Demand for RV's Fade

routlaw

I had been predicting this would happen within a few years, the rapid slow down of the RV craze that took off like a rocket ship to mars during the pandemic and sure enough as Barron's reports it is here. I am providing a link, but not sure if everyone will be able to read it without a subscription. Anyway thought this would interest many on the forum.

Thanks

https://www.barrons.com/articles/winnebago-stock-earnings-rv-demand-612e3756?mod=hp_DAY_3

Legacy Elite II #70

This is probably true for the Stick Built Trailers, or Metal Sticks, but for the fiberglass trailers like, Oliver, Casita, Big Foot, Escape, etc., I wouldn't be too worried about the value going down, just how much are they going to go up. The fiberglass community of campers is a total different group compared to other groups.

trainman

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

2 hours ago, routlaw said:

I had been predicting this would happen within a few years, the rapid slow down of the RV craze that took off like a rocket ship to mars during the pandemic and sure enough as Barron's reports it is here. I am providing a link, but not sure if everyone will be able to read it without a subscription. Anyway thought this would interest many on the forum.

Thanks

https://www.barrons.com/articles/winnebago-stock-earnings-rv-demand-612e3756?mod=hp_DAY_3

In part the article stated:

According to the RV Industry Association, total RV shipments for January fell nearly 62% from a year earlier, marking a reversal for the industry, which saw demand rise during the pandemic.  One of the reasons cited for falling demand are rising interest rates for larger loans like those used to purchase RV's. image.thumb.png.d97bb73d62d062a6812c8f45f8af80bb.pngad

• Like 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

I wonder when that will translate into fewer RVs on the road/in campsites?

Based on my observations from 2.5 months of travel this Winter across NM, AZ and CA, this is already happening.  Greater vacancies in campgrounds, BLM land and fewer rigs on the road than the two prior Seasons.

It will be interesting to hear the experiences from those who camp and travel during the Summer months and in other States as to whether this trend is greater than just NM, AZ and CA over this past Winter.

• Like 4

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

8 hours ago, Trainman said:

This is probably true for the Stick Built Trailers, or Metal Sticks, but for the fiberglass trailers like, Oliver, Casita, Big Foot, Escape, etc., I wouldn't be too worried about the value going down, just how much are they going to go up. The fiberglass community of campers is a total different group compared to other groups.

trainman

Agreed, I wasn't concerned about the value of my Oliver but rather how this translates into people camping over the next few years as Mountainman implied. My wife and I just returned from a week trip to SW Utah. We noticed one very popular campground that had a few openings still at sunset even with no RSVP tags on the post. Perusing the BLM dispersed areas also return the same results. Now it is important to note the weather down there has been off the charts wet and unseasonably cold. We were bundled up for ever hike we did, 6 years ago same time give or take a week it was all t-shirts and shorts. 

Cutting to the chase in other forum threads my prediction was many of the people who bought into this during the pandemic will not stick with it. It wouldn't surprise to see a glut on the market wit used RV's for sale soon. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Legacy Elite II #70