Gray water blade is stuck.

John Welte

Hi all.  I was pulling on the gray water handle, but it was stuck and the entire wire came out.  I have pushed it back in, but it is hanging up at the end of the housing.  If I can get it to the aluminum pull rod near the blade, maybe I can attach it back in.  It looks like an Allen set screw that tightens on to the wire.  Any idea how to get the wire to travel all the way to the pull rod near the blade?  Why is the blade stuck?  Why are there any problems with a 6 month old trailer?

John

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

1 hour ago, John Welte said:

Hi all.  I was pulling on the gray water handle, but it was stuck and the entire wire came out.  I have pushed it back in, but it is hanging up at the end of the housing.  If I can get it to the aluminum pull rod near the blade, maybe I can attach it back in.  It looks like an Allen set screw that tightens on to the wire.  Any idea how to get the wire to travel all the way to the pull rod near the blade?  Why is the blade stuck?  Why are there any problems with a 6 month old trailer?

John

I fixed it.  I loosened the Allen set screw and was able to get the wire past the housing end and back into the push/pull rod.  How do I lubricate that gray water blade to prevent it from seizing up.  I put some Dawn into the tank so maybe that helped.

John

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators

I’ve removed my cables, black and gray, several times over the years to clean and lubricate.  Loosen the set screw and pull it out, stick it back in and tighten.  I don’t know why your gate would be stuck so soon.  There are lubricants you can put down the drain for the gate.  I wouldn’t use Dawn - besides suds in the tank, it might remove any lubricant you have/had on the gate assembly.  With the gate open, you should be able to squirt some lube around the edges and on the gate itself.  Mike

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, John Welte said:

How do I lubricate that gray water blade to prevent it from seizing up.

First - use what Frank C and Mike suggest.

Then if that doesn't do it for ya go to:

Second - try a motorcycle cable lube tool like THIS

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"