LPG Accessories Compatible with OTT Quick Disconnect Gas Port...?

MAX Burner

(Apologies in advance if this has been addressed before...  can't seem to find a post that covers it).

It's apparent that LPG accessories (fire pits, grills, etc.) with dedicated gas regulators are not compatible with the OTT Quick Disconnect gas port (if so equipped).  My understanding is that the first regulator at the tanks drops the working pressure too low for the second regulator at the accessory to operate correctly.  

Question:  What sort of modification/fix/work-around is needed so our LPG accy's are compatible with the gas port(s)?

At this point, we're using the dog house access port to connect the grill gas line to one of the LPG tanks - would prefer to use the forward or aft QD.

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

You can buy low pressure quick connect hoses and adapters to use with your Oliver propane port. Here is an example. 

DOZYANT 12 feet Low Pressure Propane Quick-Connect Hose, RV Quick Connect Propane Hose, Quick Disconnect Propane Hose Extension - 1/4” Safety Shutoff Valve & Male Full Flow Plug for RVs https://a.co/d/3EucL5u 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

If you have a Blackstone this hose and connection will work. It's specifically listed for use with the Blackstone griddle, don’t know if it would work with other grills/griddles.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

• Moderators

I use my Blackstone with no modifications on our QC.  For my Weber Q1000 I removed the regulator and it works well that way off the QC.  I think our Outland fire pit would also work, but we usually have it far enough from the trailer that I just use a 20 lb tank that I carry.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

If you have propane powered appliances with built-in regulators you will have to remove or bypass them in order to connect it to the Elite's low pressure QD port. If the regulator is external you can replace its hose with something like what rich.dev mentioned above. If your appliance takes the 1 lbs bottle, you can use a straight hose with no regulator (something like this) to connect to a 20 or 30 lbs tank. I have a Weber Q1200 model designed for RVs, which does not come with its own regulator but does come with a 12' QD hose designed for connection to propane ports on the RV.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2021 Elite II Twin #850 "Mojo", 2020 F250 Lariat 7.3L FX4 3.55

Awesome, y'all!  I'm thinking I can modify our Weber to make compatible with the QD fitting on the camper.  Many thanks!  This is an awesome forum...😎

spacer.png

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators
7 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

Awesome, y'all!  I'm thinking I can modify our Weber to make compatible with the QD fitting on the camper.  Many thanks!  This is an awesome forum...😎

You can search online, there are YouTube videos on the Weber.  You can also buy the parts needed.  It’s pretty easy.

• Thanks 1

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Thanks, Mike - we're thinking its an easy fix to mod the Weber...  I'll search the YouTube vids, for sure.  We'll probably go that route rather than invest in a new Blackstone (they sure look sturdy, though) 

• Like 2

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

I like my 17” Blackstone too!  I carry both it and the Weber when we camp.  Mike

Now I know where steaks are served! 😊

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

11 hours ago, Patriot said:

Now I know where steaks are served! 😊

...and the "Smash Burgers"!  HA!

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 4/18/2023 at 7:44 AM, Katjo said:

You can buy low pressure quick connect hoses and adapters to use with your Oliver propane port. Here is an example. 

DOZYANT 12 feet Low Pressure Propane Quick-Connect Hose, RV Quick Connect Propane Hose, Quick Disconnect Propane Hose Extension - 1/4” Safety Shutoff Valve & Male Full Flow Plug for RVs https://a.co/d/3EucL5u 

I see a rubber or stainless steel option.  Any preference for either and what length is commonly needed?  

John

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators

I have two 10’ rubber hoses and one 15’ rubber hose.  I keep my Blackstone connector on one hose.  The Weber doesn’t have a unique connector requirement so I can use either of the other two hoses or connect them together if I need more length.  Mike