Nose Art - Show us yours

bugeyedriver

• Moderators

Many new Olivers have the pristine appearance of their beautiful white gelcoat while exploring this wonderful nation.  They are truly pieces of modern art to behold as they roll across the highways and byways. 

During WWII, it was fashionable for American bomber aircraft or fighters to be decorated with intriguing pieces of artwork (Nose Art) which provided an emotional connection for the aircrews as they "went about their business" during their wartime missions.

Some of us have chosen to add a personal, meaningful touch to our Ollies as we carry out our "mission" of exploring this land and have chosen to place some sort of art, or motif on the front of our beloved Ollie which helps guide us along the nation's highway, byways, and back roads  displaying a bit of our character, history, or interests to others who come across our paths. 

This thread is a place for us to show our frontal artwork to our Ollie family and perhaps say a few words about it.   I'll go first.

I'm on my second piece of art, the first one developed cracks after 12 years and 111,000 miles.  My companion dog , Bosker, now graces the front of my trailer . . . eyes gazing into new horizons wondering what adventures are around the next corner.  

Those of you who have placed a bit of your personalty "up front" please share it with us.  Tell us how it is meaningful to you . . .

image.thumb.jpeg.760fad5a5d2dc4ac9bc5c68e48b3a484.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Care 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

23 minutes ago, bugeyedriver said:

Many new Olivers have the pristine appearance of their beautiful white gelcoat while exploring this wonderful nation.  They are truly pieces of modern art to behold as they roll across the highways and byways. 

During WWII, it was fashionable for American bomber aircraft or fighters to be decorated with intriguing pieces of artwork (Nose Art) which provided an emotional connection for the aircrews as they "went about their business" during their wartime missions.

Some of us have chosen to add a personal, meaningful touch to our Ollies as we carry out our "mission" of exploring this land and have chosen to place some sort of art, or motif on the front of our beloved Ollie which helps guide us along the nation's highway, byways, and back roads  displaying a bit of our character, history, or interests to others who come across our paths. 

This thread is a place for us to show our frontal artwork to our Ollie family and perhaps say a few words about it.   I'll go first.

I'm on my second piece of art, the first one developed cracks after 12 years and 111,000 miles.  My companion dog , Bosker, now graces the front of my trailer . . . eyes gazing into new horizons wondering what adventures are around the next corner.  

Those of you who have placed a bit of your personalty "up front" please share it with us.  Tell us how it is meaningful to you . . .

image.thumb.jpeg.760fad5a5d2dc4ac9bc5c68e48b3a484.jpeg

I've got a real soft spot for the pooches. Bosker looks quite contented displayed front and center. 

• Like 5

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

We spent alot of years working to restore fish passage for Alewives in Maine, and still get home every spring In time to do it all over again.

12EF65E8-51E4-416E-A1B0-48A8D8BEF27A.thumb.jpeg.b468590b7b1030d882df774f42b0531d.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

Cool thread. I’m not putting a Vargas style pin-up off @DebMon the front, though. 😉

I know what mine is going to be, but I’m not sharing yet. Two nights ago I was smacked in the face with a bit of inspiration, and I can’t wait to turn it into a graphic. The name will be revealed two weeks from tomorrow, though. 😁

• Like 6

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• Moderators

E2664F40-3D36-41D5-A992-B3368FC57D02.thumb.jpeg.686fe7647fc50bbab6b2fa65882640ee.jpegThe inspiration for my nose art was my two Border Terriers.  And of course, also the fact that my wife did not wholeheartedly embrace a travel trailer as an RV of choice.  She would have preferred a Class B or C if she was going to move out of the Hampton Inn.  The hard part was finding a silhouette that was an accurate image of a Border Terrier and was not copyrighted.  I found this one on Etsy and bought a piece of the artwork and asked for permission to use it on my caravan, as he called the Ollie.  He was impressed that I had even asked for permission and was kind enough to send me a soft copy to use as I pleased.  I added the script to the original and Oliver printed for me.

Mossey

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

After we came up with the super-imaginative name for our Oliver (The Trailer) we decided we’d let someone else design a logo.  I asked a local artist to combine a big star (Texas you know), some compass points and the Oliver winding road, in red and gray.  She did a great job and I installed it at our first campsite after pickup (Land Between the Lakes - May 2016).  We had the design printed at a local print shop, they did two and I still have one when this one gets too worn.

5ABBE161-3031-49F1-B51F-5DB2E47642C7.thumb.jpeg.1ec8e08bacd0aefa7c4ab90f68eaaea5.jpegFCFA9065-6041-4674-B318-5B60FE9BB92D.thumb.jpeg.d7231ac05661b010ef4ca0b8139b8224.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Love 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I get all the "Nose Art" I can handle when I see all of those bugs that I've got to clean off!🤣

Seriously - this is the reason I have opted to NOT have a decal on the front of Twist - it is a bit more easier removing bug guts off gel-coat versus off a decal over gel-coat.

