Tail Number: TN 23-1351 Has Left the Hanger (an Air Force thing...)

BBL

23 minutes ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

After a long wait, the day finally came last week.

Congratulations on your acquisition! Beautiful rig! 💯

Kirk

• Like 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

2 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

After a long wait, the day finally came last week.  We picked up our LE II and could not be happier.  We camped in it for two night on electric and water and then two nights dry camping. Temps were between 30 and 50 and we could not have been more comfortable.

We have been on the forums for quite some time now so I won't introduce myself. Looking forward to meeting new people and putting some faces to forum names at the Owner's Rally in May.

This is a picture of our campsite at Mousetail Landing State Park about an hour from Hoenwald, TN.

image.thumb.jpeg.5c329f2bcc2bbfb532e6340e5d6126f8.jpeg

Cheers, 

Brian & Brandelyne

Wow Brian, that's exciting. Nice looking rig you guys have there. Looking forward to joining the club soon and meeting you guys and everyone at the rally. 

• Like 3

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

3 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

After a long wait, the day finally came last week.  We picked up our LE II and could not be happier.  We camped in it for two night on electric and water and then two nights dry camping. Temps were between 30 and 50 and we could not have been more comfortable.

We have been on the forums for quite some time now so I won't introduce myself. Looking forward to meeting new people and putting some faces to forum names at the Owner's Rally in May.

This is a picture of our campsite at Mousetail Landing State Park about an hour from Hoenwald, TN.

image.thumb.jpeg.5c329f2bcc2bbfb532e6340e5d6126f8.jpeg

Cheers, 

Brian & Brandelyne

How very exciting for you all!! Safe travels and I cannot wait until it is me. 🙂

• Like 4

• Moderators

Brian & Brandelyne,

Congratulations on you first of thousands of wonderful camping experiences with #23-1351!   Your white Super Duty /topper combo with your Oliver looks fantastic.

See you at the rally.

Pete

• Like 4

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

@Brian and Brandelyne 

AWESOME!!!! Congrats 🎉🎊🍾 

May your many miles be filled with as many smiles!!!
Another awesome Super Duty and Ollie in the family! Well done to the both of you!!

Hope to see you at the Oliver family gathering - aka the Rally!

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

2 hours ago, Caddymv said:

Congratulations. No logo?  Have something special planned?

Nothing special planned but we do intend to eventually settle on our personalized logo, esp up front.

Thanks, Brian

• Like 3

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Nothing special planned but we do intend to eventually settle on our personalized logo, esp up front.

Thanks, Brian

You'll find something meaningful,  or not.

Ours has been blank for 15 years.

Happy motoring!

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Congrats! I’m so happy for you both, I know you’ve been counting down to this moment, and how sweet it is you are now camping in your gorgeous Ollie! I wish you so many happy adventures.💗

• Like 3

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

19 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

We picked up our LE II and could not be happier.  

Have you done a thorough inspection?  How does the build quality compare to your former Airstream?

• Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

2 hours ago, Rivernerd said:

Have you done a thorough inspection?  How does the build quality compare to your former Airstream?

Yes, and the inspection is “on-going”.  So far, we have had very few issues and the ones that could not be addressed while we were there will be addressed on the way to the rally in May. 

The build quality is excellent. We are still dealing with “new boat smell” and venting it out every day. The most significant difference between Oliver and Airstream is in the wiring and plumbing. Regardless of minor wiring issues people find here and there, this wiring is head and shoulders above AS. The plumbing is too.

We have the best water pressure we have ever had in any travel trailer. I think it is a combination of a good pump, the accumulator tank and short-run plumbing. Whatever it is, we like it.

Oh, one more thing. We always said AS is a two-season camper (spring and fall). The insulation is not that great. The Oliver, on the other hand, was cozy and warm. We are looking forward to an all season camper!

Thanks for asking!

BL

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Yes, and the inspection is “on-going”.  So far, we have had very few issues and the ones that could not be addressed while we were there will be addressed on the way to the rally in May. 

The build quality is excellent. We are still dealing with “new boat smell” and venting it out every day. The most significant difference between Oliver and Airstream is in the wiring and plumbing. Regardless of minor wiring issues people find here and there, this wiring is head and shoulders above AS. The plumbing is too.

We have the best water pressure we have ever had in any travel trailer. I think it is a combination of a good pump, the accumulator tank and short-run plumbing. Whatever it is, we like it.

Oh, one more thing. We always said AS is a two-season camper (spring and fall). The insulation is not that great. The Oliver, on the other hand, was cozy and warm. We are looking forward to an all season camper!

Thanks for asking!

BL

This is reassuring with the comparison to AS in particular. Early on we were considering the other brand and others before we settled on Oliver. Again, I'm not terribly worried about Oliver quality. After two factory tours and the many positive reviews and experiences, I've got a pretty good picture of what to expect. But I'm a stickler for details and so it's always in the back of my mind. 

Again congratulations and many well wishes for fun and trouble free camping. 

• Like 4

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

There was another thread about tires and wheels for 2023. I posted there but will repeat here.  Our trailer came with Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse AT/LT tires in 225/75R16 size. I really like the tread on these tires and have had good luck with 16” LT’s on previous trailers.

One other thing we were surprised about:  The storage compartment below the nightstand is now GONE.  All the videos I have seen show that compartment and we were actually looking forward to having it. We asked why it was removed and the only answer we got was “engineering made the decision not to continue with it”. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b5a094e781df0a34b8322f034e75b83a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.383684ab1c517f8c0ed65402cf5d1845.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Thanks for asking!

BL

Congrats! Very reassuring with the comparison to the AS as we are also ex ASmers. Loved our 26U, still think it’s the best AS layout and lots of storage! Anyway, as I said on other posts my Touareg TDI towed the AS like a champ but it was at the upper limit for payload. My wife wouldn’t budge on a larger TV so here we are, our LE2 is scheduled for a May 23rd delivery! 😊

• Like 3

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

2 minutes ago, rich.dev said:

LE2 is scheduled for a May 23rd delivery! 😊

Congratulations, I am sure you will be happy with your selection.  After 4 days of camping we went to the CAT scales and my rig was exactly 2,000 pounds lighter than it was towing the AS. We had a 30’ Flying Cloud.

I was VERY pleased with the weigh ticket. Tows like a dream too.

Cheers,

BL

• Like 3