getting ready to camp after 2 yrs in storage

LindaShields

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Wayfinder said:

Actually, and I know mileage will vary, no pun intended, but my #110 still has the Michelin LTs on them and they are dated 2016.

My statement about tire brands and model years was not correct.  We had BF Goodrich tires on our 2016 because it was started in 2015, then put on hold and finished in early 2016.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

From what I'm seeing from the Michelin LTs, I love 'em.  If they hold up this well for seven years, then I'll get them again.  Granted, they've always been covered or in a fully enclosed storage unit.  Frankly, would venture to guess the trailer has less than 10,000  miles on it.  Difficult to say.  I've not put more than 2,000 miles on it myself yet. I wonder if my tire shop, 2 blocks down, would come over to inspect.  They've got a really small parking area.

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Wayfinder said:

If they hold up this well for seven years, then I'll get them again. 

Good luck on that one - since Michelin doesn't make them for a 16 inch wheel anymore.

THAT is the reason that Oliver changed tire manufacturers.

Bill

p.s.  please be very careful on tires of that age - they may look perfect on the outside but you really can not see what's going on inside the tire.

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Maybe this needs to be a separate thread, but what tire is Oliver putting on new trailers today?  Anyone know.

Also, just to confirm, are we saying the Michelin Defender LTX M/S should also work well?  I'm trying to see what max PSI they go up to.  My current Michelin LX goes up to 80 PSI max.  Naturally they should never go that high for the Oliver.

EDIT:  Well, I did find your'alls older tire discussion.  Still, too many choices.  Dang it I have my heart set on Michelin.  And for no good logical reason either.  That's stupid too, I know.  LOL

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/7437-wheels-and-tires/

• Like 1

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

Thanks again for all the help you gave us.

We did not go camping! I had a GI bug at the last minute. The weather also took a turn to heavy rain and some snow. We have rescheduled the trip to later in May when we will have better weather (and no one is sick).

My husband is going to read through the suggestions about tires but hasn't done that yet. It has Michelins and has been stored out of the sun in a heated space.  We did spend 2.5 months in AZ and NM where sun is strong. If he has questions we will get back to you.

We went out to start cleaning our camper a few day prior to leaving and found we had no power, despite putting in new batteries last fall.

The "RV Doctor" made a house call. Since moving here we have had it plugged into power in our garage via the "front shore power inlet"  and have had no trouble till last fall. The RV doctor said this was only to be used if we had a generator (we don't). We find it hard to believe that the batteries could have stayed charged all this time. We have only done a couple short trips in 5 years. We do have solar but it has been in the garage except for the short trips.

When we plugged the camper into power via the side "shore power" all seems fine.

Also we found the inverter was turned off but the RV doctor didn't think that was part of the problem.

He found the LP regulator and tubing needed to be replaced as we had no gas coming into the camper. It was stuck on red even with full tanks. On our last trip we had no gas for the camper though we thought the tanks had  plenty of gas.

The " RV Doctor" solved some problems but we need clarification on the power inlet.

**Is it only for a generator and not an option to plug into  as the side inlet?  He was not familiar with Olivers but liked it.

Linda

2016 Oliver Elite 2 #111 Tow vehicle Porsche Cayenne 2008

States Visited Map

4 hours ago, LindaShields said:

**Is it only for a generator and not an option to plug into  as the side inlet?  He was not familiar with Olivers but liked it.

The Additional 30A Convenience Connection is not just for generators.  It is truly for the "convenience" of being able to plug a 30A power source, whether regular shore power or a generator, into the curb side of the trailer.

That said, the fact that plugging shore power into that 30A curb side inlet did not charge your batteries suggests that your transfer switch is not working.  If you had only the primary 30A inlet on the street side, you would not have a transfer switch.  But when the additional 30A inlet is added, a transfer switch must also be added.  The transfer switch is designed to direct power from whichever inlet is used to the trailer's electrical system. 

Many Oliver owners have had issues with their transfer switches.  That is one reason we don't have an Additional 30A Convenience Connection on Hull #1291. 

But since you have it, it should be functioning properly for safety.  I recommend you ask your "RV doctor" to take a look at your transfer switch, and probably replace it, so your electrical system will work as designed.

• Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

Thank you. We don't remember a transfer switch. Where would it be located?  If we know where it is located we can get it checked. I think we got it as a convenience but don't recall a location or what to do with it. If it is automatic it obviously is not doing its job anymore!

Linda

2016 Oliver Elite 2 #111 Tow vehicle Porsche Cayenne 2008

States Visited Map

• Moderator+

The transfer switch would be located under the forward dinette seat. Brown box two big wires coming in, one going out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

@LindaShields Mine is black, but my TT is a 2016.  It's under my dinette seat next to the pantry.  Please be careful around this gear.  It's can be dangerous.

I just happen to have my EMS code display on top of the box because it was never mounted outside of that area.  matter of fact, whoever had it before me crushed the grey "telephone-like" cable with the bottom of the hatch.  I have no ideas why it was never mount for easy viewing.  

automatic-transfer-relay-switch.jpg

transfer-switch-dinette.jpg

• Like 2

Chris
Augusta, Georgia