Spring Camping Prep - dewinterizing and decalcification and sanitizing the fresh water tank

Camping Prep reminders!

Hull #634 is offically dewinterized. Woot! 😄I think it took my wife and I about 15 minutes to dewinterize our OLEll. A special thanks to Service Manager Jason Essary for his excellent video tutorials. It really makes this task seamlessly easy.
We also did the annual decalcification process of our Truma which takes approx 2:15 hrs after installing the decalcification tablets. Super easy with the Truma.

Pro tip - 😎 we place a dog flea collar in the Truma (pic) and refrigerator compartments. Along with screens this mod really does help keep unwanted insects 🐜 🕷️ 🐝 out of these areas.

We will soon sanitize our fresh tank, go though all of our systems checklists check all fasteners and get ready to roll!

Happy Camping Oliver family!

CA35536D-F9B6-4928-BD7D-2AE653E4768C.thumb.jpeg.e19956625238824b263ba81f8ac263d8.jpeg

The white coiled up plastic strip is a flea collar. Along with mesh screens It has proven
to keep spiders 🕷️ 🐜 and other flying insects out of our Truma and frig compartments. 
2A8FDEDF-E20F-4F22-8F57-58B05134D7B0.thumb.jpeg.1b3bb5c1cf1257cc1a17ca4216d0926e.jpeg

Happy Trails!
Patriot🇺🇸
  • Like 12
  • Love 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Patriot said:

Pro tip - 😎 we place a dog flea collar in the Truma (pic) and refrigerator compartments. Along with screens this mod really does help keep unwanted insects 🐜 🕷️ 🐝 out of these areas.

That's an interesting idea I've not seen before.  Not in the fridge, though,  right? Just inside the access?

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

6 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

That's an interesting idea I've not seen before.  Not in the fridge, though,  right? Just inside the access?

Yes, just inside the outside access panel to the fridge. Mud dobbers especially don’t like what ever repellent that is used on the collars. It has worked well in our experience. 

• Like 5

IMG_2879.jpeg

Congrats patriot! And thanks for the flea collar tip. Where are you heading first? We are retiring 4/21 then two weeks at Anastasia State park and one week at Davidson River in Brevard in a SOB (Airstream BCX 16). And then, pick up our LEII 5/22, and we are off and running!  Cant wait for our delivery day.

• Like 6

Robert and Cheryl, Louisville, KY, Legacy Elite II Hull #1390 Oliphino, TV F250 Tremor

13 hours ago, Rolind said:

Congrats patriot! And thanks for the flea collar tip. Where are you heading first? We are retiring 4/21 then two weeks at Anastasia State park and one week at Davidson River in Brevard in a SOB (Airstream BCX 16). And then, pick up our LEII 5/22, and we are off and running!  Cant wait for our delivery day.

Headed to the Oliver Rally in May. And so looking forward to it! Congrats on your new Oliver, enjoy your special delivery day!

Patriot🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

8 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

That's a great idea.  Which brand has worked for you?  

GJ

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

7 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

GJ

The cheapest ones I can find on sale! 😊 

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Rolind said:

nd one week at Davidson River in Brevard in a SOB (Airstream BCX 16).

I live fairly near the Davidson River.  Drop me a PM if you need any help while you are there.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

18 hours ago, Patriot said:

The white coiled up plastic strip is a flea collar.

Absolutely brilliant, Patriot!  Already added it to our checklist, brother!

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

17 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

Absolutely brilliant, Patriot!  Already added it to our checklist, brother!

Just don’t get this one!

https://www.aboutlawsuits.com/seresto-collar-investigation-181486/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

1 hour ago, rich.dev said:

ROGER, THAT!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

I live fairly near the Davidson River.  Drop me a PM if you need any help while you are there.

Bill

Thanks. It should be a great week of fishing, biking and beer.

• Like 2

Robert and Cheryl, Louisville, KY, Legacy Elite II Hull #1390 Oliphino, TV F250 Tremor

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Rolind said:

It should be a great week of fishing, biking and beer.

Fishing - during the summer months, the Davidson is stocked each week (usually on Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning) from the start of the National Forest up to the bridge at Avery Creek.  Note that above the bridge you can only fly fish and the river is not stocked but the fish tend to be larger the closer you get to the fish hatchery.  Just downstream from the campground there is a picnic area and if you walk the bank you will come upon the stump of a large tree that is partially in the water.  There is a 24 inch rainbow that hangs out around this stump!  However, good luck on catching it.

Biking - assuming that you are talking about mountain biking then have fun but the trails do get very busy in that area on weekends.  Stop into the Ranger Station right on 276 just above the campground and ask about trail conditions.

Beer - Don't forget that Osker Blues is a short drive from the campground (get directions from the camp host or PM me or Google it) and for a somewhat "nicer" tour and/or restaurant , Sierra Nevada Brewing is up near the airport - about 18 miles east of the campground on just off route 280.  There is also a decent place right at the entrance to the National Forest for a cold brew after a hard ride and another right on Ecusta Road about 5 miles from the Campground.  Burning Bush Brewery right on route 280 east of the campground (near the stop light in Mills River) looks nice but I've not been there (yet).

Bill

p.s.  there is a nice little hike right out of the campground that will take you past a old time little cemetery - ask the camp host for directions

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

AND - 

now back to our regularly scheduled topic of de-winterization and flea collars!

Sorry for the hijack.

Bill

• Haha 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

GJ

That wasn't me. It was Patriot's idea. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

2 hours ago, mossemi said:

Now that’s a topgun2 Pro tip!

Mossey

I learn from the best! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

IMG_2879.jpeg