2024 Total Solar Eclipse - Sites Available in Waco, TX

TXGal

Greetings to Oliver owners!

In November, I communicated with several Oliver owners about the option of "boondocking" on my 47 acres, approximately 14 miles north of Waco, during the total solar eclipse. Waco is near the center and will experience 4:13 totality duration.

So, what is available? Drive thru RV sites measuring approximately 25'x40' with no hookups. RVs must be "boondock" sustainable. Sites will be open from April 1 - April 15, 2024. Rate is $75/night. No minimum stay required. Cancellation can occur as late as February 1, 2024. No refund after that date. The acreage is level pastureland and used to raise cattle, so no portable showers or toilets will be provided. Anyone reserving a site for 4 nights will be given 2 specially designed t-shirts to memorialize the event. (Pictured below) Additional shirts will be $20/each.

Acreage is located in a rural area between Waco, TX and West, TX with easy access on paved roads. If you decide to come early or stay late, there are some wonderful attractions nearby that include Homestead Heritage, Czech Heritage Museum, Valley Mills Vineyard, Waco Mammoth National Monument, Magnolia Market at the Silos, Pivovar, just to name a few. On the day of the solar eclipse, Lowell Observatory is teaming with the City of Waco, Baylor University and Discovery to offer a public event at Baylor's McLane Stadium. 

Let me know if you're interested. Will return your message.

Thanks!
Sara

Waco Total Solar Eclipse (1).jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Count us in Sara!  I sent PM with reservation details.   For those that missed previous posts, there is another Oliver Rally in Fredricksburg, TX.  There are a bunch of folks already reserved.    I called Lady Bird Johnson RV Park a few months ago, and it was booked.  There could be cancellations, so if that park appeals to you, you might want to get on the wait list.   

Official Ollie Solar Eclipse Rally

Sara offers a  boondocking option near Waco.   This appeals to us, looking forward to seeing many of you there.

Mike

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250