Motivation

Rene

Just a bit of a fun and perhaps motivational story.  In 2017, I was going through an incredibly difficult divorce from a man I had only been married to for two years.  Turned out that he had some very mean and troublesome issues.  I found myself in a very broken state; sad, defeated, embarrassed.  So, what did I do?  I set my mind to save for a school bus, that I would convert into my home.  While in the "saving the cash" phase, I bought a toy school bus that sat on my desk, for a constant reminder as to why I was working so hard.  I bought that bus.  I converted that bus. I lived in that bus for 3.5 years.  I am back in a house for now.  That bus?  That bus will be sold soon and will be the down payment for my new dream; an Oliver! 🙂  So, I had to buy a new toy.  It's definitely not an exact replica, but it is working just fine!  Tentative plan is to buy the truck in April and pull the trigger on my Ollie order between June and September.  I learned in my school bus journey that best laid plans don't always work out but dreams DO come true when you just don't give up! 

Toy Truck.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 12

33 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Nice - but -

You could up the ante by getting rid of that "tin" RV and getting yourself one of THESE

I actually looked for one of the 3D Ollies however the cheapest I found was for $30!  This was $5. LOL!  I might paint it white. 🙂

• Like 4

Sounds like you have a good plan to reach your new goals. Hard work and saving money always will pay off in the long run in life.  Good luck!  Definitely paint that trailer white and use a sharpie for the Oliver name.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

John & Chris Dehne Manchester, MD.  2021 Elite II twin Hull# 901

“Fiberbeergrass” 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4  Life is good!

7 hours ago, Rene said:

Just a bit of a fun and perhaps motivational story.  In 2017, I was going through an incredibly difficult divorce from a man I had only been married to for two years.  Turned out that he had some very mean and troublesome issues.  I found myself in a very broken state; sad, defeated, embarrassed.  So, what did I do?  I set my mind to save for a school bus, that I would convert into my home.  While in the "saving the cash" phase, I bought a toy school bus that sat on my desk, for a constant reminder as to why I was working so hard.  I bought that bus.  I converted that bus. I lived in that bus for 3.5 years.  I am back in a house for now.  That bus?  That bus will be sold soon and will be the down payment for my new dream; an Oliver! 🙂  So, I had to buy a new toy.  It's definitely not an exact replica, but it is working just fine!  Tentative plan is to buy the truck in April and pull the trigger on my Ollie order between June and September.  I learned in my school bus journey that best laid plans don't always work out but dreams DO come true when you just don't give up! 

Toy Truck.jpeg

Your story is inspiring and I hope your drive and focus is contagious for folks that need help finding a way to fulfill their dreams. Can't wait to read about your delivery day. Looking forward to your progress reports between now and then. 👏👏👏

• Like 4

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• Moderators

@Rene, what's your goal? Keep the house, and travel, or sell the house and full time?

Good luck in your decision.  An Oliver rig will definitely be easier to drive than a schoolie, but even an Elite II will be smaller.. 

That said, we often live five or  six months, in the smaller Elite I. 

Do you have pet(s)?

Welcome aboard. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

23 hours ago, John Dehne said:

Sounds like you have a good plan to reach your new goals. Hard work and saving money always will pay off in the long run in life.  Good luck!  Definitely paint that trailer white and use a sharpie for the Oliver name.

Ha ha!! Will do!  

21 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

@Rene, what's your goal? Keep the house, and travel, or sell the house and full time?

Good luck in your decision.  An Oliver rig will definitely be easier to drive than a schoolie, but even an Elite II will be smaller.. 

That said, we often live five or  six months, in the smaller Elite I. 

Do you have pet(s)?

Welcome aboard. 

Hello.  I will work a few more years to finish paying everything off again, or at least way down, and then once I am ready to, I will again hit the road full time in my LE ll.  I actually loved driving my bus but it was definitely stressful going over passes, etc. I do have one dog.  

• Like 5

Thanks for sharing Rene. I Iike your motivational models. I believe we are on a similar timeline to be debt free. Working hard until then. 
good luck! 
Kirk

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

On 3/5/2023 at 7:10 PM, Ollie-Haus said:

Your story is inspiring and I hope your drive and focus is contagious for folks that need help finding a way to fulfill their dreams. Can't wait to read about your delivery day. Looking forward to your progress reports between now and then. 👏👏👏

Best feeling in the world is accomplishing your goals.  Equal to that is encouraging others to do the same! 

• Like 4