Battle Born flash sale through Friday midnight 03/24/23

John E Davies

Save BIG on Battle Born Batteries, Apparel and Gear for 48 HOURS ONLY! Get up to $250 off all Battle Born Battery models, including Heated LiFePO4 options, and 25% off Apparel and Gear. Don’t miss these Spring Savings, purchase now! 

Sale Ends at 11:59 PM PST on Friday, March 24.

BB Spring Sale 48 hour only

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• The title was changed to Battle Born flash sale through Friday midnight 03/24/23

John, thanks for the heads up. Just started investigating the switch over to lithium a week or so an ago. I checked out Battle Born last week.  I’am minimum of a 17 months out, but I put myself on the mailing list.

again thanks

• Like 1

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

• Moderator+

That's the same price I paid (out the door, no tax) at the Big Tent in Quartzsite last month. I bought an extra 100 amp hour battery to put into the truck to run the Dometic fridge/freezer.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Good morning John,

I was wondering if you would tell me how you stow paper towels in your Ollie. Not much on drilling holes, just thought you might have a unique way…thank you John. A picture is worth a thousand words 😊.

Steve Moore

Vancouver Island, Canada.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Steve Moore said:

I was wondering if you would tell me how you stow paper towels in your Ollie. Not much on drilling holes, just thought you might have a unique way…thank you John. A picture is worth a thousand words 😊.

7 years ago I attached a plastic paper towel holder above the sink with command tape.  I think it’s a Camco, got it on Amazon for less than $10.  It’s still there today after a lot of miles and years.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

On 3/28/2023 at 1:13 PM, Mike and Carol said:

7 years ago I attached a plastic paper towel holder above the sink with command tape.  I think it’s a Camco, got it on Amazon for less than $10.  It’s still there today after a lot of miles and years. 

5 years ago I did the same thing with 3M VHB Heavy Duty Mounting tape (Amazon.com).  I very carefully leveled the dispenser over the kitchen counter area with my six inch level and it has been in place faithfully after many miles.  That was my first effort not to use screws and mounting an item in Ollie.   

About a year later, I was sitting at the dinette and noticed that the dispenser was tilted.  First thought was "Drats that VHB tape is slipping".  Tried to push it back "level" again.  Nope.  That tape is tenaciously adhered.  Problem is that when I installed the dispenser, Ollie was not level.  DUHHHHHH... (Picture Homer Simpson with Ice Cream Cone on forehead.)

RECOMMENDATION:  Don't use very much of that tape.  Really!  One little strip is all you need for your kitchen paper towel or magnetic cooking utensil or knife holder.  

QUESTION:  Anybody have any thoughts how to remove a VERY WELL adhered dispenser without creating a giant divot in the inner hull? 

GJ

• Haha 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Geronimo John said:

QUESTION:  Anybody have any thoughts how to remove a VERY WELL adhered dispenser without creating a giant divot in the inner hull? 

Fishing line - with a "sawing" action slowly (like anyone could really do this sort of stuff fast) move the line down the back of the 3M.  Once whatever it is that was stuck with the 3M is off then you can use adhesive remover to get the rest off.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

If it's a small area, you can also try a plastic scraper. A hair dryer can help to soften. 

Goof off or 3m adhesive remover to get rid of the residue.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.