Tail Number: TN 23-1351 Has Left the Hanger (an Air Force thing...)

BBL

38 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

😃  Congrats y'all!  As former Airstreamers too, we really are impressed with both the wiring and plumbing design.  We thought we'd miss the extra 6 or 8 inches in width, but not so much after all...  Tows better than our 25-footer, for sure and for certain.  Should I assume your connected with an Andersen?

Enjoy your trip with your new rig!

Best,

Art

PS: maybe consider some WWII Army Air Corps nose art... ha!

image.png

That would look like a big angry white whale going down the road! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

1 hour ago, MAX Burner said:

Should I assume your connected with an Andersen?

Not sure who that was directed to but, if it was me, no we do not use the Anderson. I have an F-250 which has built-in sway control.

When we had the 30’ Airstream we used a Blue Ox WD/Anti-sway hitch. I liked the way it towed but it was a pain to put on and take off.

Once we decided to leave it off and I noticed no difference at all without it.

Safe Travels,

Brian

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MAX Burner said:

PS: maybe consider some WWII Army Air Corps nose art... ha!

If you were going to go with WW II nose art, maybe look for a Pin-Up Girl, something less aggressive.  😂

BL

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Because they made the NS drawer taller and it will no longer fit.

BL

Awwh that’s a bummer, it’s so handy. 

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

On 3/14/2023 at 2:34 PM, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Our trailer came with Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse AT/LT tires in 225/75R16 size

I just watched the latest “2023 Oliver Legacy Elite II Delivery Walkthrough” video https://youtu.be/DWrumIGw37k at time stamp 7:45 it shows LT235/65R16 for the tires!

I'm just about ready to place an order for tire covers and of course the sizes of tires in the Oliver video and @Brian and Brandelyne's LE2 fall in 2 different cover sizes, i.e

1. LT235/65R16 (28") = Covers 26” to 28.75”
  2. LT225/75R16 (29.3") = covers 29” to 31.75”

I'm hoping the standard tires are now the LT225/75R16 (29.3"), I emailed Josh at Oliver so he can confirm.

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

6 minutes ago, rich.dev said:

I'm hoping the standard tires are now the LT225/75R16 (29.3"), I emailed Josh at Oliver so he can confirm.

As Oliver's tire purchasing practices seem to be in flux, I would wait until you actually take delivery of your trailer before  purchasing tire covers.  Those tires won't be exposed to much UV between the time you get back home to order tire covers and when the correct size tire covers arrive.  I wouldn't risk ordering the wrong size just for those few days of exposure.

• Like 5

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

1 minute ago, Rivernerd said:

I wouldn't risk ordering the wrong size just for those few days of exposure.

Heard back from Josh, 225/75/R16 will be the tires on the trailer, but like you said Rivernerd, best to wait just in case!

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 3:44 AM, John E Davies said:

I did this one under the fridge with a jigsaw,

Under the refrigerator?    

Edited by Geronimo John
I have no idea how this post got to this tire thread?

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

2 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

Under the refrigerator?    

What are you asking? I wanted to reroute the 12 volt power and ground wires for my new Isotherm, not add two additional splices. Plus it was easy to do with everything above it removed, it would have been a true pain afterwards.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.