I'm new here --My name is Mark and I'm having my LEII built

Mark Meadows

Mark, 

Welcome to the forum and now is a great time to read all you can in the Oliver University. Take deep dives on various topics on the fourm and ask also questions. Have you taken the factory tour yet? 
Congrats ordering a new Oliver LEll. What do you plan on towing it with? 

Patriot 🇺🇸

• Like 5

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum.  You may have a number of questions,  before, and after delivery .

Ask away. Lots of folks here with answers. 

I'd second @Patriot's suggestion to acquaint yourself with oliver university. Invaluable. 

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi Mark and welcome! We are picking up our LE2 in just over a week. The time between ordering and delivery day seems like a long time, but it goes really fast. We ordered in late October and are so excited to get to "move in to our new home on wheels". If you need anything just let us know. 

• Like 4

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

Welcome to the club Mark! We’ve had our E2 for four months. We are loving it!
I agree with your sentiment, we are all lucky to have such a great forum! 
Kirk

• Like 3

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

6 hours ago, Patriot said:

Mark, 

Welcome to the forum and now is a great time to read all you can in the Oliver University. Take deep dives on various topics on the fourm and ask also questions. Have you taken the factory tour yet? 

Patriot 🇺🇸

Patriot,

Haven’t done the factory tour but I did go to an Oliver owners house to tour his.  I’ll be pulling with the f-150 hybrid. It will be interesting 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Welcome to the forum.  You may have a number of questions,  before, and after delivery .

Ask away. Lots of folks here with answers. 

I'd second @Patriot's suggestion to acquaint yourself with oliver university. Invaluable. 

That’s good to know , the forum should be great resource! Thank you

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ollie-Haus said:

Hi Mark and welcome! We are picking up our LE2 in just over a week. The time between ordering and delivery day seems like a long time, but it goes really fast. We ordered in late October and are so excited to get to "move in to our new home on wheels". If you need anything just let us know. 

Oh the anticipation !1  Are you going to live in it full time?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, snakeriveridaho said:

Welcome to the club Mark! We’ve had our E2 for four months. We are loving it!
I agree with your sentiment, we are all lucky to have such a great forum! 
Kirk

Thank you!  I hope your experience is as good as you had hoped.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark Meadows said:

Oh the anticipation !1  Are you going to live in it full time?

I sure made it sound like that didn't I. No we will travel seasonally for longer stays and probably do lot of local camping in Indiana and the surrounding states for shorter durations. We are finishing up a total remodel on an 1100 sq ft house to retire to out in the country, with the hopes we will free up a lot more time to travel with less home to tend to. Keep us posted on your progress and your time line, and enjoy the anticipation!

• Like 2

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

Congrats, Mark!  Welcome to the forum - it is (as other's noted) an absolute wealth of knowledge, experience, and lessons-learned that will make owning your new Ollie a very pleasant and pleasurable chapter in your RV lifestyle! 

FYI:  we just logged our 1st extended Easter weekend "shakedown trip" in our Ollie - only a few small/manageable issues; and we had a blast!

• Like 4

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators

Welcome to the Family, Mark.

Normally I'd strongly suggest that you seriously consider attending the upcoming Oliver Owner's Rally, but, I see that you are located in California.  That's a bit of a distance to travel even though it does provide an opportunity to see a bunch of Olivers and talk to their owners.

In years past, shortly after the Rally pictures and sometimes even brief shots of some of the presentations will show up here on the Forum.  This many spur questions on your part and if it does then be sure to ask while these things are still fresh in the minds of those that were fortunate enough to be there in person.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

14 hours ago, Mark Meadows said:

Hello to everyone and I'm glad to have this forum available 

The quality of posts on this forum, the quality performance history of Oliver's Service Department and the overall quality of Oliver travel trailers all persuaded my wife and me to pay the premium, and drive all the way to Tennessee, to acquire our Elite II last November.  Our only "camping" experience in it so far has been the 2000+ mile "shakedown" drive back to home to Idaho.  It remained stored during the longest winter experienced in central Idaho for many years.  Yet so far, none of the three things mentioned above (the forum, the Service Department and the overall quality) have disappointed.

Today we head out for the Oregon Coast for our first actual trailer camping experience with the Elite II.  We expect it will perform well.  Following in the footsteps of so many who have provided informative posts on this forum, I will report any issues that arise.

• Like 5

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

Howdy Mark,   

Welcome to the Oliver Trailer family!   Don't ever hesitate to ask questions on this forum as there is a wealth of information that is freely shared by all.   

Mark and Cyndi

• Like 1

2020 F250 Lariat Supercrew 6.7 Diesel 4x4

2020 Oliver Legacy Elite I  *   Hull #664 (April 2, 2022 Incident)

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II * Hull #293 (Purchased Used April 16, 2022)

Located SE Texas Region

ABBCYTAKAZARCACOIDLAMSMTNVNMORSDTNTXUTWA

1 hour ago, Rivernerd said:

The quality of posts on this forum, the quality performance history of Oliver's Service Department and the overall quality of Oliver travel trailers all persuaded my wife and me to pay the premium, and drive all the way to Tennessee, to acquire our Elite II last November.  Our only "camping" experience in it so far has been the 2000+ mile "shakedown" drive back to home to Idaho.  It remained stored during the longest winter experienced in central Idaho for many years.  Yet so far, none of the three things mentioned above (the forum, the Service Department and the overall quality) have disappointed.

Today we head out for the Oregon Coast for our first actual trailer camping experience with the Elite II.  We expect it will perform well.  Following in the footsteps of so many who have provided informative posts on this forum, I will report any issues that arise.

Congrats and safe travels! Cant wait for your assessment... 

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Welcome to the Family, Mark.

Normally I'd strongly suggest that you seriously consider attending the upcoming Oliver Owner's Rally, but, I see that you are located in California.  That's a bit of a distance to travel even though it does provide an opportunity to see a bunch of Olivers and talk to their owners.

In years past, shortly after the Rally pictures and sometimes even brief shots of some of the presentations will show up here on the Forum.  This many spur questions on your part and if it does then be sure to ask while these things are still fresh in the minds of those that were fortunate enough to be there in person.

Bill

Thanks for that , I did see some mention of the rally and it sure sounds good. Maybe next year??

Hello Mark, and welcome! As a new owner myself (12 days), I appreciate your interest and enthusiasm. There's a wealth of knowledge and support here on the forum. It really is way above the norm, from my experience.

• Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

On 4/9/2023 at 4:57 PM, Patriot said:

Mark, 

Patriot 🇺🇸

I'm planning on towing with my F-150 hybrid. I'm seeing posts on other sites stating I might want to consider purchasing a sway bar.  What is the general consensuses?  

1 hour ago, Mark Meadows said:

I'm planning on towing with my F-150 hybrid. I'm seeing posts on other sites stating I might want to consider purchasing a sway bar.  What is the general consensuses?  

Hi Mark,

I tow with a 1 ton F350 so I can’t really answer your question. Our truck does not require the Andersen weight distribution hitch or any other modifications or upgrades to tow and LE2. @topgun2 or @mossemi both have F150’s and may be able to chime in.

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg