Gen Y Boss Torsion Flex 10K Drop Hitch - Has anyone tried this?

When traveling with the F250 towing the OEII, I notice that I can feel the trailer experiencing significant road bumps like heaves, potholes (which I avoid), speed bumps, etc. The Gen Y Boss 10K hitch seems like it will eliminate or soften these impacts. In theory it will reduce the effects of sudden pressure on the hitch on both TV and trailer. Reviews are generally positive. On the downside, this hitch is quite expensive, and may require longer safety chains. For OEII, it seems useful only if you have the right tow vehicle. It does not seem to apply when weight distribution is required (from the photos, it looks like their WD version will not work with the Andersen).

Does anyone have experience towing an OEII with this hitch? If so, was it worth the price in your opinion?

https://genyhitch.com/product/boss-torsion-flex-10k-drop-hitch/

2021 Elite II Twin #850 "Mojo", 2020 F250 Lariat 7.3L FX4 3.55

I don't have first hand experience, but I would think a better choice for the Elite 2 would be the Glider 7K. The Boss Torsion has a range from 400 - 1100 pounds tongue weight. With the Oliver running at the low end of the range, I would think the relatively light tongue weight would not experience the full benefit of the flex connection. 

The Glider 7K with a TW range of 400 - 700 pounds would put you in the sweet spot for shock absorbing effect. A bonus would be the Glider probably weighs in at 30% of the Boss Torsion, and looks to have a more standard mounting configuration as it effects chain length.

https://genyhitch.com/product/the-glyder-torsion-flex-hitch/

• Like 3

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

I looked into the Curt Rebellion 2/12 flex hitch (859.00) for our trailer. But decided on just a standard 2 1/2 hitch from Curt rated for 20,000 pounds. I didn’t like all the extra possible mechanical problems at the hitch for the small benefit. The best thing I did was lower the air pressure to 55 pounds in our trailer. Safe travels.

• Like 4

John & Chris Dehne Manchester, MD.  2021 Elite II twin Hull# 901

“Fiberbeergrass” 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4  Life is good!

3 hours ago, Ollie-Haus said:

The Glider 7K with a TW range of 400 - 700 pounds would put you in the sweet spot for shock absorbing effect. A bonus would be the Glider probably weighs in at 30% of the Boss Torsion, and looks to have a more standard mounting configuration as it effects chain length.

I did look at this, but it does not have a 2 1/2" shank option. I've never liked using adapter sleeves.

1 hour ago, John Dehne said:

decided on just a standard 2 1/2 hitch from Curt rated for 20,000 pounds. I didn’t like all the extra possible mechanical problems at the hitch for the small benefit. The best thing I did was lower the air pressure to 55 pounds in our trailer. Safe travels.

I currently use a 2 1/2" Curt channel hitch that handles 10K for 2" and 20K for 2 5/16". Excellent hitch, no mechanical problems thus far, and it allows me to get very close to the required 23" ball height regardless of current payload. I lowered the tire pressure right after July 2021 purchase. We haven't had any problems with drawers coming out, things falling, etc., and some of those Tennessee back roads are pretty rough. My main goal is to reduce stress on the mechanisms.

• Like 4

2021 Elite II Twin #850 "Mojo", 2020 F250 Lariat 7.3L FX4 3.55