How to Clean Shades/Blinds Fabric

Using a Swiffer may help remove some of the dust.  These blinds are pretty fragile so I would not want to hose them down.  

You may want to check with the MFG.

GJ

• Like 5

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators

I vacuum the blinds with my dyson, and the brush fabrics tool.

I do have one mosquito spot that I've not tried to get rid of. I left it, to remind my husband to not kill mosquitos on the shades. Maybe someday I'll try, but it's been there over ten years....

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 11 months later...
  • Moderators

While recently repairing a broken string in one of my shades I noticed "black" areas where the TV had rubbed against the "night" shade during travel.  I started trying to clean it with "Simple Green" but that had no effect.  

So, I got a paper towel and Acetone.  Very carefully and lightly I started wiping the black areas of the shade and the marks came off!  There was no noticeable change in color or tone - I have the old off-white colored shades.

I then wiped the rest of the shade with a damp sponge and light Simple Green.  They now look like new.

Bill 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I had ours out upon a deep clean when we first purchased our older used hull. Sprayed them with a hose, fine mist setting thoroughly. Then I used compressed air mainly in the corners. Let them sit in the sun (think sunny day task) and later just snapped them in place. They are as clean as could be!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!