New to us Ollie Owners!

Shoobie8

Thanks, Martin - nice looking rig, brother!  Here's our new rig after just getting it over the weekend:

IMG_6839.jpeg

• Like 9

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

37 minutes ago, Martin said:

Have you all named your Olivers?

Well...  "Ollie" works for us (and I'm sure for many others 😁)

Charlie

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

• Moderators

I don't normally name vehicles, campers, motorcycles, etc.

But - one morning prior to taking delivery my wife and I were sitting at the breakfast table and she said that I have to name the Oliver.  I said "why" and she (three times in a row) said "because".  Well, after that third time My "husband alarm bells went off" and I (finally) realized that she was actually trying to tell me something - "duh".

So, I said, "OK, what should I name it".  She replied, "Twist".

Well, it took me about 30 seconds of sitting there with a more than usual dumb look on my face before I figured it out.

Twist delivery picture.JPG

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Towing with a full size van. Nice. Our second tow vehicle was a Ford E350 7-seater with the V10. Awesome tow vehicle. We went cross-country with it and our 27' travel trailer. Had to switch to pickups when we changed to fifth wheels, but I wish I had that van today.

Congrats on your new Ollie.

• Like 4

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

1 hour ago, MAX Burner said:

Thanks, Martin - nice looking rig, brother!  Here's our new rig after just getting it over the weekend:

IMG_6839.jpeg

Thanks! Yours is beautiful as well! Maybe we will meet up one of these days. We plan to use our Ollie for out west travels!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

I don't normally name vehicles, campers, motorcycles, etc.

But - one morning prior to taking delivery my wife and I were sitting at the breakfast table and she said that I have to name the Oliver.  I said "why" and she (three times in a row) said "because".  Well, after that third time My "husband alarm bells went off" and I (finally) realized that she was actually trying to tell me something - "duh".

So, I said, "OK, what should I name it".  She replied, "Twist".

Well, it took me about 30 seconds of sitting there with a more than usual dumb look on my face before I figured it out.

Twist delivery picture.JPG

It took me a few minutes but what a FANTASTIC name!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Towing with a full size van. Nice. Our second tow vehicle was a Ford E350 7-seater with the V10. Awesome tow vehicle. We went cross-country with it and our 27' travel trailer. Had to switch to pickups when we changed to fifth wheels, but I wish I had that van today.

Congrats on your new Ollie.

My husband built out the van as a camper van. It has a queen bed, solar and lithium battery, and a pull out kitchen. But....no real bathroom! And no standing room.This was our maiden voyage with the Oliver but it seems like it will be a great tow vehicle. It is also a V10. It is really nice to be able to pull out the kitchen and cook but also to be able to be comfortable for the night.

• Like 4

Congrats and welcome to the Oliver family! 
We most often call ours Ollie, but have call it numerous names,  Olive, The Camper, Olly Oop, Muhammad “Ollie”.🤷🏻‍♀️😂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Shoobie8 said:

It took me a few minutes but what a FANTASTIC name!

Thanks.

Actually, its funny watching peoples faces while they think about it.  This is especially so for English teachers.

Bill

• Haha 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

No name for the LE II, yet - but Diane will come up with something cute I'm certain...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

As most have figured out we're calling ours Ollie-Haus. A little conjunction playing on our last name. We do this a lot. Our home is referred to as Arrowhead-Haus. We live at Arrowhead golf course north of Greenfield Indiana. Our garden shed is labeled The Green-Haus. We grow bedding plants in there in the early spring, and it has green siding. The garage is The Carriage-Haus, cause what else would we call it. 😜

• Like 7

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

Welcome! Nice looking rig! We named ours “Betty” 

Kirk

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

Tom is not a fan of naming anything either, but I am calling her "Olive." Partly due to the Oliver connection of course, and partly because I am a big fan of the author Elizabeth Strout and she has two "Olive" books - "Olive Kitteridge" and "Olive, Again." As an avid reader, that sealed the deal for "Olive,"  for me anyway. I'm quite sure Tom has performed an eye roll or two when I use it, but so far he's been very discreet about it. 😀 Unfortunately, OTT doesn't allow customization of the back sign any longer or we would have put our hull number there.  Instead, we ordered a special license plate - "EGG - 1321" and are looking forward to receiving it soon. Happy trails everyone!

• Like 5

Tom & Doreen • 2023 Elite ll • Hull #1321 • 2023 Tundra Platinum Crew Max • Cheshire CT 

States1.jpg

When we were given our Hull #461, the name “Ocean Boulevard” immediately came to mind.  Haven’t gotten around to putting a palm tree decal on the trailer yet though.  And I don’t want to call the trailer “Eric” 😂.  

2551197F-DC30-45B1-9902-39717F115B0D.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

There are a few owners that have name their Oliver - Olive.

I believe that one of them had the "third brake light" decal changed to that.

And, of course, there is at least one Oliver named Olivia.

Bill

p.s.  Almost any print shop/sign shop worth its weight can easily make a hull number decal for you and they are fairly easy to apply too.

• Like 6

On 3/7/2023 at 2:34 PM, Frank C said:

When we were given our Hull #461, the name “Ocean Boulevard” immediately came to mind.  Haven’t gotten around to putting a palm tree decal on the trailer yet though.  And I don’t want to call the trailer “Eric” 😂.  

Brilliant!

On 3/7/2023 at 2:34 PM, Frank C said:

Brilliant!

spacer.png