Medical Checklist while traveling

Patriot

Back on January 17th of 2020, we had an appointment to meet  @topgun2 to show us his Oliver LEll aka “Twist”. We throughly enjoyed the 4 hr  visit and all the extremely helpful information shared by Bill. And after a factory tour on Jan 21st, and we ordered our Oliver on January 31st!!
I mention Bill; as we are not taking any credit for the below checklist. I know we all have checklists for our Oliver, however this is one that you need to have but hopefully will never have to use. We actually carry this checklist with us every time we travel whether pulling the Oliver or not. We don’t have a blank checklist to share in a word doc as ours has our personal info already on it.
You should find it fairly easy to personalize your own from the info on the attached pics. So consider taking a few minutes and create a medical checklist that hopefully you will never need. In the event you do it’s invaluable. 

A special thank you to Bill aka @topgun2for suggesting one of the most important checklists we will always carry and hope we never need.

Safe Travels Oliver Family!

Patriot🇺🇸

521DF1E6-6130-407E-866B-4AEE78FE0665.thumb.jpeg.56301b10461ca23e6d02320cbe5b93dd.jpeg

659FBA6C-9F69-4122-B564-8DDB4C5D6E07.thumb.jpeg.11d1c63a3100a994be77a1bfb0c88374.jpeg

A09F068F-F0B8-42BF-817A-496895BAFEDF.thumb.jpeg.c8b8a10b4df53c14b717422e3362f492.jpeg

• Thanks 4
  • Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Thanks Patriot for the kind words and I'm glad that you have found this list helpful.

However, I don't deserve credit (other than passing it along) in that it came from a presentation that was done by a former Oliver owner and his wife (both medical professionals) at an Oliver Owner's Rally a few years ago.  This list of medical details and relevant information is to be used in the event that you can't speak for yourself and/or when a medical emergency happens and people are running around in the confusion that many times happens during situations like that, there is one place where all necessary medical information can be easily found.

I keep a copy of this in both my tow vehicle and in the Oliver.  Both copies have a medical alert drawing (like the one below) on the front of a bright yellow folder.

Bill

medical alert.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I (finally) found blank copies of the forms Patriot shows above.

These details plus copies of your driver's license, medical insurance cards, and any health directives that you may have (medical power of attorney, living will, DNR instructions, etc.) should be together.

Hopefully these things will never be needed.

Bill

Medical-History-Forms (2).pdf

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

That's a really good list. 

When we traveled to Antarctica and Patagonia last fall, my physician suggested something similar, plus carrying a cd with my recent scans and x-rays, and recent medical history, "just in case." Thanfully, never used them, but helpful for comparison for a physician if I'd taken a(nother) tumble or  had an other emergency, in his opinion.

In addition, it can be important to understand your insurance coverage away from home. Emergency services in the US are usually covered, depending on your policy, but it can be an unpleasant financial surprise to get sick or injured outside the US, even in Canada. Travel health insurance is relatively cheap, and often covers flight evacuation to the USA for you and your spouse, if necessary. 

This is especially true if you are covered only by traditional Medicare and spend a lot of time camping in the Yukon, as we have. 

Not a pleasant topic, but a sometimes a necessary one to explore. 

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Fortunately our carrier Blue Cross Blue Shield (Federal Employee Program) provides coverage during overseas travel with Geo Blue. It’s still a really good idea to call and understand exactly what is covered while traveling. 👍🏻

https://www.bcbs.com/articles/coverage-goes-where-you-go-travel-worry-free-blue-cross-blue-shield

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 3

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Patriot said:

during overseas travel. 

Don't forget to plug those "scupper holes"!🥰

• Haha 4

Just now, topgun2 said:

Haha..you were reading my mind and saw were I could have gone with this lol! 😄 

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
5 hours ago, topgun2 said:

? I think I missed something?

Oh, you mean the drain holes? .got it, i gurss.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

? I think I missed something?

Oh, you mean the drain holes? .got it, i gurss.

Things a bit slow down there in sunny Florida?😇

• Haha 1