Truma Aqua-Go owners: What Real-Use Settings Do You Use?

Steve Morris

Our trailer will have the full Truma package. I've read and watched the videos on use, winterizing, decalcifying, etc. What I'd like to hear, is how *you* actually use the settings.

For simplicity, there's OFF, ECO, and COMFORT, and I know what they do. Without regard for propane use, it would be in COMFORT mode constantly. To save the most propane, it would be OFF constantly, and put up with cold showers. For sub-freezing weather, there's ECO.

Somewhere between is a balance of convenience and comfort. Is that OFF all the time, and then turn it on COMFORT mode just before use? Or something else?  What do YOU do?

Thanks!

8 Days!!

• Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

Steve, 

We leave it Off until we need it and then turn it to Comfort.  It heats the water in 15 to 20 seconds so, we don’t see any reason to leave it on.  As soon as the need is done, we turn it to Off.

If the temperature will be below freezing, we put it on Eco and leave it there until the temperature gets above about 36 degrees.  Eco keeps the water temperature At 42 degrees or above.  Even at 25 degrees overnight, it only comes on once or twice.

I hope this helps you.

Andrew

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d 

We leave it OFF most of the time while camping and only turn it on (COMFORT mode) a bit before we want to take our showers.   Keeps the propane usage to a minimum.  I also don't like leaving propane on if we are away from the camper for sightseeing/day trips, so when we leave the camper, the Truma is off and I close the propane tank valve.  We typically camp at full hookup campgrounds so the fridge is running on AC.  If you leave the Truma in COMFORT mode it uses more propane and it gets annoying at night hearing the Truma cycle on and off frequently to keep hot water at the ready.   I should add that we rarely camp in cold weather.   We are 3 season campers, spring, summer and fall.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Thanks gang! So, that's three for three to use as I'd anticipated. I appreciate the affirmation!

• Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

Before we picked up our Oliver, I thought we would use a lot more propane, especially during cold weather camping. In reality we use far less propane even during cold weather camping then I thought. We typically leave it on eco mode and then on comfort when we take showers. No problem turning it off when it's not being used but I think it's a good habit to at least put it in eco mode when you don't need hot water. If you forget at night, you will be reminded when it powers up to heat the water. I usually just get up and turn it to eco mode or off in above freezing weather.  Sometimes I forget to turn the propane on before turning on the Truma. If you do this and turn the thermostat to eco or comfort mode the amber light on the thermostat will blink. Also the Truma on/off switch green led will blink. Just turn the thermostat off and turn the Truma switch off. Turn the propane on. To be sure the propane is flowing, check it by lighting the stove. If the stove lights then turn the Truma on/off switch to on, then go back inside and turn the thermostat to eco or comfort mode and the amber light should be constant. You will also see the same thing happen if there is not enough fresh water circulating through the pump. I found that out the first time I used the antifreeze kit. I drained the fresh water tank thinking the antifreeze kit would just keep the water in Truma warm. But I soon learned that the pump runs continuously when in antifreeze mode circulating water through the Truma. Fortunately, the Truma has some built in failsafe's allowing the user to make some mistakes without damaging the unit.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Martin & Annie, Austin, TX

2022 LE2, Hull#1240: MightyMo 

Tow Vehicle: 2016 F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8