven Through; Orange - Stopped In; Blue - Explored Parts; Green - Explored Whole

States 20230917.png

Looks to be the solar panel charge controller on the street side. I  would submit a service ticket to Oliver. Or install a bolt and washer and nut through the back (round)  access hole. Easy fix.

John & Chris Dehne Manchester, MD.  2021 Elite II twin Hull# 901

“Fiberbeergrass” 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4  Life is good!

Definitely submit a service ticket.  Your photo shows sloppy installation, of which the Oliver Service Department should be advised.

That said, there should be a round access port cover, on the forward end of the street side overhead cabinet just aft of that Zamp charge controller, which will allow you to access the back of that mounting area.  With such access, you should be able to swap the left-side screw visible in your photo for a bolt with nut.

• Like 4

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

Thanks. I've tightened up the screws for now. This will go on a list of things to fix the next time I get back to the factory.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

John and Jodi

San Antonio, TX

2022 Elite II - Hull #1126 being pulled by a 2022 F-150 Powerboost.

Map Legend: Red - Driven Through; Orange - Stopped In; Blue - Explored Parts; Green - Explored Whole

States 20230917.png

If you want a more secure temporary repair, remove the controller, clean both surfaces and add a small strip of 3M VHB tape along each vertical side. Actually that would be fine for a permanent repair. No need to be redrilling holes, but that is easy enough, just shift the unit half an inch vertically and add new holes … 

It is very distressing to see stuff like that, it is an indicator that their techs are either too rushed to do the job correctly or just don’t care. Either situation is bad…

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.