Bill

P1010257.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

13 hours ago, mossemi said:

E2664F40-3D36-41D5-A992-B3368FC57D02.thumb.jpeg.686fe7647fc50bbab6b2fa65882640ee.jpegThe inspiration for my nose art was my two Border Terriers.  And of course, also the fact that my wife did not wholeheartedly embrace a travel trailer as an RV of choice.  She would have preferred a Class B or C if she was going to move out of the Hampton Inn.  The hard part was finding a silhouette that was an accurate image of a Border Terrier and was not copyrighted.  I found this one on Etsy and bought a piece of the artwork and asked for permission to use it on my caravan, as he called the Ollie.  He was impressed that I had even asked for permission and was kind enough to send me a soft copy to use as I pleased.  I added the script to the original and Oliver printed for me.

Mossey

As I mentioned in my first response, we love the doggies. What breed are you displaying on your trailer? We are connoisseurs of the Border Terrier breed and this looks very much like a Border Terrier profile to me. We may end up with a similar decal for our front end as well. 

• Like 2

States Visited Map

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ollie-Haus said:

As I mentioned in my first response, we love the doggies. What breed are you displaying on your trailer? We are connoisseurs of the Border Terrier breed and this looks very much like a Border Terrier profile to me. We may end up with a similar decal for our front end as well. 

My picture must have sent you into a tizzy because you didn’t read the first sentence of my post.  It is indeed a Border Terrier silhouette.

Mossey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mossemi said:

My picture must have sent you into a tizzy because you didn’t read the first sentence of my post.  It is indeed a Border Terrier silhouette.

Mossey

Well I think you nailed it. I was so caught up in the silhouette that I forgot to even read your story below. It's fun when there's a story and a connection behind a picture. 

We love our borders. Most people have no idea what they are and have never seen one. 

Edit: don't know if it will be nose art, but the borders will be featured on Ollie-Haus somewhere. 

image.jpeg.5f805bd0cbce24920563abead72a7786.jpeg

• Like 5

States Visited Map

When I saw the topic, nose art, my first thought was the "art" our dog always leaves on the windows when watching for wildlife. 🙂 Originally we wanted a decal of the Old Man of the Mountain (the stone face fell from the mountain in 2003, saddening many New Hampshirites). Unfortunately when we projected it onto a photo of an Ollie it just looked like a big, scary head on the trailer. Not the look we were going for. Our daughter started drawing other ideas. At the time the old farmhouse in PEI that we summered in had a barn that swallows made their home and we liked to watch them swooping in and out of the loft windows. When she drew a swallow we had our design and name, though we always just call it the Ollie. 

25EB7405-75E4-4CF7-BC3B-A460425B91E5_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 2

David Caswell and Paula Saltmarsh

Hull 509 "The Swallow"

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Ollie-Haus said:

We love our borders. Most people have no idea what they are and have never seen one. 

When someone ask me about them, I generally say they are  just little brown dogs.   Your pair look to be in confirmation condition.  This is our Kendal that we lost last March at 15 and our dog is 9.

Mossey

370C62F8-2666-4855-B378-50010DF39841.thumb.jpeg.691dca59ac3f59bfc636d47477417991.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mossemi said:

When someone ask me about them, I generally say they are  just little brown dogs.   Your pair look to be in confirmation condition.  This is our Kendal that we lost last March at 15 and our dog is 9.

Mossey

370C62F8-2666-4855-B378-50010DF39841.thumb.jpeg.691dca59ac3f59bfc636d47477417991.jpeg

Beautiful. He looks like he was well cared for. Our two are age 6 and 7. They're a real dynamic duo. 😆

• Like 4

States Visited Map

Still have the original front logo but am planning to remove and replace with the attached.  If you are thinking it looks as though it was designed by a Kindergartner, it was.  One of the kids who used to ride my school bus drew it and I thought it was apt for "Lottie".

Olliver Front Logo.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Haha 5
  • Wow 1

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

We took possession of our used Oli almost 2 years ago. We like the original decals that the previous owners put on, although we would like to put a decal on that would be our own.  My wife saw a cougar on the back of  stick built trailer, she liked it, but it is not original nor is it “us”.  Me, well I like the Fighting Oregon ducks. This is neither original, nor is it “us”.

Thanks for starting this thread is giving me some ideas. 

• Like 6

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

• Moderator+
On 3/16/2023 at 12:02 PM, Mountainman198 said:

Still have the original front logo but am planning to remove and replace with the attached.  If you are thinking it looks as though it was designed by a Kindergartner, it was.  One of the kids who used to ride my school bus drew it and I thought it was apt for "Lottie".

Olliver Front Logo.jpeg

Looks just like you, Lance. I’d get the artist to sign the original. It might be worth a fortune some day. 

• Haha 4

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg