Truma Aventa Retro fit Honeywell digital thermostat suggestion

Patriot

To Oliver Owners considering the 13500 BTU Truma Aventa retrofit.

In the last few weeks, I have been working with Oliver Service on incorporating an optional Honeywell digital thermostat to run the Dometic furnace. This optional thermostat will replace the Dometic mechanical thermostat that Oliver has been installing.  

I learned good news today from Service Manager Jason Essary that my suggestion to use the Honeywell digital thermostat was tested and approved by Oliver engineers. The Honeywell digital thermostat will be offered as an option for owners having the Truma Aventa retrofit done.
Optional Honeywell digital thermostat -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H6ARNXO?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

We will have the Honeywell thermostat installed in May when we have our Truma Aventa retrofit install completed. 
For any technical questions please contact Oliver Service @ 1-888-526-3978

Happy Camping!

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 9

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

This has been working great for me for three years.

Emerson 1E78-140 Non-Programmable Heat Only Thermostat for Single-Stage Systems

Pardon my language, but the mechanic unit is unreliable cr@p with an excessively wide deadband.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

2021 LE2

For my Aventa installation, I provided the Truma service center with the Emerson thermostat.

However, Truma recommended that we re-use the existing Dometic thermostat. (they added a resistor or something to the ceiling box)

The Dometic furnace works fine and we still have the original OEM Dometic thermostat "look" and thermostat power source.

Steve

• Thanks 1
  • Like 8

• Moderators
On 4/11/2023 at 7:42 PM, John E Davies said:

This has been working great for me for three years.

Emerson 1E78-140 Non-Programmable Heat Only Thermostat for Single-Stage Systems

Pardon my language, but the mechanic unit is unreliable cr@p with an excessively wide deadband.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Did you have separate thermostats for heat and air with your OEM Atwood air conditioner?

Mossey

• Like 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 10:45 PM, mossemi said:

Did you have separate thermostats for heat and air with your OEM Atwood air conditioner?

Mossey

Great question for @John E Davies

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 4/14/2023 at 7:45 PM, mossemi said:

Mossey

Air Command has a built in thermostat/ control panel plus a small remote for changing modes and temp. It can’t easily be set up with a remote thermostat, to the best of my knowledge, but I never pursued that idea.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 4 weeks later...

I meant to provide an update on this sooner. This digital Tstat works great running the Dometic furnace. 
And honestly it just looks so much nicer that the Dometic mechanical Tstat. 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H6ARNXO?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 3

IMG_2879.jpeg