New Competitor for the Elite I?

Mike and Carol

36 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

Cortes camper - some nice features but some not so nice.  Double hull, lightweight.  Interesting.

We looked at those as an alternative. If they make a larger size with a double axle, they will definitely be after Oliver’s market for the E2. 
Kirk

• Like 3

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

Looks like a nice quality build.  I do like the awning / swing-out windows. The refrigerator is a nice size too although I would prefer a true marine style refrigerator that you find in some of the over-land camper builds that have separate slide out refrigerator and freezer sections.   Overall I would still choose the Olly given the quality build, components, service support,  and styling. 

• Like 4

Tom & Doreen • 2023 Elite ll • Hull #1321 • 2023 Tundra Platinum Crew Max • Cheshire CT 

States1.jpg

That company got off to a rough start. Apparently, the CEO was indicted for fraud a few years ago. Here's a link: https://casetext.com/case/united-states-v-spivak

Their initial website was pretty sketchy looking. Today, their 27 footer is just a CAD drawing with no wheels. Be interesting to see if they can hang in for the long run.

• Like 8

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. 😊

An interesting attempt to copy the The Legacy Elite. They might carve out a tiny market share of the fiberglass TT industry. I just don’t see Cortez Campers as a competitor in the same fit/finish class as an Oliver. Actually not even remotely close. Interestingly enough they are actually listed at the Charleston RV show today for $52,981.00, a slight difference from the below internet price. 

Patriot🇺🇸CF4FB33E-D18E-44D2-9A56-1F76E5E5949C.thumb.png.c853f51e73214f4ae85d8ab694f0c248.png

A dealer listed this one in Charleston SC. 😳😳😳

• Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

And now for something totally different.  This is an interesting design but I can only imagine the price!  It will likely be made from pure un-obtainium! (A rare material that takes it way out of my reach!)

Doubt that it will ever see light of day but, it might.

Check out this new concept Airstream.

Brian

• Like 2

M&C: concur - very interesting.  I'm liking the two-tone paint option - wonder if Oliver has ever considered offering a 2-tone???

• Like 3

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators
17 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

wonder if Oliver has ever considered offering a 2-tone???

This too has been discussed here on the Forum many times.

Oliver did produce 4 Olivers (red, blue, black) plus, of course the white ones we all know and love.  Simply put - the man-power cost of adding color as compared to the volume of units produced simply didn't make economic sense.  This primarily is due to the need to get every spec of color out of the equipment and environment where the shells are manufactured prior to producing anything of a different color.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

23 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

Cortes camper - some nice features but some not so nice.  Double hull, lightweight.  Interesting.

I find the standard tank heaters on the Cortes intriguing.  Some folks would love to have those on Olivers.  Oliver aggressively markets their products as "4-Season Travel Trailers," yet offers no tank heaters.

Does anyone have experience with tank heaters?  Are they 120V only?  If so, not much help when on the road on below-freezing temps.  If 12V, how large a battery bank is required to operate them?

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rivernerd said:

yet offers no tank heaters

There was at least one Oliver Elite II that has tank heaters.

It was ordered by a guy from South Carolina that did what I believe was oil shale work in the northeast during the winter.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I like the heated tank concept. I *assume* this is electric, but have the same questions as Rivernerd above.

Interesting thought - for trailers with propane heat, I wonder if its possible to make double-hulled tanks, with the fluids in the inner tank, and the outer tank being essentially an air plenum that you run the hot air through on its way to the other end of the trailer. If the air around the (inner) tank is above freezing, the liquid in the tank will not freeze.

If you didn't want to run the furnace output directly around the tanks, you could instead use a separate blower (either manually switched or on a thermostat) to cycle cabin air around the tanks and back into the cabin space again... assuming that the furnace would run as needed to maintain the desired cabin temperature.

Very little additional electricity would be required (more 12v watts for slightly longer furnace blower run-times). This design would use slightly more propane to heat the trailer's interior to the same point, but you'd probably have warmer floors as a bonus 🙂

• Like 4

Tom & Holly

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite I #409 - 2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3L Gas, 4x4 Z71, Dbl Cab, Std Bed

2023-10-16OliverCampedStates(medium).jpg.8e9964c26c7927a0077806565b9dcfc2.jpg

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Rivernerd said:

I find the standard tank heaters on the Cortes intriguing.  Some folks would love to have those on Olivers.  Oliver aggressively markets their products as "4-Season Travel Trailers," yet offers no tank heaters.

Does anyone have experience with tank heaters?  Are they 120V only?  If so, not much help when on the road on below-freezing temps.  If 12V, how large a battery bank is required to operate them?

Outdoors RV and cousin Arctic Fox offer tank heaters, on some ORV models they are standard.  My understanding is that they are 12V so you can use them while driving.  We recently looked at a few ORV models at Princess Craft, the same dealer that made this Cortes video.  They also carry Intech trailers, all very interesting.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

1 hour ago, ADKCamper said:

I like the heated tank concept.

From my understanding of Ollie winter camping it is not a problem with freezing the tank water, its all the water lines that are at risk first.

GJ

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

8 hours ago, rideandfly said:

Speaking of a different color, the new US built egg shaped Barefoot camper, 3,000 pound GVW weight, originally designed & built in the UK, is available for around $47,000 to $49,000 at dealers.

Just saw one at an RV show today. Cute, but no storage and forget the shower if you're over 5'5".

• Like 2

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

6 hours ago, Rivernerd said:

Does anyone have experience with tank heaters?

Our last fifth wheel had heaters on all tanks, plus heat tape around the exposed tank discharge plumbing outside the trailer. Nice setup and it all ran on 12v. Didn't use it much so can't speak about battery draw.

• Like 1

I ran across this trailer during  my egg camper search.  Although it has a double hull, I thought of it more as an Escape competitor, given the price.  I do like the large frig and oven, but that one person table up front, exterior batteries, and some of the finishes kept it out of consideration.

• Like 2

Bryan & Sondra

2023 Elite II Twin Bed, Hull #1358

2022 F-150 5.0L, long bed w/ Heavy Duty Payload, Max Tow, and FX4 packages

5 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

if you're into winter/cold camping)

It can be an issue for anyone living in the Rocky Mountains, the northern US, or most of Canada. We have had several worrisome drives in the past couple of decades heading south for a spring or fall trip, having hard freezes on our way to the warmer climates. 
Kirk

• Like 3

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

5 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Just saw one at an RV show today. Cute, but no storage and forget the shower if you're over 5'5".

Yep, very small. Looks like it has Dometic Seitz RV style windows. Our previous camper had those windows. Leave them open when it rains.

• Like 2

LE2

• Moderators
On 3/17/2023 at 3:06 PM, MAX Burner said:

M&C: concur - very interesting.  I'm liking the two-tone paint option - wonder if Oliver has ever considered offering a 2-tone???

If you like two-tone, you could always take your trailer to a marine painter, and get a nice finish, one or two part poly.

Lots of mega yachts do the same.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Cortes built their (imo goofy floorplan  trailer) unabashedly by copying/cloning/creating a mold plug  from  a used Casita , creating an "unusual", unfriendly,  and weird floorplan. 

Look closely at their videos. Fit and finish is lacking. The ceo/owner is now the wife of indicted original owner.

I've been following them for over two years. If I were in the market, I'd steer clear, honestly.  I'm not in the market, as I'll never likely sell my Oliver, but I'd be very cautious if I  were looking now.

I haven't checked their site lately, but here are  a few screenshots,  from about 25 months ago, where they were happily using a Casita as a base for their molds/plugs.

Screenshot_20230318-224055_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230318-224018_Gallery.jpg

• Wow 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.