Tail Number: TN 23-1351 Has Left the Hanger (an Air Force thing...)

BBL

5 minutes ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

The storage compartment below the nightstand is now GONE

Im hoping this is the optional extra door below the night stand that allows access to the garage that’s gone, and not the night stand drawer? Or is it the “secret” storage compartment below the night stand top?

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

Just now, rich.dev said:

Or is it the “secret” storage compartment below the night stand top?

Yes, the “secret” storage that I planned to soft-line and store items you might want out of plan sight.

The NS drawer is still there and you can opt for the lower door to the basement, we did not since we might one day want a lagun table.  We wanted to live in it first to make that decision.

BL

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Yes, the “secret” storage

That’s a bummer! 

• Like 3

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

5 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Yes, the “secret” storage that I planned to soft-line and store items you might want out of plan sight.

The NS drawer is still there and you can opt for the lower door to the basement, we did not since we might one day want a lagun table.  We wanted to live in it first to make that decision.

BL

I am a bit surprised to hear Oliver did away with that hide away storage under the NS table…. bummer. We sure like ours. We also like the basement pass through door as well.

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 5

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Patriot said:

I am a bit surprised to hear Oliver did away with that hide away storage under the NS table

We were too, actually, we didn't hear about it. We were looking forward to it and pulled off the table top only to find a smooth surface.  Surprised and disappointed.

When will you be at Oliver to get your A/C installed?  We will be there the evening of the 15th for an appointment on the 16th.

BL

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

The storage compartment below the nightstand is now GONE.

That’s disappointing. There can’t be much cost savings in avoiding cutting out that small opening and dropping in a wooden box. Sounds like I’ll be pulling out the Fein oscillating tool!

• Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

9 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

Sounds like I’ll be pulling out the Fein oscillating tool!

Can’t wait to see the process and results posted here. A good plunge router with an edge guide would do a nice cut there too but either one will be VERY messy!

BL

• Like 1

I would never use a router or die grinder inside an Ollie! A jig saw will go through that fiberglass without making very much mess, just tape down a vacuum hose near your cut. 

I did this one under the fridge with a jigsaw, it took some hand work near the duct with a hacksaw blade because I did not (yet) have an oscillating tool. It is hidden and neatness was not a priority.

B26121A0-3229-486E-BFD5-594937E7F23B.thumb.jpeg.2dc73807edc54431cd83773483dcdb8e.jpeg

I just ordered this Dewalt at almost half off.

DEWALT 20V MAX XR Multi-Tool Kit, Oscillating Tool, 6-Speed, Quick Blade Change for Multi-Tool Needs, Cordless (DCS356D1)

Plus some generic carbide cutoff blades.

EZARC Carbide Oscillating Saw Blades, Multitool Blades Quick Release for Hard Material, Hardened Metal, Nails, Bolts and Screws, 3-Pack

I can’t justify the cost of German tools and their proprietary accessories (Fein) for casual home projects….

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

3 hours ago, John E Davies said:

I can’t justify the cost of German tools and their proprietary accessories (Fein) for casual home projects….

Yes, it was expensive. But at the time, there were not other options in the market due to Fein's patent. It's saved the day countless times, and well worth the expense over the long run.

• Like 3

-----
Facebook - Instagram

map.jpg

On 3/14/2023 at 9:59 PM, Steve Morris said:

Sounds like I’ll be pulling out the Fein oscillating tool!

@Steve Morris Steve, I just found out (check the latest walk-through video just poster by Oliver) that the top hidden compartment was removed but they made the drawer below larger. Also indicating that you don't have the room in there for the compartment.

We are already used to it so I am abandoning any thoughts of adding a hidden compartment.

Just passing it along.

Cheers,

BL

• Like 2

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

We are already used to it so I am abandoning any thoughts of adding a hidden compartment

There are other places. you will find them.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Steve, I just found out (check the latest walk-through video just poster by Oliver) that the top hidden compartment was removed but they made the drawer below larger. Also indicating that you don't have the room in there for the compartment

Thank you. We’re about halfway through the new video, so hadn’t get to that section yet. We will finish tomorrow, and probably portions once more before we leave to pick ours up. 

Hmmm, I wonder if Foy’s drawer inserts will still fit? We have them here waiting to go!

• Like 1

-----
Facebook - Instagram

map.jpg

12 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

Hmmm, I wonder if Foy’s drawer inserts will still fit? We have them here waiting to go!

They should, from what I understand, the drawer was made taller so it should be “no factor”.

BL

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

Foy’s drawer inserts will still fit? We have them here waiting to go!

We had to take off the locking mechanism to fit Foy’s insert in and then replace the locking mechanism. 
Kirk

• Like 3

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

9 minutes ago, snakeriveridaho said:

Foy’s insert

Do you perhaps have a picture or link of the Foy's insert?

Truma water heater & AC

10 minutes ago, snakeriveridaho said:

We had to take off the locking mechanism to fit Foy’s insert in and then replace the locking mechanism.

Yep, that's in the instructions he sent with the insert.

• Like 1

-----
Facebook - Instagram

map.jpg

4 minutes ago, rich.dev said:

Do you perhaps have a picture or link of the Foy's insert?

Here's a link to his catalog: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17XFL_5ine1WusHVKYguUBRmkj2KnJUN_/view?usp=sharing

• Like 2

-----
Facebook - Instagram

map.jpg

31 minutes ago, snakeriveridaho said:

Is this the one that will fit in the new NS drawer?

image.png.362dfc670df4247b0205caf0ef123e24.png

• Like 2

Truma water heater & AC

2 hours ago, rich.dev said:

s this the one that will fit in the new NS drawer?

That is different than the one we have. I believe you would have to remove the lock to slide it in. 
Kirk

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

2 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

Yep, that's in the instructions he sent with the insert.

We didn’t receive any directions with ours 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

Hull #1305

😃  Congrats y'all!  As former Airstreamers too, we really are impressed with both the wiring and plumbing design.  We thought we'd miss the extra 6 or 8 inches in width, but not so much after all...  Tows better than our 25-footer, for sure and for certain.  Should I assume your connected with an Andersen?

Enjoy your trip with your new rig!

Best,

Art

PS: maybe consider some WWII Army Air Corps nose art... ha!

image.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX