CO Monitor in wind?

Gliddenwoods

I have had over 48 hours of very high winds and some rainstorms in New Mexico and SW Oklahoma. During this time I have had many CO (not propane) monitor warnings go on and then again an hour or so later.

This has never happen before the wind/rain storm while traveling for the past four weeks.

The wind is blowing so very hard on the frig side (frig on AC) that wind is entering the trailer via the frig above the frig door.

Any thoughts on what is going on?

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 1242, 9/26/22

Lithium Platinum Power/Solar Package

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

F-150 GCWR of 16,900 lbs with maximum load trailer of 11,500 lbs.

This has been reported before. Your fridge wasn't running on propane? There's a theory that poor sealing around the fridge allows exhaust fumes from the fridge gas burner to blow into the trailer. (Either way, it seems problematic that wind can enter your cabin via the fridge compartment.)

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

I believe I have solved the CO monitor problem. Based on a suggestion I turned my Oliver completely around so the frig, water heater and furance vents are all on the wind leeward side. No CO monitor alarms since.

Regarding wind entering via the frig vent. I would appreciate feedback from all who read this whether this is normal on all other Oliver frigs when windy; please reply.

Thank-you.

• Thanks 1

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 1242, 9/26/22

Lithium Platinum Power/Solar Package

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

F-150 GCWR of 16,900 lbs with maximum load trailer of 11,500 lbs.