Zerk Count

There was a thread on Zerks I was following, with some discussion on Zerk Count, which I believe ended up being '16', at least for the LE2.  While crawling around underneath, I was able to locate 12.  So I was looking for a diagram to show locations, but I believe a picture provided by John Davies, is a good substitute for a diagram.   

I just circled them in red on JD's picture, but did not number them, and I am now seeing 16.

I will go back to the Quonset to verify, but is this the number and location?

B~Out

6AD5B77C-D308-4252-B66B-D1D29CD93EE9.jpeg.1eb809cd972c254d3b48fd91c5103dfa.jpeg

• Like 5

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

FC - Thanks for the confirmation.

We will be removing tires to do the bearing replacement (Timken's) & greasing.  While off, I will do a few more tasks in that area.

• Like 2

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

@SNY SD UP
Oliver suggests this suspension be greased every 3000 miles or 3 months. 👍🏻

Here is a neat video on the EZE flex.

https://support.olivertraveltrailers.com/portal/en/kb/articles/dexter-ez-flex-overview-maintenance

Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Cool video!👍

• Like 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

Thanks! I put the yellow caps on my jerk fittings a couple of days ago (along with brake shield dust caps), but only found 12. I'll crawl under there again and see if I can reach in to add the caps on the other four. Otherwise, I'm waiting until the first time I remove the wheels.

I appreciate the reminder!

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend that when doing brake/bearing service that you verify that the EzFlex "Heart Bolt" is torqued to spec.  Always put your torque wrench on the nut side as the bolt head has splines to keep it from turning.

We have documented four instances where for what ever reason, the bolt head splines were compromised and that allowed the EzFlex to spin the bolt and nut.  What happened then is that the nut walked away from the trailer and the bolt tried to follow.  Fortunately the bolts were hanging on by their last two threads.  Had these owner's trailer gone negative (Deep pot hole or catching air), the unloaded bolt likely would have flipped out.  Not something that you want to experience on the highway at speed.

Per BHNCB the center bolt nut should be torqued to 65-75 ft-lb.  Per OTT, the flank of the center bolt (NOT the threads) should have Never-Seize applied. 

If you find your center bolt nut not close to specification torque, you likely have compromised splines.  Apply say 50% of torque specification.  If it spins, remove and inspect. If you find your splines are damaged..... be glad you caught it. 

If so, see BackOBeyond's the forum post "Dexter axle loose bolt at the equalizer " and my June 9, 2022 fix. 

GJ  

• Thanks 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg